Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just upgraded my 600 to a 650 - woooohoooo got everything working with one exception I can sync everything except the calendar in outlook. This is a big problem. The log goves error messages, and a search of palmone support reveals it is a known issue. (see below.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=210,E=0000000000093541602,K=6001,Sxi=2,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=31167

'OLERR: (number)' errors in HotSync Log

These error messages can be found in the HotSync Log (more about HotSync Log). It usually happens when the HotSync process fails to complete, leaving some of your information unsynchronized.

The errors can take a number of forms, depending on your individual device. They will always have "OLERR:" at the beginning, followed by a two-digit number, a hyphen, and a four-digit number (hexadecimal). Here's an example of how the errors may appear in the HotSync Log:

Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:11-000A
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001

- Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001

What does the error mean?
    When you see an "OLERR:" error, it usually indicates that the palmOne Outlook Conduits are having trouble synchronizing your information.

This issue is under investigation as of late October 2004. palmOne engineers are looking at the cause of this error condition, and possible solutions. We will post a fix as soon as it becomes available

Anyone else see this? or is it just me?
    Last edited by dsds; 11/20/2004 at 09:26 AM.
  2.    #2  
    If the link doesn't work you can go to palmone treoo 650 support and in the how can i help you search field plug in any of the error messages
  3.    #3  
    I fixed my problem. I don't know if this will work for you, but what I did was to delete all of my offline calendar records FILE ->folder -> properties for calendar -> clear offline items.

Then i synched successfully. Connected in and resynched my calendar. Was notified that i had conflicting records in the hotsync logged, followed the instructions in the log to find and clean them up, and voila.

I found nothing on the web to point me in this direction, so good luck if you have this problem.

dsds
    Quote Originally Posted by dsds
    I fixed my problem. I don't know if this will work for you, but what I did was to delete all of my offline calendar records FILE ->folder -> properties for calendar -> clear offline items.

Then i synched successfully. Connected in and resynched my calendar. Was notified that i had conflicting records in the hotsync logged, followed the instructions in the log to find and clean them up, and voila.

I found nothing on the web to point me in this direction, so good luck if you have this problem.

dsds
    WHich version of Outlook are you using? I can't find "clear offline items" on that pane. I'm using Outlook 2003.
  5.    #5  
    I am using 2003 go to the calendar, then as it says above, FILE ->folder -> properties for calendar -> clear offline items.
    at least that how it is on mine
    I also have Outlook 2003, and don't have the Clear Offline Items option. I fixed the problem by deleting all the recurring appointments from Outlook that were created by my customer's Exchange Server. For some reason, these entries were causing the sync error.
    Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. --Greg Bear
    This person probably has an .OST for using outlook "offline"/while not connected to their exchange server. Where as the rest of us would be using Outlook with our POP account.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have the identical problem. I also don't have the "clear offline items" option. I'm not sure I understand the recommendation to delete "all the recurring appointments from Outlook that were created by my customer's Exchange Server" - are these different from recurring items I create myself?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Recurring appointments is the problem. I deleted all of mine, resynched - no errors. I added some of them back in (in Outlook, not the handheld), resynched - no errors. (I still have a number to re-input, though.)

While deleting the recurring appointments I noticed that there were a number of duplicates that I'm pretty sure arose during my migration from the 600 to the 650.
    In specific, I found that for me it was recurring appointments, that were created from Exchange Server. I had to delete all of my Exchange appointments before calendar sync would work. Now it's fine.
    Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. --Greg Bear
    OK gang... here is something else to try.

Exit Outlook
    Click on Start/Run
    In the pop up box key in "outlook.exe /resetfolders"
    Outlook will open
    Sync

This has solved my problem and I am now able to sync my Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes. Best of luck, hope this helps others.
    OMG - selecting "clear offline items" wiped them all out of my outlook. Doing a send receive thankfully brought them back. Still unable to synchronize between Outlook and phone.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    create a new profile....outlook sucks

what error are you getting?
    no error from a hotsync perspective - just whipping through the hotsync as normal but skipping the outlook folders...
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    I had this issue. Whenever it did that, my Treo would reset, so I couldn't Hotsync anymore.

I finally did a hard reset, wiped my data, and then did a recovery sync. Everything's worked fine ever since.
    i'm trying the solutions in this thread... will let you know of the result. i had be syncing just fine with my 650 for some time. all of a sudden, no dice.

i tried desktop overwrites option, but got this:

OLERR:11-000A
    OLERR:0D-000A
    - Desktop overwrite HH Sync
    I have tried everything on this list (and more) yet I still get the floowing error:

HotSync operation started for .... on 04/03/05 00:37:56

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-0010
    - Recovery Sync

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Do Nothing
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Outlook Notes
    - Do Nothing
    OK Outlook Notes
    I have tried everything that has been listed and I still get the same as others.

Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:05-001D
    OLERR:0D-0048
    - Recovery Sync

Plus, I have done this on my office computer and my computer at home and I get the exact same error. That tells me the problem in on the Treo side.

I did not have a problem until I did the 1.08 update.
    Here's how I fixed it...

On one call with Sprint Tech Support, they offered me a credit ($30) to download Chapura Pocket Mirror XT (the only one that works with the 650) and my Calendar now syncs. On another, they gave me a URL to download Pocket Mirror.

In the interest of sanity I would try for one of the above before futzing with any databases or other settings.

I had the same error message and Pocket Mirror fixed the problem!

Hope it works for you!
    I got my problem fixed by following a suggestion from Ink883 from another thread.

deleted the 2 calendar database files with Filez and then did a hotsync with "desktop overrides handheld" and now everything works fine.

I decided it was corrupt databases on the Palm when I got the same error message on my office machine and on my home machine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast