Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't because still in "PROVISIONING" mode!
    I have set it up and am using it with no problems. My only dislike at this point is that you can't make an appointment in your calendar on the Palm within BC - it is only a one way push. This doesn't help when you're in a meeting and need to schedule something for the future, you still have to remember to enter in your computer. I also can't figure a way to change the view from one day at a time from within BC. Other than that, it was easy to setup on both the PC and the 650. BTW, my provisioning experience was painless - the 650 worked within 10 minutes of my activation call - even Vision. This was a total different experience I had from when I got my first Sprint phone. I was in provisioning mode for 5 days before everything worked.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmedia1
    ... BTW, my provisioning experience was painless - the 650 worked within 10 minutes of my activation call - even Vision. This was a total different experience I had from when I got my first Sprint phone. I was in provisioning mode for 5 days before everything worked.
    Going on 5 hours and still nothing.
    I have BC PE running on my phone. Upgraded from the 600 with no issues. It asks for the name and passord. Works well with the exception of the new calendar stuff - no making appointments, and no alarms
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    No problems here as well, BC works wonderfully.
    I've been using PE for months on my Treo 600 and no problems moving to my 650. My only issue is that sometimes the desktop client sometimes disconnects and you have to relaunch it. I use a spare computer at work to bounce my mail since my primary computer is a laptop that isn't always connected to the network.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've used it for about a year now and it seems to become more "reliable" throughout time. Only drawback is I am unable to open jpegs that are attached, unless someone can tell me how to do this? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nhomer
    I've used it for about a year now and it seems to become more "reliable" throughout time. Only drawback is I am unable to open jpegs that are attached, unless someone can tell me how to do this? Thanks!
    Ditto, trying to figure out how to open gifs/jpegs w/Splashphoto
    I noticed a few successful setups for users who have Business Connection Personal Edition. But I am an Enterprise Edition user and I can't get the setup to work. I called into Tier 2 Sprint support and they didn't help at all. Each time I try and setup my account on the Palm client I get an error saying that the modem is not connected. This doesn't make any sense since Vision is working just fine on my phone. The support rep said he thinks that it is a hardware issue but I think it is a software compatibility problem.

Any successful setups out there?

Also, I just purchsed a new Jabra BT110 and I cannot get it configured for the life of me. Is it possible that the T650 bluetooth software is buggy?

Thanks for any input.
    I'm interested in hearing the experiences of those who wirelessly synchronize their corporate Exchange or Domino server mail/memo/todo/calendar with their new Treo 650s.

Please specify which service is being used:

Sprint Business Connection
    Seven Beta (to get calendaring)
    Goodlink

VZW Wireless Sync works very well as a redirector for my Domino server data. However, I might switch to Seven before getting Cingular or T-Mobile service. It depends on how well the Seven Beta Program works.

I'd hope that a BB client would have been offered with this device.
    I use Sprint BC personal edition to sync email and calendar. Email is fine i use it to read and delete and accept calendar invites, and some responses. It does not let you sort folders which some folk like. The calendar is part good. It is up to date, but I have not found any alarm, or ability to creat new items, is just shows the day's events, so I keep my calendar synched with the included calendar app via hotsync (over bluetooth) whcihc gives you full functionality, but does not stay up to date without a hotsync. If you want complete integration you probably need a 3rd party app. I have exchange at the back end.

I understand there is an enterprise version of the BC connection software, and I believe it is a version of Seven that is used for this (remember reading that here somewhere). I keep hearing that blackberry is coming to the treo, and that Goodlink is another option to consider, but I am fine where I am.
    Thanks, dsds --

How does the BC memory requirement compare to your experience with the Treo 600?
    I still have both, with fairly similiar date (switched phoned friday) 650 has two entries for Bizcon 1013K & 31 K - the 600 has two entries 897K & 13 K. I am not hitting teh ceiling with the 650, so it is a non issue for me
    Unfortunately .gifs and .jpegs going through an external document viewer in the client are not supported in the version just released by Sprint. It still uses the same Fileview transformation method from 6.0.8 which does text translations of things like Excel and Word. If I remember correctly though you may be able to view them by going through Blazer and logging in the SEVEN and then accessing the attachments since at that point they are just Web pages.

Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Ditto, trying to figure out how to open gifs/jpegs w/Splashphoto
    So is your problem exclusively with the Bluetooth setup or the BCEE client software? My guess is Sprint is going to have their hands full with Bluetooth support on the 650 since that is new territory for them on that device line.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberchino
    I noticed a few successful setups for users who have Business Connection Personal Edition. But I am an Enterprise Edition user and I can't get the setup to work. I called into Tier 2 Sprint support and they didn't help at all. Each time I try and setup my account on the Palm client I get an error saying that the modem is not connected. This doesn't make any sense since Vision is working just fine on my phone. The support rep said he thinks that it is a hardware issue but I think it is a software compatibility problem.

Any successful setups out there?

Also, I just purchsed a new Jabra BT110 and I cannot get it configured for the life of me. Is it possible that the T650 bluetooth software is buggy?

Thanks for any input.
    The calendar piece is indeed a one-way view only. So you use Bluetooth to sync your Palm Calendar or another app? If it is exchange then the Personal edition Calendar should match what has changed at the Exchange level. There is a way to add appts using Personal edition but it is through their Web interface so you would need to go in via Blazer. It seems the Add Appt button is still there from the previous release. This is kind of a behind the scenes hack to accomplish it if you really needed it on the road for example.

THe BCEE and BCPE are both made by SEVEN and I think they are both using a very similar client.

Quote Originally Posted by dsds
    I use Sprint BC personal edition to sync email and calendar. Email is fine i use it to read and delete and accept calendar invites, and some responses. It does not let you sort folders which some folk like. The calendar is part good. It is up to date, but I have not found any alarm, or ability to creat new items, is just shows the day's events, so I keep my calendar synched with the included calendar app via hotsync (over bluetooth) whcihc gives you full functionality, but does not stay up to date without a hotsync. If you want complete integration you probably need a 3rd party app. I have exchange at the back end.

I understand there is an enterprise version of the BC connection software, and I believe it is a version of Seven that is used for this (remember reading that here somewhere). I keep hearing that blackberry is coming to the treo, and that Goodlink is another option to consider, but I am fine where I am.
    Ok - Got my 650 - Love it
    Took them about 8 hours to provision it - the usual Sprint nightmare.
    However, any of you folks have any idea why when I try to download the client sw from the phone for Biz Connection Personal Edition it would stop the download and hang at 857.4k of 892.4k? I've tried about 20 times. Also, is there a way I can get the file bizconnpe.prc to load another way?
    Thanks for your help.
    I used BC PE extensively on a treo 600 before upgrading to the 650.
    The major drawback for me was being a mobile user, and only having access when my laptop was on the network.
    With the Mail app on the 600 and VersaMail on the 650, I will probbly use POP access until we upgrade to Exchange 2003 and can use an ActiveSync account.
    That is odd. Just for grins I deleted mine and tried it and it downloaded very fast with no stalling so it might be something network wise in your area. Was the download fast all along the way until that point? In any case there is another way... simply login to your BCPE account and go to the Donwnload link and select the Palm download and save it locally then HotSync it. It's nice to have an alternative if one method does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by jt2229
    Ok - Got my 650 - Love it
    Took them about 8 hours to provision it - the usual Sprint nightmare.
    However, any of you folks have any idea why when I try to download the client sw from the phone for Biz Connection Personal Edition it would stop the download and hang at 857.4k of 892.4k? I've tried about 20 times. Also, is there a way I can get the file bizconnpe.prc to load another way?
    Thanks for your help.
    It does download fast and it stops right at the same point. Very strange. Also, I just tried the download from my BCPE account. Put the bizconnpe.prc in the Palmone Quick Install - says ready for Hotsync - did the hotsync - nothing - just the old Get Biz Conn icon on the phone. This is pretty crazy tonight - maybe just need to go to bed and try again in the am. Any other thoughts? Thanks for the help by the way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast