Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I checked the inventory systems yesterday at Best Buy, and still no ETA. The original instock date for the Cingular version was 11-14-04. Nothing yet as of yesterday. One thing I did find odd, and this was with no rebates, but was priced at $749.99
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang
    I checked the inventory systems yesterday at Best Buy, and still no ETA. The original instock date for the Cingular version was 11-14-04. Nothing yet as of yesterday. One thing I did find odd, and this was with no rebates, but was priced at $749.99
    All, its already been published...by P1, that it would be "available" sometime in their Q3. P1's Q3 ends in Feb 2005.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Then my guess is sometime in Dec i'll see an update to the inventory list telling when its instock date is. I'll keep an eye out though.
  4. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    @WHMURRAY: The Nokia 6620 Smartphone is an EDGE handset. Both AT&T and Cinglular both sell/sold it.

If your phone is "edge compatible" you will use EDGE no matter what data plan you have (at least that is the case on my Nokia 6620 with AT&T). I had started out with the lowest mMode data package on my 6620 and was getting EDGE speed transfers. You don't pay EXTRA for EDGE, EDGE is strictly phone dependent as long as you are in an EDGE area (which for AT&T, from what I was told is/was like 98% of their network). I would assume that would apply to Cingular now as well. I don't think they can provision or unprovision EDGE an a per account basis and it's definately NOT turned on or off based on your data plan. If you have an EDGE capable phone you have EDGE data (as long as you have any data plan). Once again, I am on AT&T but I believe Cingular is the same.
    This makes a lot of sense. Does anyone know what markets EDGE is presently available through AT&T? I live in the NYC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    This makes a lot of sense. Does anyone know what markets EDGE is presently available through AT&T? I live in the NYC area.
    http://www.cingular.com/download/GPR...rage_10_28.pdf
    EDGE is available in the following areas (refer to map for detailed coverage information):
    footer
    Alabama
    California
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia: North, Central, Southern
    Idaho: Coeur d' Alene
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Nevada: Las Vegas, Reno
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey: Southern
    Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    Tennessee: except Knoxville, Eastern
    Texas: Austin, Houston, San Antonio Virginia
    Washington
    Washington D.C.
    Wisconsin
    Since the merger the entire state of NJ and all of NYC are covered (at least for us under Cingular BLUE (AT&T)). The list below is only the Cingular side. The rest of NJ and all of NY are covered by AT&T. AT&T gets use of Cingular (started about 2 months ago) towers but whether Cingular gets use of AT&T towers yet I'm not 100% sure. If they don't now they will in the next couple weeks or months.

I recently switched from a non-edge Windows smartphone to an Nokia edge phone and my download speeds have increased 10x in northern NJ and NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    http://www.cingular.com/download/GPR...rage_10_28.pdf
    EDGE is available in the following areas (refer to map for detailed coverage information):
    footer
    Alabama
    California
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia: North, Central, Southern
    Idaho: Coeur d' Alene
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Nevada: Las Vegas, Reno
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey: Southern
    Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    Tennessee: except Knoxville, Eastern
    Texas: Austin, Houston, San Antonio Virginia
    Washington
    Washington D.C.
    Wisconsin
    FWIW. According to an informed sounding in-store sales rep who aswered my question without hesitation, cingular's treo 650 will be available Jan 15.
    great, just in time for ME TO DIE
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Anyone think they will have the new rom update?
    No I don't think there will be any ROM update by then. This date sounds more like what I expected, I doubt we will see any in user hands until early February. I'd like earlier but this is what I'm expecting.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I'm trying a temporary trip to the dark side. I went to the local Sprint store today and they had just gotten 8 in. I got one and got a plan without a year commitment. I'll test this for the next two weeks, and if everything looks good use it until the GSM version is available. I'll give a review compared to using the GSM 600 in a few days.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You missed EDGE coverage in Colorado...thanks!
    Does anyone remember how long the GSM version of the Treo 600 lagged behind the Sprint CDMA version? What is 2, 4 or 6 weeks? The CDMA verison has only been out 2+ weeks.
    The cdma 600 appeared in early October. The cingular gsm started to show up in a few places in early November with better availability in early December.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezpuff
    i think we will end up cingular treo 650's. the attws store site redirects us to cingular store shops
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmphoto
    FWIW. According to an informed sounding in-store sales rep who aswered my question without hesitation, cingular's treo 650 will be available Jan 15.
    It's posted that Cingular will release Dec 16, I don't know how true that is.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ht=GSM+Release
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234