Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just ordered my Treo 650 today and should get it soon. I currently have backupbuddy 2.0 running every time I HotSync my Treo 600. So does anyone have any experience re whether this will transfer all my data and programs from my Treo 600 to my Treo 650 when I first setup the Treo 650? What is the best recommended way to implement the transition from the Treo 600 to the Treo 650, presumptively using backupbuddy 2.0?

Thank you.
  2.    #2  
    There has been a lot of recent thread discussion re transferring data/apps from the 600 to the 650. I am thus *bumping* this issue for consideration in that context.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i too need to know this. i just got my freakin 650! the memory issue is ok with me. by the time i get thousands of contacts ill be on the treo 700 and i have a 1GB 40 X card and Power Run anyway. bottom line is i need to know the best way to bring in all my contacts into the 650. everything else i can fresh install. oh and my computer had to get reformatted so i dont have my sync on the computer anymore only on SD card backup buddy file!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Has anyone used and tested a backup application with there new toy? I have tried backupman and it doesnt fly.

thanks!
    I'm having same problem. I have a 128MB SD card, but Backupman says there is not enough room for a backup. I'm using PowerGUARD (freeware) and manually saving important files on SD card for now. With PowerGUARD, you can schedule auto backups but you have to specify files individually.
    I'm sure they will update BackupMan
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coelacanth
    I'm having same problem. I have a 128MB SD card, but Backupman says there is not enough room for a backup. I'm using PowerGUARD (freeware) and manually saving important files on SD card for now. With PowerGUARD, you can schedule auto backups but you have to specify files individually.
    PowerGUARD is similar then to Botzam Backup. I always had to specify what files to backup etc. Backupman I loved cus if you ever had to do a full restore it put you back the same way you had it, settings and all. Backupman now goes to about 10 % for me but errors on a certain file as if its in use or cannot be accessed. So I keep looking. Hate going around with no backup
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    I'm sure they will update BackupMan
    Im sure. Either way I dropped them a message. Hope to hear back soon on this.
    I use BackupMan v 1.45 and it works flawlessly. I've done scheduled back ups, manual backups and restores, both individual files and full.

FWIW.

-Jesse
    The only issue I had when I tried BackupBuddy was that it did what it was supposed to do on normal backup and restore, i.e.: if you are simply doing backup and restore with your device, it works fine but if you needed to upgrade say from a Treo 270 to Treo 600, it restored everything including programs that are known to be incompatible.

I had to weed out the incompatible applications from the good ones and eventually had to use the standard hotsync application from Palm (although even that did not completely clean up the problems.)

I am wondering if the migration from Treo 600 to Treo 650 device would have similar issue.
    could you email me backupman 1.45? The newer version doesn't work.

thanks
    dutchtrumpet@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    could you email me backupman 1.45? The newer version doesn't work.

thanks
    dutchtrumpet@yahoo.com
    Done.
    Thanks! Just tried tealbackup and it seems to work.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    what do u think would happen if i tried a full restore from backupman. i have version 1.45 with my treo 600 backuped...
    I highly recommend against just transferring everything over from the 600 (or any other palm device for that matter) to the 650.
    It's never been a recommended course of action when moving to a new device.
    Did the older version work?
    < merged >
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    hehe yeah as it turns out i dont even need half the crap i used to have on treo. i started a thread with compatible/incompatible apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Thanks! Just tried tealbackup and it seems to work.
    Careful, TealBackup does not do scheduled backups after a reset until you launch the app again. There is a beta 1.06 on their web but it still has this problem (just tried it). I emailed them about this weeks ago...
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    FYI about BackupMan...
    The Tungsten T5 and Treo 650 contain new technology never before seen on PalmOS handhelds and as such they also contain new problems and bugs which have also never been seen before. We are at confident that palmOne will have resolutions to these problems as soon as possible. We will post links to these solutions on this page as soon as they become available.
    http://www.bitsnbolts.com/tungsten_t5.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast