1.    #1  
    If I enter a birthday under contacts it ask if I want a reminder, the default is 7 days.

What exactly does this do?
    The birthday shows up on the calendar with a little birthday cake. But what is the actual reminder that appears 7 days before the date?
    So you can get that person a card/cake/present. If it showed a cake on the calander the day of the birthday, you might be like, oh man, I wish I would have remembered a week ago. Seems logical...
  3.    #3  
    Right but the birthday cake icon and calendar entry is ON the birthday, along with a little alarm clock...

But if I go back seven days there is no early reminder on the calendar. Is the reminder an audio reminder??
    Set some one's birthday to 8 days from now and report back.
    Right. Tap on the alarm clock (or on the entry and hit details) and you should have a field that sets how far in advance to alarm you. Alarms don't have to go off the second they're scheduled for.

I don't have a Treo (yet!) this is just how alarms work on my Palm.
    That is correct, you will get an audio alarm and a message popping up on your screen 7 days prior to the event (or whatever duration you set.)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    That is correct, you will get an audio alarm and a message popping up on your screen 7 days prior to the event (or whatever duration you set.)
    O.K. Great...that was the info I was looking for!

Thanks!