Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried pairing these yet? The PalmOne support page (http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html) lists the HS810 as "Headset profile only" but clearly the HS810 supports both Handsfree and Headset profiles. Those with HS810 and Treo 650: are you able to answer a call with just the headset or do you have to pick up with the phone in addition?
    It will answer it. The Treo only has one profile for the headset. Its thier limitations not the HS810 however it will function as you would expected it to. It wont however Ignore the call or Place them on hold. (unless you use it answer a call waiting and then it puts the first one on hold) and it will swap between the two.

Basically the button functions like a "flash" button.
    I love my HS810
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, SXTG. To clarify your response: so when the phone rings, are you able to answer the call simply by flipping open the "boom" on the headset? If so, is there much of a lag? Will closing the boom then automatically end the call? If a call comes in while wearing the headset, will the center button answer the call?
  4.    #4  
    One last question SXTG: does the carrying case for the HS810 come with a belt clip?
    Yes the boom will answer the call. The connect is very fast. So you can keep it in the holster (yes it has a belt clip) and then pull it out and flip it open in plenty of time to answer the phone. Closing the flip does not end the call though. It does shut the headset off. The phone call will end on its own or you can push the center button to hang up before you take it off and close the boom. If you have it on and the phone rings, the center button will answer the call.

Its a great headset. And being able to store it "off" with the boom closed really prolongs the battery life. I get as much battery life out of it as I do with the A210 dongle that is rated for 9 hrs talk time. It always outlasts my T600 battery, I am returning my T650 but I did try the headset and it functions the same.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all of your help, SXTG. Just out of curiosity, why are you returning you 650?
    It doesn't handle small data chunks very well. 4,000 records like contacts or appointments will use ALL of the available memory leaving nothing for apps. My database that used to take 2.4 megs now takes 14.9megs They changed the file system and it isn't good for databases at all. Unfortunately databases have to reside on the ram and can not be put on an SD card. There are several threads about this issue. It is clearly an oversite on P1's part. I expect them to fix it with the next device and I don't to have 600 bucks invested in this one when and if it comes out.
    I have a question about the HS810 vs the 820. Some people seem to prefer the 810 to the 820 despite the latter's seemingly superior specs. Is this because people prefer flipping boom for answering calls to the single button interface of the 820?

Also, I saw the 820 and it is much smaller than the Jabra and Plantronics models I've seen and it's amazingly light, yet Jabra and Plantronics sound much more popular in comparison. Why is that the case? I'm I missing something.

Thanks for any insight.
    I used both of them.

The 820 had a slightly better fit, but people cant hear you as well because the mic is not as close to your mouth as it is with the 810.

The t650 will maintain an "active" connection to the either headset as long as they are on. So, the boom allows you to store the 810 in the off mode. This preserves the battery well beyond the battery life of the 820.

Jabra will give you a slow connection time. I have never used a plantronics
    To those who have the 810, when storing the headset in its case, should the battery connector be facing up and the ear loop and boom be against the back side of the case (opposite the belt loop)? Note - this is for a left ear configuration.

Just wondering because it looks like the headset could slip out through the case bottom. Thanks,

YoungTurk
    '04 Range Rover Java Black/Sand
    12" PowerBook G4 with Superdrive
    Sprint Treo 650, Moto HS810
    the boom should be towards the bely clip side of the case, with the mic end of the boom down. I believe that would put the charge connection up. (sorry I don't have it with me right now) while you could possibly force it through the bottom, it won't slip thru.
    sxtg, how did you get flipping the boom to answer the phone? Mine is paired successfully but in order to answer a call, I must press the answer button on the Treo and then press the button on the headset to initiate the link. Is there another setting on the Treo I need to reconfigure?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    how is the clarity and range with the 810 & treo 650? thanks!
    I'm looking at this one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...733485182&rd=1

Looks like it's Dan's for me along with other needed accesories:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...733396291&rd=1
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 11/21/2004 at 08:53 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cortjestir
    sxtg, how did you get flipping the boom to answer the phone? Mine is paired successfully but in order to answer a call, I must press the answer button on the Treo and then press the button on the headset to initiate the link. Is there another setting on the Treo I need to reconfigure?
    I don't know, and now mine does the same as yours. For the first day it was always "active" (long pulsing light) But now it goes into standby and I have to push the button. That is much better for batt life though.
    Wow, I just realized that my 810 will ring to let me know there is an incoming call.
    Sxtg, can you listen to P-tunes on it? I like the thought of the flip feature and the blue indicator light!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    810 muffled and sometimes stactic?
    I have an 810 and when I am talking sometimes the other party complains that I sound muffled? Has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it? Another problem is that there is sometimes static when I move about 20 feet or so away, is this normal?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Sxtg, can you listen to P-tunes on it? I like the thought of the flip feature and the blue indicator light!

I dont know sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by alan257
    810 muffled and sometimes stactic?
    I have an 810 and when I am talking sometimes the other party complains that I sound muffled? Has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it? Another problem is that there is sometimes static when I move about 20 feet or so away, is this normal?
    Thanks!
    Does this happen only at home? Bluetooth 1.1 operates on the 2.4GHz bandwidth so things like wireless routers, 2.4 GHz cordless telephones, and microwaves can cause a little bit of static.

As for sounding muffled, orient the boom towards your mouth as much as possible after putting the headset on. Or maybe the boom is pressing too hard up against your face?

There is some amount of static on my headset, but nothing too annoying. I also have wireless routers and APs all over the house so it's nothing I didn't expect. Out of the house however, the headset works great.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast