1.    #1  
    1) A Memo pad type app that takes a scratch memo in 'digital ink.' The simpler the better. I don't need the memo to be recognized - just something to jot down a quick note or number with the stylus.

2) An alarm app. Butler (v 2.2) seems broken, and the included World Clock alarm is not all that great.

YoungTurk
    '04 Range Rover Black/Sand
    12" PowerBook G4
    Sprint Treo 650
    DiddleBug, BugMe, etc available for download (trials at least)
    Or try Sketcher. Its free at freewarepalm.com
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Bob's Alarm is AWESOME and cheap
    Make that three apps: a viable PDF reader. This might just be the push that sends me to the dark side... I've got to be able to read PDFs while on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    Make that three apps: a viable PDF reader. This might just be the push that sends me to the dark side... I've got to be able to read PDFs while on the road.
    This is a big issue for me also, and just seems ridiculous that this isn't available.
    I agree on the PDF thing.

The two alternatives are RepliGo and Adobe's PDF2HTML or PDF2TXT. RepliGo is sort of like Acrobat but makes smaller files and has a fully functional client on Palm OS/PocketPC/Symbian/etc. Only problem is that it doesn't do PDF natively, but it is a sort of substitute.

If you need to handle PDFs, Adobe has a web form/e-mail address where you can submit a URL for a PDF or an e-mail attached PDF and it will return the PDF text contents as HTML or text. This is useful just for reading the contents, and will not give you any layout/graphics.

Here is the URL, just bookmark this in Blazer and you'll always be prepared to read PDFs.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba..._adv_form.html
    Last edited by klam; 11/24/2004 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by carter437
    This is a big issue for me also, and just seems ridiculous that this isn't available.
    maybe i'm confused on the concept. on the install/software disk for my treo 650 was an installer for the Adobe Reader for PalmOS.

does this have some deficiency i'm not aware of? i've haven't downloaded any pdf's yet, but the Reader fires up on my 650 and looks like it'll work fine.

what am i missing?
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    the adobe Palm reader does not not read pdf's. they must be converted on the desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    the adobe Palm reader does not not read pdf's. they must be converted on the desktop.
    ah. okay. that is indeed suckage.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    1) diddlebug

2) Megaclock!

Regarding pdf's, yes there is no native full pdf support on palmone devies. There is Piscel viewer that supports native pdf on SOny Clies and DTG7 which only supports native text based pdf's... Otherwise you have to use a desktop conduit to convert pdfs to view on your Treo. The best on imo is Repligo 2.0.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions