1.    #1  
    i'd like to take a screenshot from my 650. i downloaded 'snap'. snap takes a snapshot, and saves it as a .bmp file on the expansion card. great. i can use filecaddy to see that the screenshots are indeed there.

how the heck do i get to them in any useful way however? how do i view them, download them off the palm, etc?

told you it was a stupid question.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I use zLauncher to browse the card and beam snap files to my PC (hold down the center btn on the 5way and select beam). You could also use an app like CardExport2 to browse your card from Windoze file explorer.
    You need an image viewer to see the bmps. If you move the images to /DCIM folder on your card, then the builtin pic viewer should be able to open it (however I'm not sure it supports bmp). If not there are various freeware image viewers like jpegview and vfsi that you can find on freewarepalm.com. The latter definitely supports bmp (sorry can't give links right now I'm mobile). Then there's also Resco which probably the best viewer imo...

Finally you uplaod send the file via an email client or ftp client. There are many solutions for this...just do a search.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    why go through all that...
    get a card reader(my laptop has builtin multicard slot), put the sd card in & open the file in windows explorer.

less is more.
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiWolverine96
    why go through all that...
    get a card reader(my laptop has builtin multicard slot), put the sd card in & open the file in windows explorer.

less is more.
    actually, i'm happily using Palm File Browser to do the same thing, without investing in YADCMD*.

*Yet Another Device Cluttering My Desk
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    MiWolverine is right. That is the best way to do it.