Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone using Act for Palm OS or Act Link with their Treo 650? Any Issues? I really like having access to all my contacts!

I never upgraded Act after Version 6, just didn't seem to be any real reason to do so.

Take care,
    Rocket
    Anyone using the 650 with the built-in ACT->Palm conduit yet? Im not referring to the bloated freestanding ACT! for Palm software, just the conduit.

This is mission-critical for me-- gotta make sure thats compatible before I take the plunge. Thanks
    Yes, That is very important to me also.

ACT always takes so long for any worthwhile updates that this could be a upgrade killer for me.

If anyone knows please let us know!
    Actually, I'd be very interested to know about the Act! for PalmOS on the 650 as well as the conduit. I would very much like to have both working. I use Act-POS extensively for work and history/notes tracking is critical, but I'd like to have the phone numbers synced to the contacs DB so caller ID would work too.

Hmmm, w/ about 5000 contacts (so far) will memory run out?
  5.    #5  
    I have about 3000 contacts on my old Treo 300, takes about 700k memory. So even 5000 shouldn't take over 1meg.

Too bad Agendus can only accept comma-delimited. I hate having to do field mapping....
    bump
  7.    #7  
    Bump, indeed.

Surprising that we aren't getting any actual results fro real users yet. Hmm. Seems like I'll have to be the "point of the spear" here when I get the phone later today.

Re: Agendus: the website says existing ACT data can be sync'ed with agenda via the "appropriate conduit:"

# Automatically synchronizes with Outlook, Act!, Palm desktop, and Agendus for Windows Desktop (when used with appropriate conduit)
    # Underlying data remains intact
    # Should you remove Agendus (Why would you ever want to do that?) all data will remain in your standard Address Book, Date Book, and To Do list

Intersting....anyone try it yet?

I'm also looking for a way to view my Corporate Lotus Notes Email from the Palm. I don't know if I really want to merge this with my personal email from Comcast, I really try to keep work and play separate.
    Rocket- if you wouldnt mind, PM me with results when you fall on your spear. If you have upgraded to ACT 2005, you are probably already fully impaled from what I've read...

Thx
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Agendus Pro plus SmartList to Go...great combo for sales guys.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    OK, ACT and the new 650 do not get along. If you have ACT6.0, you can synch, but you cannot add to-do's or meetings from your phone. With Act 7.0, you do not have biderctional synch (yet) software is forthcoming ... eh he, eh he.

I am not happy. I hope they fix the palm application to work with act 6.0 but I am not thinking it's likely. Damn!
    But the desktop->handheld synch works OK? For me personally, thats all I need.

I wouldnt hold your breath on a fix for ACT 6.0. The new 7.0 is an absolute mess from what I've, and from the testing I did of the demo.

Have you tried Intellisync?

I am actually hoping to find a 3rd party app that sends ACT info to the Palm desktop instead of a direct conduit to the handheld (I wont bore you w. my reasons, but that would have advantages for me)
  12.    #12  
    No Phone Today. Palm says :it's on our Fedex truck here, but hasn't left the building yet......yeeeeeaaaah, roight....

Fedex can't "see" the shipment yet, either altho I do have tracking number. Perhaps we should call this behavior "Sleight-of-Palm?"

Act Bashing will have to wait until tomorrow.
    Yea - It *seems* to be running okay....
  14. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colorchange
    OK, ACT and the new 650 do not get along. If you have ACT6.0, you can synch, but you cannot add to-do's or meetings from your phone. With Act 7.0, you do not have biderctional synch (yet) software is forthcoming ... eh he, eh he.

I am not happy. I hope they fix the palm application to work with act 6.0 but I am not thinking it's likely. Damn!
    This is a big deal for me too. I am disappointed to hear that you can't add to do's or meetings. Can you add Notes?

According to the Act! web site the Act for Palm for Act! 2005 will, when it is released be only one-way. Did I read it wrong?

A friend gave me an extra Act 2005 he had, but I have been afraid to load it since they have completly changed it from the other versions.
    Before you jump in with ACT '05, go dig around at

http://webx.act.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by colorchange

Please explain "not get along"...does the Act! for PalmOS not run or is it buggy or what? I have it running along fine on the 650 emulator, but don't have a 650 yet.
    Roux, I think that was in reference to the Palm sync conduit, not the standalone Act for Palm.
    I am testing ACT7 at present and it's so so so slow. Although I did sync 15,000 contacts to my Treo (3 hours)
    Well, that's good. If I had to do without Act/palm I would have to back out of getting a treo!

Anyone managed to actually talk with anyone at Act about the reality of an updated Act for PalmOS? I never get a response from their "Contact" page.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbob
    I am testing ACT7 at present and it's so so so slow. Although I did sync 15,000 contacts to my Treo (3 hours)
    Ooof! How is your memory usage? I assume this is a 650?
    Of course, if you want slow - I am currently plodding along with 5000 contacts on my rusty old Vx, sync only via IR (Xp Pro/USB->serial doesn't work).
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast