Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC
    They gave me a new prc to install.
    What is the version of the new .prc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhongZ
    Do you know if EMTAC Navigator Software will work ?
    No idea, just tested with Mapopolis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan
    What is the version of the new .prc ?

It's the same version number, probably just recompiled with the new code changes. You'll need to contact support@mapopolis.com to get it.

-Jesse
    I'm using Garmin iQue 3600 now with an external Gilsson amplified antenna; usually I get an average accuracy of 13 feet. I'm very interested in the Treo 650 + Bluetooth GPS setup as I'd like to get rid of my cell phone and only carry one gadget with me. Can you guys check the accuracy of your EMTAC/Haicom/Belkin BT GPS module and share with us here? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by usereins
    I'm using Garmin iQue 3600 now with an external Gilsson amplified antenna; usually I get an average accuracy of 13 feet. I'm very interested in the Treo 650 + Bluetooth GPS setup as I'd like to get rid of my cell phone and only carry one gadget with me. Can you guys check the accuracy of your EMTAC/Haicom/Belkin BT GPS module and share with us here? Thanks!
    One note... Treo650 + Bluetooth GPS = 2 Gadgets + 2 Power Adapters
    (Some Bluetooth GPS adapters may also power the PDA)
    Cell Phone + iQue 3600 = 2 Gadgets + 2 Power Adapters

Not really an improvement.

If you sync to outlook then you can sync multiple devices to the same database. Withthe ique plus treo, first install it's version of the palm desktop for the Treo, the install the ique version over it. Then install the pocket mirror or your choice of outlook hotsync conduits. Make sure that each device has a different hot sync name. If using pocket mirror, make sure that the pocket mirror folder has an entry for each device's hot sync name. Now, when you hot sync, outlook will keep each device properly sync'd for address, contact, notes/memos, and todo list. You will then use palm desktop to control the ique.

The bluetooth GPS solution consolidates into one device, but the screen size and the map size will be smaller on the Treo.
    Yeah, still 2 gadgets, but then the BT GPS module I can leave in the car, only bringing the Treo with me when I'm at the office. Right now my cell phone + Garmin take up a lot of space in my pocket, even though the T610 is pretty small.

Another thing I'm thinking about is perhaps in the near future some company (Garmin?) will come to their senses and bring a traffic update service to the Palm platform in the States, much like TomTom Traffic (for Europe only) or Pharos Smart Navigator (for US, but only on Pocket PC). Here in California traffic has become so bad that I'm sure it's not only me who's looking to save some time getting stuck in the miles-long parking lots.
    What about the Seidio G2500 (currently only for Treo 600, 650 version to come in December): http://www.seidio.com/company/Product/Navigation.htm

This product appears ideal in that you can put your 650 in the cradle and have GPS, charging and a speakerphone all in one. Any thoughts? Anybody have experience with this product on the 600?
    Anyone know of good gps software for tracking things like distance, vertical, speed and those kinds of things? Basically I want functionality like the Forerunner http://www.garmin.com/products/forerunner201/. All of the palm apps I can find are either street navigators or limited topo map.

Heck, while I am at it I want a bluetooth heart rate monitor as well .

thanks,

d
    Quote Originally Posted by reesd
    Anyone know of good gps software for tracking things like distance, vertical, speed and those kinds of things? Basically I want functionality like the Forerunner http://www.garmin.com/products/forerunner201/. All of the palm apps I can find are either street navigators or limited topo map.

Heck, while I am at it I want a bluetooth heart rate monitor as well .

thanks,

d
    ActiveECG works with many Palm devices that support serial hot sync. I personally have not gotten it to work with a Treo 600, but others have. It does not work over bluetooth.

You may also want to check out Outdoor navigator.

http://www.maptech.com/products/outd....cfm?infopg=df

It may provide some of the functionality for gps you are looking for.
    I have a Treo 650 and a EMTAC BTGPS unit. I've installed the Emtac mapping software as well as their little diag utility to test connectivity to the EMTAC unit onto my Treo.

I can't see to get it to work though. WHen it makes the BT connection the EMTAC shows it's connected by blinking once every 2 seconds, and the mapping software and GPS util program work just fine...for about 5 seconds and then the connection drops and the BTGPS starts doing it's 1 blink per second thing and I get GPS not found errors on the Treo. If I close out and re-open - it connects back up for 5-10 seconds and then drops again.

I've tried with the device as a trust BT device and without, I've installed the Bluetooth Carkit library upgrade from Palmone in hopes that it would help things to go. All to no avail. It consistantly fails. I don't have another unit readily available to try it on - next week I'll have access to a BT enabled WINCE unit and will try installing the GPS util that Emtac provides and see if that connection is stable.

Anyone else have any problems like this?

The Emtac mapping software does seem to work just fine for those 5 second bursts btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by beefcake79
    I have a Treo 650 and a EMTAC BTGPS unit. I've installed the Emtac mapping software as well as their little diag utility to test connectivity to the EMTAC unit onto my Treo.

I can't see to get it to work though. WHen it makes the BT connection the EMTAC shows it's connected by blinking once every 2 seconds, and the mapping software and GPS util program work just fine...for about 5 seconds and then the connection drops and the BTGPS starts doing it's 1 blink per second thing and I get GPS not found errors on the Treo. If I close out and re-open - it connects back up for 5-10 seconds and then drops again.
    ---

Anyone else have any problems like this?

The Emtac mapping software does seem to work just fine for those 5 second bursts btw.

I see this thread is almost a year old, but yes, I have this exact same problem. Done the latest rom+fw upgrade on the Treo, but still no go. Have you / anyone else solved this?
    - Wouter
    Same problem.
    I have a socket bluetooth gps, and it works very well on my Tungsten E2, but not on my Treo. The connection drops of after some seconds.
    Anyone have solution for this?
    Same problem here, as well. Can't drive for two minutes without "No GPS signal, please check connections." I don't know if the EMTAC (S3 bluetooth) or the Treo 650 is to blame, but I'm frustrated as all get-out with the overall package.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12