1.    #1  
    They took this option out and replaced it with "Company, Lastname"... Would it have been so hard to have three options? When your used to having it sorted a certian way, its really annoying... Can anyone think of a work around?

2.    #2  
    bump

Use a 3rd party contact manager.

You might have to wait a bit for some of those guys to update their apps for the 650 tho.
    Both BeyondContacts and KeySuite supposedly work with T650 and T5. Dataviz and Chpaura both say so on their sites
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  5.    #5  
    can people recommend some that they like? Will they come up automatically when ur looking for a number to dial?

I thought I remembered Joe at the roadshow typing in the first letter of a first name then a couple letters of the last name and it went right to the contact?
    The 650, just like the 600, will search on first names. Type 'R' and it will show all contacts whose first OR last names start with that letter. continue typing 'obert' and it will list everyone with a first name of Robert, or a last name of Roberts.

Not quite the same as Sorting by first name, but probably close enough.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.