Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Hi all,

I expect you've seen the sticky note started by Silverado, on how he uses ZLauncher to run most of his apps from a 1Gig SDcard. This seems to effectively be a pretty damn substantial memory upgrade solution for your T650!!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62952

But if you still extremely upset about this, don't just vent your spleen on this forum!
    P1 may care a bit, but you guys are correctly seen as the 'geeks/hard core enthusiasts'. A niche, not the broad market.
    If you want to see P1 react, start forwarding comments to the more mainstream websites and media; you know them - ZDnet, CNet, Brighthand, Geek, BargainPDA etc etc. If they get sniff of it, and there is a weight of consumer interest, this story will blow up and the press certainly will be less polite than Miradu!

THEN, and only then, will P1 change from mild concern to action!!!

The solution could be firmware, or even bundling ZLauncher or hardware or some sort of discount on SDcards or who knows what? But it will be something!!

Cheers,
    James
    I've read FlyZip is currently not stable on 650.
    Has anybody tried lightNzip?
    Guess those softs won't be totally efficient until a T5/Treo 650 version is complying to the new "cluster" size, but if it can help spare some memory...
    persecution complexes not needed here....the memory debacle is bad enough with invoking politics.
    and...

JFCOAC!

Did they fix the Blazer bugs in the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    persecution complexes not needed here....the memory debacle is bad enough with invoking politics.
    Mike are you using a 600 or 650 to enter these posts?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99
    This is not a political forum.
    True, but there's no need for personal attacks or insults either.

Just a reminder to everyone to play nice.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    If you want to see P1 react, start forwarding comments to the more mainstream websites and media; you know them - ZDnet, CNet, Brighthand, Geek, BargainPDA etc etc. If they get sniff of it, and there is a weight of consumer interest, this story will blow up and the press certainly will be less polite than Miradu!
    ......................................................................................

If P1 does not address this issue properly, than this is great solution.All the T650 users should post a review regarding this major flaw and make T650 look 5.5 or 6 on various sites you mentioned ,compared to 8.6 (T600 on Cnet).
    This will hurt them most and make them respect the geeky early adopter community.
    All posting not related to the topic has been removed, one more political posting, this thread will be closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I think a lot of the mainstream sites - including Mossberg - read TreoCentral forums.

They'll pick up on this soon, IMHO, unless PalmOne proactively makes whatever that mainstream media would say "old news" by saying something like "We're working on it" (thus causing the editors of the mainstream media to quash the commentary...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Mike are you using a 600 or 650 to enter these posts?
    600...can't you tell by the Blazer errors?

Hope they are fixed in the 650.
    I have a suggestion. Rather than all of us get into a name calling scene, which by the way I think P1 deserves, why not have one voice take the message to P1 and report back the results of the meeting, and I don't mean "We're working on it". We deserve to know a solution and a time frame for the implementation of that solution, if it can't be fixed we need to know that as well.

I would like to nominate "treocentral.com" management to be our represenatives in dealing with P1 on this memory issue.

This wonderful board has been Home for all Treos' and I cannot think of any other meduim that can carry our message and concern better.

Any opinions???
    I'm assuming nothing has been heard about this since?

Has anyone emailed Peter recently?
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman

Has anyone emailed Peter recently?
    NOTHING!!!!!

I'm afraid people would rather complain than do something constructive, oh well, I am awaiting a Sprint "Return Bubble Pack"
    After thinking about it awhile (albeit fairly minimally!) I would bet that PalmOne is seriously caught between a hard place and a rock.

(1) HARDPLACE: They know bad PRPRPR $is$ $coming$.

(2) ROCK: They can't say "We goofed".

(1), of course, is fairly obvious but (2) could be because they still have a whole lot of selling to do to other carriers (like ALL of them) and cannot jeopardize those potential sales by admitting their wonderous new device needs some fixing - especially after the Epidemic Failure (*) Disaster Known As Treo 600.

So...

I expect a PRPRPR-$counterstrike$ $outta$ $PalmOne$!

== "Hey! Things aren't that bad - see the typical user's use?"

And...

I think it's going to fail miserably and enrage many a user AND article-writer!

Let's see how this one plays out!

Now THAT'S entertainment!

=======

(*) "epidemic failure" is PalmOne's words, not mine! Sounds pretty horrendously horrible, eh? Sorta...you know...diseased? Bet their Marketing guys had NOTHING to do with the use of THAT phrasing! HA HA HA!
    Im HIGHLY doubt that we will hear anything.

This reminds me of USAir circa 1999. Same "hide from your problems" routine.

Look how that turned out.
    Yup yup yup.
    Im HIGHLY doubt that we will hear anything.

This reminds me of USAir circa 1999. Same "hide from your problems" routine.

let's see....the treo 650 has been on the street for....seven days....yeah, it's all over. they've buried the problem, we'll never hear another thing about it. i mean, good god, it's been a WHOLE WEEK and we don't have our new treo 650 rev B units in hand yet!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    let's see....the treo 650 has been on the street for....seven days....yeah, it's all over. they've buried the problem, we'll never hear another thing about it. i mean, good god, it's been a WHOLE WEEK and we don't have our new treo 650 rev B units in hand yet!
    How much time do they need to acknowledge a problem? 2 weeks 3 weeks 4 weeks!!

Why? the problem exsists, everyone knows it. Just an acknowledgement and that they are working on a solution of some sort would go a long way. Their silence concerns me
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    It doesnt matter how long it's been out, that wasn't my point.

Based on past experiance, it is my opinion (all $0.02 of it) that PalmOne will actively ignore this issue.