Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those who have received their 650s: How long did it take for provisioning to complete? It's been two hours and still nothing. I don't recall it taking this long when I activated my 300 and 600.

Nick
    Try sending an email or SMS to your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by baguion
    For those who have received their 650s: How long did it take for provisioning to complete? It's been two hours and still nothing. I don't recall it taking this long when I activated my 300 and 600.

Nick
    I have the same problem. They now say it will take 6 hours for the phone provisioning. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

BTW, if you turn on your old phone, you'll find that you can still make calls, but you won't be able to receive any calls. The technican said it was fine to use the old phone and that once provisioning completes, the old phone will stop working and the new one will be activated.

Nate
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Try sending an email or SMS to your phone.
    But won't that go to my 600? It is still active until my 650 completes provisioning.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    I have the same problem. They now say it will take 6 hours for the phone provisioning. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

BTW, if you turn on your old phone, you'll find that you can still make calls, but you won't be able to receive any calls. The technican said it was fine to use the old phone and that once provisioning completes, the old phone will stop working and the new one will be activated.

Nate
    hmmm....I can still make and receive calls on my old phone (600).
    question...is your msid number the same as your cell number?
    I think it took about 3-4 hours for mine to finish provisioning.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    hmmm....I can still make and receive calls on my old phone (600).

One very important step to provisioning to a new phone is to have the old phone completely off network... in other words shut off.

It confuses the computer because it's trying to contact its unit and until it's completely rolled over it will try and contact the old (existing) unit.

I'm surprised the Sprint rep didn't tell you this (well, maybe not so much)
    should i call it in to provision or use *2? I am moving from 600 to 650
    mhorts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    yes.. and this is the area where Sprint reps usually fail when first provisioning Vision phones
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    The MSID is the same as my cell.
  12.    #12  
    The old phone was off and I knew to keep it off because of provisioning previous phones. BTW, the intellectually challenged Sprint rep said it didn't matter that I had my old phone on OR off....go figure.
    My Treo 650 is finally activated on the network. It took a little over 3 hours.

Nate
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    My Treo 650 is finally activated on the network. It took a little over 3 hours.

Nate
    Nate, Did you Hotsync before trying to provision?
    Mine provisioned literally 5 minutes after I got off the phone with Sprint PCS. Keep the old phone off as someone said earlier. It's also important not to play with the phone at all until it provisions apparently.

------
    Posted with my 650. woohoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by cortjestir
    Mine provisioned literally 5 minutes after I got off the phone with Sprint PCS. Keep the old phone off as someone said earlier. It's also important not to play with the phone at all until it provisions apparently.

------
    Posted with my 650. woohoo!
    Mine too -- just 5 - 10 minutes after the Sprint call.
    Nate, Did you Hotsync before trying to provision?
    Yes, I hotsynced before. I don't think it matters since the radio settings are not affected by the hot syncing.

Nate
    going on 3 hrs...
    I was not able to "provision" automatically. I called Sprint and the tech walked me through a manual process of editing my username/password and the master password as well. It worked immediately.
    how long did you wait before you called the tech?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast