Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    with all due respect, there are plenty of people in que to take your spot. the way to get attention is in 25 days when all these units start getting returned if they've not yet fixed the problem.

also, what do you guys with 10,000 contacts do for a living. I guess my question is, is there a real problem (right now) if I only have 1 - 2k contacts ?
    True, its all a matter of how many old customer they lose vs. how many new customers they gain.

What do you guys who have 2000 contacts do for a living? I'll be fine with my 40 or so.
    well, eventhough I sent them a message to cancel my order Friday night, they just sent me a shipment notice ... (I guess that's one way to get to the front of the line- I ordered Thursday night)
    i wouldnt cancel, imho. to see is to believe. dont just listen to what people say on the boards. you have to try it out first. 650 >>>>> 600! definately an upgrade.
    sprint also has that 14day return policy i believe?
    Quote Originally Posted by GADzilla
    Well they yanked it for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a fix, but I just don't see this as the tragedy that it's being made out to be. Yea, it sucks, but it's not a dealbreaker, is it? I have yet to see a post explaining exactly how much less useable memory is there now. How dramatic is it?
    C'mon, how bad can it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    with all due respect, there are plenty of people in que to take your spot. the way to get attention is in 25 days when all these units start getting returned if they've not yet fixed the problem.

also, what do you guys with 10,000 contacts do for a living. I guess my question is, is there a real problem (right now) if I only have 1 - 2k contacts ?
    As I understand it, even if you only have 2k contacts, you may have a problem. However, there is still the issue of other applications. One should be able to port one's 600 image to a legitimate successor without having to do wierd things.
    My guess is most of us use an expansion card, so i don't think it's that big a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeshur
    My guess is most of us use an expansion card, so i don't think it's that big a deal.
    Perhaps. I hope you find a solution for yourself. I admit that there are applications and environments that do not require much memory. I have applications that will not run on a 600, much less on a 650. I have applications, e.g., Mapopolis, that will not run from the SD card.
    Those of use moving from a non-converged device (which now usually has 32+MB of memory) would be severely limited with the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by darino
    I cancelled mine. It's the only way to send a signal to P1.
    Sweet. And I just got the shipped message. Thank you Darino!
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggleBush
    Snowracer, Where did you order your bluespoon digital from and what did it cost???
    I looked around and didn't seem to find a reliable source for it.
    Also did you look at the new analog bluespoon??? what did you think???

If any of the rest of you haven't read the red mercury article, do so its very informative.
    Giggle,

I ordered it from bluespoon digital, for $269.00 plus shipping. The US distributor, listed on the next link website, told me to forget about the analog. The digital format and noise canceling function were far superior.

Bluespoon digital

Nextlink
    Jeff
    Well I just got mine and it *SUCKS*! The screen's beautiful, the new apps look nice, the camera is much better and when I try to transfer my data from my Treo 600, which has 8MB free (I had to do it in chunks to get this figure), with the new filesystem, I'll need more than 34MB's to store my data! My contacts DB went from 145KB to 894KB! One of my other databases went from 433KB to 3.6MB!!!!! I'm sending the whole box of crap back. I cannot believe Palm thought they could get away with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    Well I just got mine and it *SUCKS*! The screen's beautiful, the new apps look nice, the camera is much better and when I try to transfer my data from my Treo 600, which has 8MB free (I had to do it in chunks to get this figure), with the new filesystem, I'll need more than 34MB's to store my data! My contacts DB went from 145KB to 894KB! One of my other databases went from 433KB to 3.6MB!!!!! I'm sending the whole box of crap back. I cannot believe Palm thought they could get away with this.
    Very scary. I am reluctant to try to sync. I do not want to screw up my 600.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456