1.    #1  
    I'm getting VZW 600 on Monday. What are things I should watch for? I've heard about billing nightmares, continous connections, echo while talking, etc. Anything would be appreciated.
    definitely be watchful of the data plan nightmare. If you are going to use any of the internet features the unlimited plan will end up being the way to go. . . too many horror stories of HUGE bills on the first month's usage.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I use a VZW 600. I have had no problems with data bill nightmares.. just remember to turn off the data connection manually everytime you are done.
    The phone itself sounds and functions quite well. Ive never had an echo. I did have 1 screen failure, but VZW had a new 1 in my hands in 24 hrs.
    A few notes: 2 data plans. $25 for 5MB, $45 for unlimited
    You can use minutes but as mentioned you have to make sure to turn it off. You have to go to prefs -. network -> disconnect. Some apps like Web (Blazer) have disconnect. If you stay on then calls go to voicemail and you get billed. VZW doesn't really want you to use minutes for data so you'll need to do a lot of talkign to customer service. 5MB is probably ok if you're only going to check an email a day but if you start any web surfing, getting weather, etc it adds up quick.

VZW Treo doesn't come with VersaMail (Palm mail app) If you on a PC you have to use Wireless Sync Mail(?). If you're not on a PC then you're stuck and have to buy a mail program such as Snapper. (Even if you're on a PC you may prefer that)
    From what I understand the VZW mail app causes the phone to check msgs constantly and is one of the reasons peopel have calls goign to voicemail and racking up minutes.

Note that text messaging (SMS) and picture messaging (MMS) is NOT included, even in the Unlimited Data plan. You can email text and pictures but if you need to send text and pictures from your phone to another phone you'll be charged. $ .10 for output text ( $ .02 for input) and $ .25 for pictures (in/out) You'll want to get one of their packages if you plan to do much of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    I use a VZW 600. I have had no problems with data bill nightmares.. just remember to turn off the data connection manually everytime you are done.
    The phone itself sounds and functions quite well. Ive never had an echo. I did have 1 screen failure, but VZW had a new 1 in my hands in 24 hrs.
    I just had a huge bill, after sending only a few picture messages. I never knew it even used a data network to do it. Are you saying, if I send a picture message, wait for it to show up as "sent" and then manually go through preferences and shut off the network? I can deal with a dollar or so to send the few pix I do.... but my bill was $850!!!!
    Whats up every1....im a PDA addict and just exchanged my tmobile sidekick 2 for the treo 600. I would like to know the web sites that i can go to access the many 3rd party apps. Know about any problems that may occur for new users ect....anything you guys could tell me about the treo and the tmobile billing/data plans would be good...thanks