Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for your reply .
    I think the static is from a home wifi.

I also thnk the the boom is too close to my face. Do you or anyone have any sugestions on how to get it so it is not directly on my face?
    Thanks again!
    Alan
    I am currently testing the 810.

On outbound calls, do you have to click on the talk button to establish the connection after the call has been placed on Treo? Would this statement be correct:

"Unlike many other headsets, calls are not automatically routed through the headset, even if it is in range. The user has to push the talk button on the headset to move the phone call from the internal speaker to the headset. "
    Hey marcus,

Yeah, this has been my experience so far with the HS810. Would be nice if the Treo would automatically route the call to the headset but it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    I am currently testing the 810.

On outbound calls, do you have to click on the talk button to establish the connection after the call has been placed on Treo?"
    Yes, but at least clicking the talk button routes the call to the 810 every time you click the button. In other words, its not a flaky connection by any means.

YoungTurk
    In addition to pushing the talk button, you can also flip the microphone to transfer outbound calls.

How about inbound calls? Does this statement match your experience "When a call comes in, wait until the headset starts ringing (2-3 seconds after the call starts ringing on the Treo). You can then push the talk button on the headset to establish the connection.

You can also answer the call directly on the Treo, and unlike many other headsets the call is not automatically routed to headset."
    How about inbound calls? Does this statement match your experience "When a call comes in, wait until the headset starts ringing (2-3 seconds after the call starts ringing on the Treo). You can then push the talk button on the headset to establish the connection.

You can also answer the call directly on the Treo, and unlike many other headsets the call is not automatically routed to headset."
    Yep. That's how it works for me.
    What is your experiece with answering an inbound call on the Treo first, and then transferring to the headset?
    HS810

Outbound calls

Unlike many other headsets, calls are not automatically transferred to the headset, even if it is in range. After a call has been placed on the Treo, the user either has to push the talk button on the headset (or flip the microphone if in closed position) to move the call from the internal speaker to the headset. This is good for users who may not always want calls to be routed to the headset.

Inbound Calls

When a call comes in, you have several options.

If the headset is in a closed position, flip it open and wait until the headset chirps (could be several seconds after the flip). You can then push the talk button on the headset to answer the call.

If the headset is in an open position, wait until the headset starts ringing (could be several seconds after the Treo starts ringing). You can then push the talk button on the headset to answer the call.

You can also answer the call directly on the Treo, and once again the call is not automatically transferred to headset, but rather on the internal speaker. You can then either flip the headset open or push the talk button on the headset (depending on the Bluetooth link status) to transfer the call.

Call Management

As is standard, pressing the talk button during a call hangs up the call. To transfer the call back to the headset, either hit cancel on your Treo or flip the headset closed.

You can answer a 2nd incoming call by pushing the talk button, and you can toggle between the two calls using the talk button as well. You need to hangup the calls from the Treo.

Specs
    Talk time: 5hrs
    Standby: 100hrs

Redial: No
    Call Reject: No
    Anwser 2nd Incoming Call: Yes
    Toggle Calls: Yes

Auto Link: No
    What is your experiece with answering an inbound call on the Treo first, and then transferring to the headset?
    Pretty decent for me. The headset picks up really quickly, regardless if the boom is open or not. I would say it's a matter of a second or two for the headset to pick up the call. This headset really shines on incoming calls. I really do wish that outgoing calls were automatically routed to it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan257
    Thanks for your reply .
    I think the static is from a home wifi.

I also thnk the the boom is too close to my face. Do you or anyone have any sugestions on how to get it so it is not directly on my face?
    Thanks again!
    Alan

The boom being close to your face actually helps with Noise Reduction.
    It sheilds the mic from wind etc..
  11.    #31  
    Thanks for the mini-review, Marcus. Did you have "Auto answer immediately" chosen from the "Handsfree" menu in Preferences? SXTG, you had mentioned that you were able to answer the phone just by opening the boom--is it the "Auto answer immediately" setting that allowed you to do that? I'm still waiting on mine, but am considering the HS850, especially if volume is better (as reported by some) and if opening the boom answers calls (and if it is truly the case that the HS810 cannot do this...
  12.    #32  
    SXTG, did you ever figure out how you got your HS810 to answer by opening the boom. Was it with the "Allow Wakeup" option in the Bluetooth menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    SXTG, did you ever figure out how you got your HS810 to answer by opening the boom. Was it with the "Allow Wakeup" option in the Bluetooth menu.

No I didn't figure it out. The only thing I know is that the LONG blue pulse was always going. So it was keeping an active connection, which isn't good. I would go with the 850 I am using the 820 and the user functions are much better than the 810 and I beleive the 850 will be the same as the functioinality on the 820.
    I just purchased a HS810 to use with my 650. It worked day one and now will no longer pair up. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i dont know but what is weird is that after pairing with my Treo (my friend has a sony ericsson and bt 810) and he cannot pair his sony after pairing with the treo. and i have bluetooth off. interestingly this thing is a lot smaller than i thought.. honestly the sound was horrendous. static and i could barely here.
    Last edited by wahili; 12/28/2004 at 09:24 PM.
    I'm a new treo user so I can't explain what happened - but...

My conduits were failing so I had to reinstall and use a new Hotsync ID. I reinstalled several programs from a back up on my SD card (including btmute) and all of a sudden my treo is routing outgoing calls to my HS810.

Can't explain it but it's working. More than happy to help if someone wants me to walk them through what I did and figure out why it's working.

-----------------

Unfortunately - after a few hours and a soft reset this is no longer working. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by mshaw1515; 01/03/2005 at 08:07 PM.
    I purchased the regular HS810 (blue/gray) and it works fine... little bit of lag but thats it.

Then I saw the Black one and had to have it...got it for $100. Anyways it worked fine for about 1 week, then out of nowhere, not sure what happened (didn't document anything), it wouldn't work with my phone. i then tried to re-pair it, and it turns out that the Black Motorola HS810 will no longer go into Pair Mode. Once you hold the button... it goes solid blue, and as soon as the boom is lifted it returns to standby mode.

I ended up having to send it back to Motorola (which is gay because the cell store said that motorola would charge me, send me a new one, and I place the headset in the box and return it, then be credited - AND that it would only take 3 days total) I ended up paying shipping... and am still waiting for my stuff!

I hate Motorola. I'm currently using my girlfriends original HS810 but plan to return my black one and get a different headset
    Last edited by yoskater; 02/09/2005 at 10:38 PM.
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    I tried the 820 and the 810. I currently have both and am going to take one back. The sound seems louder on the 810. However, I cannot get it to auto-answer incoming calls even with the treo set to this option. Is there any way to change this or is that just the way the 810 is made? I had the 820 set up to auto-answer and it worked. Thanks for your help.

HS810

Outbound calls

Unlike many other headsets, calls are not automatically transferred to the headset, even if it is in range. After a call has been placed on the Treo, the user either has to push the talk button on the headset (or flip the microphone if in closed position) to move the call from the internal speaker to the headset. This is good for users who may not always want calls to be routed to the headset.

Inbound Calls

When a call comes in, you have several options.

If the headset is in a closed position, flip it open and wait until the headset chirps (could be several seconds after the flip). You can then push the talk button on the headset to answer the call.

If the headset is in an open position, wait until the headset starts ringing (could be several seconds after the Treo starts ringing). You can then push the talk button on the headset to answer the call.

You can also answer the call directly on the Treo, and once again the call is not automatically transferred to headset, but rather on the internal speaker. You can then either flip the headset open or push the talk button on the headset (depending on the Bluetooth link status) to transfer the call.

Call Management

As is standard, pressing the talk button during a call hangs up the call. To transfer the call back to the headset, either hit cancel on your Treo or flip the headset closed.

You can answer a 2nd incoming call by pushing the talk button, and you can toggle between the two calls using the talk button as well. You need to hangup the calls from the Treo.

Specs
    Talk time: 5hrs
    Standby: 100hrs

Redial: No
    Call Reject: No
    Anwser 2nd Incoming Call: Yes
    Toggle Calls: Yes

Auto Link: No
    Great mini-review Marcus - thanks.

I have an issue that has been vexing me with respect to outgoing calls. After I place a call on the handset and transfer it to my headset, I like to put the phone in my pocket (I am not a fan of holsters). Invariably the "hang up" button on the screen gets hit in my pocket.

Is there any way to lock the screen during outgoing calls? Any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater
    I purchased the regular HS810 (blue/gray) and it works fine... little bit of lag but thats it.

Then I saw the Black one and had to have it...got it for $100. Anyways it worked fine for about 1 week, then out of nowhere, not sure what happened (didn't document anything), it wouldn't work with my phone. i then tried to re-pair it, and it turns out that the Black Motorola HS810 will no longer go into Pair Mode. Once you hold the button... it goes solid blue, and as soon as the boom is lifted it returns to standby mode.

I ended up having to send it back to Motorola (which is gay because the cell store said that motorola would charge me, send me a new one, and I place the headset in the box and return it, then be credited - AND that it would only take 3 days total) I ended up paying shipping... and am still waiting for my stuff!

I hate Motorola. I'm currently using my girlfriends original HS810 but plan to return my black one and get a different headset
    The "black" HS810 is actually an HS850 and should, by all accounts, work better than its predecessor. I imagine you just had a defective model. Still, to each his own. I was using an HS810 when I first got my 650, and the non-transfer of outbound calls was a deal killer for me. I realize this is probably a "Treo thing", but I wanted BT that works like its supposed to. I switched to the Scala 500. Much happier. Range (from belt to ear) is still an issue (as in it won't do it , but again I'm starting to believe that's a Treo issue as well), but the headset functions as it should. Still can't answer incoming calls with the headset when I'm already on a call (I think that's what it wouldn't do. Honestly I don't remember.), but it does transfer. I'm going to the TWH here in the next month or so, I think. If that doesn't fix it I may opt to swap out my Treo and see what happens then. It appears to me that some 650's BT functionality (the headset should not have static from your belt to your ear) is better than others. We'll see.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast