1.    #1  
    Does anyone know the new Treo 650 used the same serial cable as the old treo 600? I was thinking convert to work with Verizon.

Thanks,
    Nope. The 650 has a new connector. But my gosh man, why would you want to use a Serial cable????
    As modem connection for WirelessModem?
    Why not use the BT connection now?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by drknucklehead
    Nope. The 650 has a new connector. But my gosh man, why would you want to use a Serial cable????
    I think ONLY serial cable will work with the program that I am using to convert the Sprint Treo to work with Verizon.
    Bummer. Sorry dude.
  7.    #7  
    Where can I buy the Serial cable for the Treo 650?
  8.    #8  
    Why is this guy say it work with both 600/650?

http://www.amco-cellular.com/02-0403-00.html
    Quote Originally Posted by justin801
    Why is this guy say it work with both 600/650?

http://www.amco-cellular.com/02-0403-00.html
    B/c he has no idea what he is talking about? he is probly going on the info T|C once had that said the 650 would have the same connector.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Unless they have a universal cable. The 600 and 650 have different I/O connectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    B/c he has no idea what he is talking about? he is probly going on the info T|C once had that said the 650 would have the same connector.

Timmay
    Hi,

Yes, I am an *****. Before I saw the post by Mines about the connector I trusted this vendors site. I just emailed them that they need to take off that it works for the 650.

Tuc
    Quote Originally Posted by justin801
    Where can I buy the Serial cable for the Treo 650?
    Are you using it on nshahzad's stolen phone?
    ~'kito
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drknucklehead
    But my gosh man, why would you want to use a Serial cable????
    Because I'm trying to sync to my Sun Ultra60 workstation that has Serial as its only option....
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I was able to successfully perform a HotSync operation of my Treo650 to my Solaris Ultra60 workstation via /usr/dt/bin/sdtpdasync using this cable: PLPT5-M9-6.

For use on my PC it did initiate a HotSync, but got hung up on one of the conduits. But I only need this for my UNIX box so I didn't spend much effort to debug that.

ERic
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    FYI: The PalmOne store now offers a serial cable adaptor for a Treo600 serial cable to Treo650 handheld @ $29.99.

ERic