Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    This thread is taking a different direction than where it started, but since the topic seems to be roaming on Cingular....I have a Nokia 6340i that I used prior to getting my T600 and it is a GAIT phone. It does talk on GSM/TDMA/AMPS network being GAIT phone and the only notification you can see regarding roaming is that you see "Cingular Extended" instead of "Cingular" on the phone. I keep this phone in my computer bag as a backup to my Treo when I travel in case I am in an area where there is not GSM signal. I just pop in my SIM card from my Treo and can at least have voice communications.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Oh, and to get back on track with this thread, I talked with our company's corporate Cingular rep the 650s are not supposed to show up in their lineup until after New Years, still no definite date yet.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Hi, gacajun

Since you're up in NE GA, I'm wondering how your Cingular coverage is up there in the GA mountains. Verizon (which I currently have) is great for rural coverage around the Clayton area, but I really want the Treo 650 without having to wait until Verizon carries it next decade...

Mark
    For what it's worth, a Cingular CS rep quoted me prices for the GSM T650:

$449 for 2 year contract
    $499 for 1 year contract
    $599 for no contract.

She transfered me to the Sales Department to place an order but they would not take accept the order or quote prices.

Looks like CS got some advance notice????
    Dennis G. Esler
    And release dates?!?!?!
    They didn't have a clue!
    Dennis G. Esler
    Is the $20 MediaWorks unlimited data still out there?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Is the $20 MediaWorks unlimited data still out there?
    Yeah, it's great. I am using it on my T600! I just signed up for it this week.
    The guys at Vienna Channels are still saying January for the GSM model.
    How long is MediaWorks $20 good? I have heard end of Nov and end of year under current program.
    I was at a Cingular Wireless store last week asking about it and was told it's available until the end of this year.
    I'm not too optimistic about 650/Cingular. They only get about 30Kbit/sec on a T600 while Sprint/T600 gets 60K-100Kbits/sec. Why get such a high end phone that will have very slow browsing?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Why get such a high end phone that will have very slow browsing?
    Because the 650 is EDGE capable (80-120Kbit/sec) which is availible in my market/area.
    Ah, yeah that makes a difference if 650 will have EDGE. How much is EDGE/month? Sprint is $15/month for up to 100Kbits/sec.
    Before the ATTW/Cingular merger, AT&T had a $25 unlimited data plan that included EDGE. Not sure what it will turn into once the merger process is complete.
    According to Cingular's site, it's $80/month for unlimited...

http://onlinestoreb.cingular.com/web...e&subOrderId=1

I see $23/month for ATT but it doesn't state it is EDGE. And then for $80/month it specifies EDGE.

Looks like Sprint has the EDGE for now. :-)

Looking forward to EVDO. It is available in my market from Verizon. Gets about 300-500Kbits/sec but data cards for laptops only, no phones yet. Sprint will have EVDO next quarter in my market.
    I heard that AT&T had an $80 EDGE plan, but then dropped the price to $25. Perhaps I was misinformed.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    According to Cingular's site, it's $80/month for unlimited...

I see $23/month for ATT but it doesn't state it is EDGE. And then for $80/month it specifies EDGE.

Looks like Sprint has the EDGE for now. :-)
    I am currently using my SE EDGE enabled PC Card w/ Cingular's service on the $20 MEdia Works package.

I'm enjoying the 80-120Kbit/sec right now thankyouverymuch.
    Edge is included in Cingular's MEdia works $20, have that confirmed already. $80.00 is for data only using their laptop data package, always been that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    The guys at Vienna Channels are still saying January for the GSM model.
    SV says February. I think that SV is an optimist.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast