Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody tried tried using outlook web acess with 650 - This is the only way I can get to my corporate email and with currrent 600 this was horrid (no screen real estate)

i am hoping small fonts 320 x320 would allow more to be seen?

My palm order is on its way monday - looking to foward to maxing out the mem
    Quote Originally Posted by spaner
    Anybody tried tried using outlook web acess with 650 - This is the only way I can get to my corporate email and with currrent 600 this was horrid (no screen real estate)

i am hoping small fonts 320 x320 would allow more to be seen?

My palm order is on its way monday - looking to foward to maxing out the mem
    I just tried it for you.

I looks MUCH better than on the 600, whuich was unusable. It's not perfect,of course, but it is doable.

Nice. What an improvement.
  3.    #3  
    thanks much!!!!
    helps justify my purchase).

my biggest beef with 600 was the icons and headers filled up whole screen. you then had less than 10mm for the slider bar and messages which were all of page
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm curious-what browser were you using? I'm using the free Avantgo browser for OWA on my Treo 270 and it's usable for me. My GSM 650 is on order and I'm hoping it can only get better.
    couldnt get it to work on mine. the left menu showed up...and when i clicked on Inbox...soft reset.
    definitely worked here. inelegant, but pasable in a pinch.
    I'd say its an improvement on the 650 vs 600 but since it didnt work at all on the 600 It wouldnt be saying enough. It actually works which is a minor miracle. The frame rendering is still a little eh. but its fine. Of course if our networking guys would get off thier lazy asses and install the pda version of OWA it wouldnt be an issue at all
    Great to hear - OWA on T600 Blazer totally didn't work for me. If it works as well on the 650 as it did with Web Pro 3.0.1 on the 600 (or even close) that would be great. Since Web Pro 3.0.1 is on the "red list" for the 650 ( http://www.palmfocus.com/treo650software.asp ) i'm not sure what other options would be out there anyway...
  9.    #9  
    well I got my 650 tuesday and promptly tried owa. Boo it does not work - error messages says something like needs a web browser that supports frames please down load a java compliant browser

now as others have been sucesful it must be something with the way my company is handling it

any suggestions - would downloading the j2me help or do I need to use a browser other than blazer.

the screen on this thing rocks so am very hopeful to get this working
    Outlook Web access works fine for me. I select "basic" on the outlook web page, not "Premium". I think Premium requires a windows pc.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    selected basic and it lookss great!
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    i am having the same problem. I could at least access the site with my 600, but now I get the error message on my 650 that says I need a browser with frames and java. I have dl the j2me and it still doesnt work. Any suggestions? THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Outlook Web access works fine for me. I select "basic" on the outlook web page, not "Premium". I think Premium requires a windows pc.
    Where is the choice between "Basic" and "Premium"? On the OWA logon page that you get (for instance, "https://webmail.xxxxxx.com/exchange/logon.asp") ?

I don't see any Basic/Premium choice. Like the others, all I get when I call up the OWA logon page in Blazer is:

"We're sorry. Microsoft (R) Outlook (TM) Web Access requires a web browser that supports frames and JavaScript, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 or Netscape Navigator 3.0. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer for free at http://www.microsoft.com/ie/download."

Do you also get Showtime and HBO if you choose Premium?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwphillips
    Where is the choice between "Basic" and "Premium"? On the OWA logon page that you get (for instance, "https://webmail.xxxxxx.com/exchange/logon.asp") ?

I don't see any Basic/Premium choice. Like the others, all I get when I call up the OWA logon page in Blazer is:

"We're sorry. Microsoft (R) Outlook (TM) Web Access requires a web browser that supports frames and JavaScript, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 or Netscape Navigator 3.0. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer for free at http://www.microsoft.com/ie/download."

Do you also get Showtime and HBO if you choose Premium?

You must be running an OLD version of OWA I can verify that with Exchange 2003, it works just fine.
    We are running 2003 and I can not access OWA. I could with the treo 600 which is strange. Is there a setting that I have wrong somewhere?
    If you are running Exchange 2003, then you should try oma (outlook mobile access) instead of owa (outlook web access). Although, if you have a 650, you should use Activesync against Exchange 2003 (even though it doesn't work right

I am not sure, but to get the choice between basic and premium in owa, you might need to be running forms-based authentication...of course, you may just not be waiting long enough for the actual page to load...

Under forms-based authentication, you see essentially the same page in blazer that you would see in IE6

It would be best for posts for help to include a little more detail:

whether or not the poster is a user versus has exchange admin access
    which version of exchange is being used
    whether the service is local or hosted, etc.
  17. mjf
    I have gotten 2 different versions of OWA to work using Palm One's WebPro3.0

Free trial download from:

http://software.palmone.com/Platform...roductId=88625

On one of my corporate email OWA's- I need to use the PalmOne proxy server (default in WebPro). On the other corporate email OWA- I can use either proxyless or the Proxy server.

I tried WebPro after failing miserably with Blazer (getting the same errors as others on this thread) as well as Xiino.

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I use the basic and the public or shared computer buttons.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf
    I have gotten 2 different versions of OWA to work using Palm One's WebPro3.0

Free trial download from:

http://software.palmone.com/Platform...roductId=88625

On one of my corporate email OWA's- I need to use the PalmOne proxy server (default in WebPro). On the other corporate email OWA- I can use either proxyless or the Proxy server.

I tried WebPro after failing miserably with Blazer (getting the same errors as others on this thread) as well as Xiino.

Hope this helps
    Don't bother with the "free trial" of WebPro from the palmOne site. The copy of WebPro I downloaded from the "free trial" link at the address asks for a registration key when I try to run it. Neither the linked page nor the "readme" file with the download supplies a temporary key or any indication how to make the "free trial" work. That may not matter, since if I hit "cancel" at the registration key screen and try to run WebPro anyway, it crashes my 650 after trying to connect.

I'm not going to pay palmOne $35 for WebPro without some reason to think that I can access OWA with it - and, I might add, some reason to think that it is compatible with the 650.
    Worked ok with small fonts and wide page settings in balzer for me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast