1.    #1  
    I for one am at a total loss here. Unless my 650 is defective (doubt it because other posters are having same issues) this device is a total loss to me. Yes the bluetooth is nice and now I can finally use my GPS and headset with it but what good is that if the basic features don't work?
    I cannot get the email working. Versamail is simply useless on the 650. It crashes the 650 EVERY time.
    Not only that but the speed of the 650 is dissapointing as well. When you hit the phone button there is at least a 1 second pause before anything comes up. The camera is nice and works as promised but what's the point in having the frills if you can't get business done.
    Memory has been a huge complaint even before this thing was released. I didn't care too much about that since I negotiated that problem on the 600. Not so with the 650. The memory concern is definitly valid. Even a normal Palm user can easily fill the memory.
    Bluetooth hotsyncing is nice. But again, what is the point if 50% of hotsyncs crash your device? The crashes I have experienced are not due to one piece of 3rd party software either. They have all happened at random times in the hotsync process.
    Other crashes have plagued my day as well. Butler K launch has crashed my unit several times. I could only get the v5 of Zlauncher to work with out crashes.
    I will be sending mine back to Sprint and waiting for the GSM and hopefull ALL of these problems to be addressed.
    After reading everything last night and this morning I sold my new Treo 650 and made $100. I am tired of this stuff not working, i330, treo 600 (works okay) and now the 650. More importantly is sucks up WAY to much time. Yesterday I got "O" work done.

SS
    Quote Originally Posted by batoje
    The crashes I have experienced are not due to one piece of 3rd party software either. They have all happened at random times in the hotsync process.
    Other crashes have plagued my day as well. Butler K launch has crashed my unit several times. I could only get the v5 of Zlauncher to work with out crashes.
    HUH? I don't understand: at one point you're saying that resets are occuring randomly during process like hotsync and not due to 3rd party apps and then other times you're saying that apps like butler are causing reset?! Which one is it? Please list all the 3rd party apps installed, reset error reports, hotsync error reports so other users can help you. More likely than not, you have a 3rd party app installed that has a corrupted DB which is causing your Treo to reset during hotsync process. That has happenned to me as well on my Treo 600 fyi...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/19/2004 at 06:37 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'm not sure why your disappointed. The random crashes you have seem to be caused by incompatability of 3rd party Apps. Did you try a clean install whereas you created a new username. ButlerK and Zlauncher aren't because of the device, ot usually caused by 3rd party programmers who don't implement properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by drknucklehead
    I'm not sure why your disappointed. The random crashes you have seem to be caused by incompatability of 3rd party Apps. Did you try a clean install whereas you created a new username. ButlerK and Zlauncher aren't because of the device, ot usually caused by 3rd party programmers who don't implement properly.
    Exactly! Did you follow the upgrade tutorial for Treo 650's posted on PalmOne's support page for 3rd party apps?

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(14403)

Re-install third-party applications

Because you renamed your old device's Backup folder, none of the applications in it were transferred to your new Treo 650 smartphone. At this point, you can begin installing these applications. Note: Some applications may not be compatible with your Treo 650. We recommend installing your applications one at a time, and then launching the application on your handheld, to make sure it doesn't cause freezes, errors or other issues. Here's how to do that.

Locate the BackupOld folder you renamed in the section above. Open this folder.
    Note which third-party applications are in this folder.
    At this point, it's probably a good idea to check for updates: go to the third-party website from which you originally obtained the application, and see if a more recent version is available. Follow the installation instructions on the third-party site.
    If you have the latest version of everything, or prefer not to take this extra step to ensure compatibility, proceed below.
    Double-click on a single file in the BackupOld folder.
    The Install Tool window will open. Select your Treo 650 username from the list, if requested.
    Close the Install Tool.
    Perform a HotSync operation to move the application to your Treo 650 smartphone.
    On your Treo 650, launch the new application and use it for a bit.
    Does the new application cause problems? It is probably incompatible with your new Treo 650 smartphone. Delete the application from your device. If you want to keep using this application, check with the third-party application's developer or vendor to see if an updated version, compatible with Treo 650, is available.
    Are you asked for a registration code? If you need help retrieving registration codes², please contact the third-party developer, who will usually email the code to you.
    Can't install? Missing data? Some third-party applications require a special installer wrapped in an "executable" file. Simply installing the application on your device using the Install Tool may not be enough. If an application claims to be missing data or behaves strangely when you try to install, go back to the application's developer or vendor and download the complete installation package.
    Does the new application seem to work fine? Proceed below. Keep in mind, software incompatibilities may take strange forms. If, in the future, problems arise, follow our steps for diagnosing third-party compatibility issues.
    Continue with the next item in the BackupOld folder (double-click it, go through the Install Tool, synchronize, and use the application on your handheld).
    Proceed until you've gone through all applications in the BackupOld folder.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions