Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by cortjestir
    Mine provisioned literally 5 minutes after I got off the phone with Sprint PCS. Keep the old phone off as someone said earlier. It's also important not to play with the phone at all until it provisions apparently.

------
    Posted with my 650. woohoo!
    It's just so hard not to play with it while it is supposedly waiting for provisioning.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    I was not able to "provision" automatically. I called Sprint and the tech walked me through a manual process of editing my username/password and the master password as well. It worked immediately.
    I just called a sprint tech and he did some checking and then told me to wait an additional 2 hours. How do you get them to do a manual walk through??
    Don't know if this adds much to the discourse, but I just got off the phone with Sprint, and they told me that it would be 8 hours of provisioning time. He added that they were going through a Sprint-wide "Network Upgrade" which accounts for the additional time.

Same instructions - don't touch the phone...etc.

Question - if I can't touch the phone, how will I know it's provisioned?

Cheers!
    LZ

That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by LZMutant
    Don't know if this adds much to the discourse, but I just got off the phone with Sprint, and they told me that it would be 8 hours of provisioning time. He added that they were going through a Sprint-wide "Network Upgrade" which accounts for the additional time.

Same instructions - don't touch the phone...etc.

Cheers!
    LZ

One way to check is in the initial screen (where you can see the dial pad), click the menu button (top button right of the nav-pad), go to options, scroll to phone info and click. If the PCS Vision username has your username than it is provisioned, if not you're still in wait mode like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by baguion
    One way to check is in the initial screen (where you can see the dial pad), click the menu button (top button right of the nav-pad), go to options, scroll to phone info and click. If the PCS Vision username has your username than it is provisioned, if not you're still in wait mode like me.
    LOL! But I have to touch the phone!

Will do - thanks baguion!

LZ
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Quote Originally Posted by LZMutant

Cheers!
    LZ

If you leave the phone on you can call your number from a landline phone. If it rings you have voice at least if it goes straight to VM you have to wait or somethings wrong.
    I guess I was lucky with timing when I provisioned mine. I was sitting by the 650 after I called SPCS. The screen came on and asked if I wanted to set up Vision. I clicked OK and it took care of the rest.

I know it's tough to wait until the phone provisions to play around, but I figure we've been waiting this long, another few hours won't hurt!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12