Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried their 650 with a bluetooth GPS receiver> From other threads, it appears there are compatibility issues with Bluetooth in cars and I am concerned it might have something to do with the possible lack of a serial profile on the 650. Has anyone gotten a GPS receiver working?
    yes. I have a EMTAC bluetooth GPS and it works fine.
  3.    #3  
    Which navigation software are you running? Will it run off the card? I know that Mapopolis is still working on running maps off the card but it is still in beta testing.
    Mapopolis has released version 2.2 which supports running the Maps off the SD card.

The Treo 650 seems to have a problem with the display with version 2.2. The menu buttons on the bottom are emply and their contents are located in very small type in the left-middle of the screen.

I have alerted Mapopolis support about this issue.
    I'm using GPS compass. I'm going to try PathAway later today
    Quote Originally Posted by roblog
    Mapopolis has released version 2.2 which supports running the Maps off the SD card.

The Treo 650 seems to have a problem with the display with version 2.2. The menu buttons on the bottom are emply and their contents are located in very small type in the left-middle of the screen.

I have alerted Mapopolis support about this issue.
    Thanks, saved me the trouble of contacting them too about this issue. Other than that, works flawlessly. I am using the Haicom serial mouse with the $50 BT Cube adapter. Works like a dream.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    hmmm got my Treo 650 ...im looking for a "working" BT GPS receiver/software as well. That's almost my main reason of upgrading beside the higher res. Has anyone tried the Belkin BT receiver ?
    Im trying to find one too, Their are some on ebay, but i dont know which one will work the best.
    Isn't the Belkin BT GPS receiver only for pocket pc os?? Looking at CNET it appears that it's the best BT GPS receiver out there. Is there a similar quality Palm os compatible device???
  10. RH1
    I would check the palm bluetooth gps.
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So far ive seen EMTAC as the best BT receiver...and previously someone said that it works. The software sold with palmone GPS is TomTom ...so i guess Tomtom works w/ Treo 650, though i dont see the software sold separately ?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhongZ
    So far ive seen EMTAC as the best BT receiver...and previously someone said that it works. The software sold with palmone GPS is TomTom ...so i guess Tomtom works w/ Treo 650, though i dont see the software sold separately ?

TomTom Navigator is sold currently only with a bluetooth gps for the T3. A software only version is in the works.

The "wired" version is for the Tungsten C and T3 and comes with a wired GPS mouse.

In theory, TomTom only lists compatibility with current shipping devices.

A software only version will be available soon. It will work with any GPS, wired or bluetooth.

If you shop around you will find many GPS devices that are compatible with the Treo.

If you read in www.GPSPassion.com the Fortuna clip on is very well reviewed. The Belkin is the same identical hardware. I am looking at the Holux GR-231 that is bluetooth and has an optional cable for use with the T600. Look at the FAQ at www.semsons.com you will see that they like the iTrek Mouse GPS better for the T600 because of the cable.

http://www.semsons.com/

http://64.60.113.123/Semsons/BTGPS.pdf

http://64.60.113.123/Semsons/MouseGPS.pdf
    I stopped by a friend's house yesterday and was able to connect to his EMTAC unit as well. The 650 detected it just fine, and Mapopolis v5.2 (from my Treo 300) worked as well.
    Mapopolis has fixed the display issue. It looks beautiful now and works wonderfully as well. This app combined with my Haicom GPS solution is a wonderful match.
    Can mapopolis work directly with your contacts? Can I select a name from my phone's address book and have it link it with mapopolis?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Hi, Bob,

The other way around. You can use Mapopolis to search for contacts in your phone's address book and plot the location on the map. If you add Agendus Pro, they allow you to open Mapopolis from a contact's screen, go to the location, and then return to Agendus.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC
    Mapopolis has fixed the display issue. It looks beautiful now and works wonderfully as well. This app combined with my Haicom GPS solution is a wonderful match.
    What was done to to fix the display problems with Mapopolis?
    What is the most affordable/best way to get this done? I would like a reliable bluetooth gps and good software? Any ideas of what works well together? Anyone have a holder that suctions onto the windshield?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan
    What was done to to fix the display problems with Mapopolis?
    They gave me a new prc to install.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    I stopped by a friend's house yesterday and was able to connect to his EMTAC unit as well. The 650 detected it just fine, and Mapopolis v5.2 (from my Treo 300) worked as well.
    Do you know if EMTAC Navigator Software will work ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast