1.    #1  
    I have a Verizon Treo 600 and for some reason I randomly notice the words "Roaming" when a call comes in. I've tried this by calling myself, I will see "roaming" when the call is ringing. I'll hang up and call back one minute later standing in the same spot and it doesn't say it again. I'm definitely not roaming, I'm in my office building in Boston.

What be up?
    -Adam
    You are off the Verizon Network and on another (CDMA?) network. The alert comes from the second network. Since you are registered on that network but not a subscriber, there may be a roaming fee for any calls you receive or make on that network. They want you to be aware of that. You may notice that you get a second alert for an incoming call and that you must hit a second key in addition to the green key to complete the call.

Whether there is a fee or not is a function of their agreement with your carrier and your carriers agreement with you.
  3.    #3  
    Your explanation makes sense but I'm thinking there's something wrong. I don't move and one minute it says "roaming" and the next i call myself right back and it says nothing. And like I said, I'm in downtown Boston, there's no way I'm roaming!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    Your explanation makes sense but I'm thinking there's something wrong. I don't move and one minute it says "roaming" and the next i call myself right back and it says nothing. And like I said, I'm in downtown Boston, there's no way I'm roaming!
    Perhaps. You can check to see what network you are on (but I do not know how to tell you to do it on a CDMA phone. (On my GSM phone, the name of the network displays on the upper left of the Phone Pad screen.) What kind of signal strength indication do you have? You may be in a spot where the signal strength on two networks is marginal and the phone does the best it can.
  5.    #5  
    I have a full signal. It's interesting, I've been playing around with some ringer utils, CallFilter, Lightwav, Ringo, mp3ringer, Phone Technican -- and I think it only happens when one of those is enabled. But it's not just one of them, I've seen it happening when the ringer for Technican was enabled and Lightwav.