1.    #1  
    Well I got my Treo 650 a hour ago, recharged it, upgraded to the new sync software, noticed that it moved some apps deemed no longer compatible to the appropriate folder, I begin the sync process, hit reset when complete and now it's stuck in this endless reset loop that I am unable to break out of. I am unable to perform a soft or hard reset.

Any decent thoughts or suggestions? In the meantime, I'll try pulling the battery and see if that allows the device to reset.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    You have a bad application. You will need to do a hard reset and manually install applications one at a time. Are you sure your doing a hard reset??? If so I dont think the loop would still be there.
  3.    #3  
    Duh... It is ignoring my attempts to perform a soft or hard reset. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.
    Did pulling the battery work?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Man that sucks.. Seems like a dead duck.. To back you cant just walk into a sprint store yet and get it swapped. Good luck
  6.    #6  
    I've had it pulled for about 10 minutes so far. Not sure how long I should keep it pulled before putting it back in. Guess I'll wait for 30 mintues unless someone else knows how long the battery should stay out before it is reset.
    I had the same thing when I did a simple restore from my 600. I pulled the battery, did a hard reset and freshly installed all my apps. Bummer, but it works now.
    I thought I couldn't hard reset mine too when I needed too. Make sure you're following the instructions exactly...

press and hold power(red end)button

while holding power press and RELEASE reset next to battery

continue holding power through white palmone screen and release after grey screen with circular logo appears.

I wasn't releasing the reset immediately and I was freaking out. Hope that helps!
    How are you doing a hard reset? You need to pull the battery, reinstall it, and hold the 'red' phone key down until the PALM logo is displayed. Release the red phone button and hit up on the five-way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    I had the same thing when I did a simple restore from my 600. I pulled the battery, did a hard reset and freshly installed all my apps. Bummer, but it works now.
    I'm interested to know how you pulled the battery from your sealed 600? I thought that was a feature new to the 650...
  11.    #11  
    Thanks dutchtrumpet, after trying it a few times as you suggested I was able to get it to hard reset.
    Try a clean or new uesr profile, then add youu App one at a time.
    Glad to hear it! This is a pain. I went too fast with my old apps.
    JBoogie,

I had the same thing happen. I got the hard reset to work, after I figured out I was not holding he red power button long enough. I am not sure which application caused my problem, but I intend on finding out and posting a warning this weekend.

I think there needs to be a sticky thread about applications that will cause problems like this for the 650. You know STAY AWAY FROM xxx. Don't Load it.

I'm out in Bay Point in the East Bay .. where are you?
    jamesalexander (at) compuserve.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnbene
    I think there needs to be a sticky thread about applications that will cause problems like this for the 650. You know STAY AWAY FROM xxx. Don't Load it.
    Here is the Treo 650 software compatibility list that was posted in another thread.....

http://www.palmfocus.com/treo650software.asp

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I usually treat upgrading handhelds like moving homes... dump everything I'm not really using. My guess it that prime culprits would be previous handspring files. A pretty safe way I have found to upgrade is to disable (not uninstall) all apps on the existing device. Do a backup with BackupMan, CardBackup (your choice of software, those work best for me) of your existing RAM to the card, then restore to new device... but individual files only, omiting things that appear as preference items (connection, network, handspring "HS" files, etc). My upgrade from 600 to 650 was pretty smooth with the exeption of having to disable and reenable a few apps (Butler, TreoGuard, TreoTweaks). Good luck to all.
    I had the samething happened to me this afternoon, but it wasn't because of software incompatibility issue. Rather when my old number porting was complete, somehow the phone went into the endless loop of resets. I had to hard reset and restore from the computer.

The lesson learned: If you are porting the number from your old phone, don't bother setting up your 650 until the porting is complete. My wireless access is all screwed up now. I'll probably spend another half day with the Sprint tech to get that resolved. Can't wait to get everything setup.