Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    the range on all of these things is about 30 feet max... right? when would you be in the store and leave it in the car... even a quick trip into 7-11 is farther than that...

do these BT headsets vibrate or ring when the phone does...?

sorry to be a cynic... when is the bt800 due?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    do these BT headsets vibrate or ring when the phone does...?
    I cannot comment on what is suppose to happen, however, neither the Jabra BT250 nor the Motorola HS620 rings or vibrates when the phone does.

I have to answer the phone USING the phone ("Accept call"), and if the headset is in range, it will "answer to headset".

This is unfortunate, and I'm hoping is a deficiency in the headsets but I'm not so sure anymore.

-jd
    How is the quality of your bt250? When I get more than 4 to 5 feet away, it starts to have popping sounds during the call. If I donít move at all, it is ok. I donít know if something can be interfering with it.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    How is the quality of your bt250? When I get more than 4 to 5 feet away, it starts to have popping sounds during the call. If I donít move at all, it is ok. I donít know if something can be interfering with it.
    I found the quality of the BT250 to be terrible, reminiscent of 900MHz cordless phones.

The Motorola HS820 performs better, but it seems any time I don't have line-of-sight (ie, in backpack, pocket) it goes crackly as well.

In my opinion, the Moto performs better than the Jabra.

-jd
    I just took back my Motorola HS 810 becouse the people on the other end said it sounded like I was talking through a tin can. In that case, I could just as well use the speaker phone.

doogles, how do people say you sound with the 820? If that one sounds good on the other end, I will go back to Best Buy and get it. They have $20 off on it right now, so it's cheeper then the 810.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    Followup:

The Motorola certainly behaves better. When I answer an incoming call, it cuts through to the headset. When I make an outgoing call, it cuts through to the headset. This requires no interaction from me.

However:

This is not enough. I do not want to be tethered to the phone. Therefore, I want:
    * Some indication on the headset that the phone is ringing.
    * The ability to answer the phone from the headset, without interacting with the phone.
    * The ability to use the Treo-bundled voice dialing software with the headset.

As I have had no exposure to other platform's Bluetooth implementations (Treo 650 is my first) I'm unsure if my desires are unreasonable, if Bluetooth 1.1 simply doesn't support what I want, or if it's just the Treo 650 implementation of Bluetooth 1.1 that is lacking.

If anyone has some real insight, please do share.

-jd
    My Audiovox SMT 5600 and Moto HS810 do all of the above, so it's not the headset...I *THINK* the 5600 is BT 1.1 (I maybe wrong), so it's not a BT issue, either.

My ringtone comes through my headset (even my custom MP3 rings I am playing off the miniSD card), can answer using the multifunction button, and can voice dial using this button.

Works perfectly.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmustaf
    My Audiovox SMT 5600 and Moto HS810 do all of the above, so it's not the headset...I *THINK* the 5600 is BT 1.1 (I maybe wrong), so it's not a BT issue, either.

My ringtone comes through my headset (even my custom MP3 rings I am playing off the miniSD card), can answer using the multifunction button, and can voice dial using this button.

Works perfectly.
    So, in summary:
    * It's not the headset(s)
    * It's not BT 1.1
    * It's the Treo 650

This is a letdown.

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by bmustaf
    can voice dial using this button.

Works perfectly.

You can voice dial using a Bluetooth headset? I have not heard of anyone getting this to work. Several threads have said they have had no luck. What software are you using? How did you set it up???? We need to know!!!

Here is a link to an artical at infosyncworld that says it doesn't work with Palm one's software.

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5550.html
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    You can voice dial using a Bluetooth headset? I have not heard of anyone getting this to work. Several threads have said they have had no luck. What software are you using? How did you set it up???? We need to know!!!

Here is a link to an artical at infosyncworld that says it doesn't work with Palm one's software.

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5550.html

At one point I thought the vioce dial was working through BT, but it turns out the mic was just picking it up.
    Does anybody have any sound issues with the Motorla Hs810? I turn the volume all the way up on the phone and on the headset and still can barely hear who I'm talking to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn
    Does anybody have any sound issues with the Motorla Hs810? I turn the volume all the way up on the phone and on the headset and still can barely hear who I'm talking to.
    Yes - I have the same problem. That's why I bought the Jabra bt 250. Just tested it for the tenth time, though, and nothing but static if I'm more than 2 ft. away from the phone. That is ridiculous. Time to take the Jabra back. I'll stick with the HS810 and see if I can still find a better headset. I did some searching last night and the fact is that reviews are all over the place with headsets. I'll just have to try until I find one that works to my satisfaction...
    Did anyone try the G2 yet? The one that TC is giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    I just took back my Motorola HS 810 becouse the people on the other end said it sounded like I was talking through a tin can. In that case, I could just as well use the speaker phone.
    NO. I read a review on the 810 or the 820 and they said that the sound quality lacked "bass". Just like you said "a tin can." But all in all it is a good headset.

They rated the Jabra 250 very high in another review. This review did not include the Motorola.

Nothings going to be perfect. No matter what you choose. There are other manufactures as well that were rated very high.
    I tried the BT250 and the HS 820. The Motorola definitely sounds clearer, but the volume is very low (even with the phone's volume all the way up). I wish there was another solution to try.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    At this point I'm not as concerned with perfect sound quality, as long a I can have the phone a reasonable distance from the headset, ie 5ft away, or at least in my pocket.

My Epox HS-02 headset works about 30ft from my computer when used with voip, and I was completely happy with it, until I tried it on the Treo 650. I don't know a lot about bluetooth, but I'm starting to think that the 650's bluetooth radio is too weak to be useful. What else might account for the fact that my headset works well with other configurations?

Has anyone found a headset that will work with the 650 with a decent distance range, tinny or not?

Frank
    I purchased the Jabra 250 and here's what I have found... please tell me if anyone else agrees. I paired it using the handsfree profile (pressing talk button and volume up per the instructions)

1 - Static if you get too far away from the phone
    2 - DOES ring in hedset but takes a ring until that happens.
    3 - The talk button functions ARE NOT working as described. The following are problems (big ones too):

A) Press for 2 seconds when not in a call to redial - works sometimes, other times works but hear no volumbe in Jabra yet according to phone headset should be working

B) Press 2 secondws during call to put caller on hold - Does not work at all does nothing. However if you put the caller on hold on the phone, this WILL take the caller OFF hold.

C) Press for 2 seconds when new call call waiting comes in. This HANGS UP on the first caller.. it does NOT flip to the new call.

Anyone else having these problems? Between the not able to get call waiting and the static I am going to have to return it...

It seems Motorolla is the best bet according to people here.

Can anyone else verify those problems listed?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I just received my G2; it doesnít have popping sounds like the Habra BT250. I am comparing the two devices sitting right next to a 54G wireless router, so the G2 works better in interference. I am going to test them in my car next.
    Here is what I found.
    Jabra and Wi-Fi don't live each other. At the house with my wireless internet (Wi-Fi 802.11b), the Jabra would not work well unless it was a foot from my ear. However, in the car, with no Wi-Fi interferace, it workd pretty darn good.

I had no handsfree profile useability untill I taught the jabra to the Treo in that conf. If you do the normal teaching, hold power on Jarbra for 8 seconds till LED solid, you just get a wireless jabra. If you hold the power button AND the volume up for 8 seconds, and then teach it to the treo, you then get the features of the handsfree profile.

When in the setup, on the treo, you can tell the Jabra to work right away, or wait for 1-2 rings before it starts to take over.

Hope this helps, matt
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    I purchased the Jabra 250 and here's what I have found... please tell me if anyone else agrees. I paired it using the handsfree profile (pressing talk button and volume up per the instructions)

1 - Static if you get too far away from the phone
    2 - DOES ring in hedset but takes a ring until that happens.
    3 - The talk button functions ARE NOT working as described. The following are problems (big ones too):

A) Press for 2 seconds when not in a call to redial - works sometimes, other times works but hear no volumbe in Jabra yet according to phone headset should be working

B) Press 2 secondws during call to put caller on hold - Does not work at all does nothing. However if you put the caller on hold on the phone, this WILL take the caller OFF hold.

C) Press for 2 seconds when new call call waiting comes in. This HANGS UP on the first caller.. it does NOT flip to the new call.

Anyone else having these problems? Between the not able to get call waiting and the static I am going to have to return it...

It seems Motorolla is the best bet according to people here.

Can anyone else verify those problems listed?

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike, yes I can verify at least point "A". I posted to another thread, http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...867#post472867. The only thing I'll add now is that the combination seemed to do better when I initiated the phone call while holding the 650 near the Jabra 250 and then lying it down or putting it in my coat pocket.

Using the Jabra 250 in "hands-free" profile mode, I also can successfully initiate a redial(after suffering through a high pitch tone/squeak) but I get no audio.
    --
    jt
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i have not been able to answer a call on my Jabra at all. anyone having any luck with this non functioning chrysalis or what?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast