1.    #1  
    Here's something I thought of just now-

The first Treo 650 was delivered from Sprint just as the roadshow was ending. Do you think PalmOne purposely delayed the release? Think about it. You don't want Treo fanatics whining about the memory issue in your brand new product at a public venue when you're trying to impress corporate decision makers.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Well at the Roadshow I was at, LOTS of people in the audiance were concerned about the memory, and one Vendor was telling customers how silly it was that more memory was not included....Right after his app crashed due to insuffienent memory!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Well at the Roadshow I was at, LOTS of people in the audiance were concerned about the memory, and one Vendor was telling customers how silly it was that more memory was not included....Right after his app crashed due to insuffienent memory!
    Interesting. Now imagine how much worse it would be if you had 20 650 users from TC whining about it in front of IT managers and corporate executives. Actually, conspiracy theory aside, from a business point of view, delaying the phone shipments until the roadshows were over would be the prudent thing to do. Now, let's just hope they get the patch out in a hurry.