Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    BTW, to fix the phone button re-assign problem try "PhoneView" from Thacker Network at Treotools.com

It took care of that problem for me...
    This is fun- trying to get act set up on my bosses 650...I have a question- why use act instead of outlook? To me they pretty much look like they do the same thing- am I missing something here? Is there a way to view all the info on Outlook like Act? Act works great on his 600- but he just needed the 650..lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by azmike
    This is fun- trying to get act set up on my bosses 650...I have a question- why use act instead of outlook? To me they pretty much look like they do the same thing- am I missing something here? Is there a way to view all the info on Outlook like Act? Act works great on his 600- but he just needed the 650..lol.
    Boss is paying, have him pay for companionlink pro and he can have Act and Outlook both syncing to his 650. Just be prepared to fight the inaccurate field mapping and set the Act database to back up at least once a day if he syncs often because at some point you *will* need to restore to wipe out dupes.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    I have been writing to a Senior Sales Engineer at Act Corporate Sales CRM Division of best Software, Inc.
    I have thought it important to address small simple issues and not innendate with every problem or wish under the sun.
    So I have been asking for 5 way function, and an email hot button for Act for Palm on the Treo 600.
    He actually wrote me in August and indicated that the Treo 600 "might be in the scope". Not much os a direct answer, but at least an answer from a company that is supposed to be in the contact management business and they have nothing that really and truely is designed for todays smartphone which is what "all" the road warriors are using.
    I would suggest that we ALL email him from our Treos.
    I would suggest a unified plea for at least Act 6.0 with both Act for Palm and Act Link functioning with both the Treo 600 & 650.
    It seems that Act 2005 is so screwed up that the timing makes no sense interms of the urgency we have to get at least a working version on the 650.
    Send Emails to: Clifford Roberts... address is clifford.roberts@act.com
    Curt
    I just sent this email.:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hello Sir!!

I am writing you as a long-term (since DOS) Act! User. I simply cannot live without your product.

That being said, I am seeking to upgrade to the new Treo 650 phone. I have done an amazing amount of research on the net and have come to the conclusion that Act for Palm OS is NOT supported on the Treo 650.

1. Clifford, can you tell me if that is correct?
    2. Can you tell me if there is a patch I am unaware of and how to get it?
    3. Can you tell me when I can expect this to be fixed from my mission critical software provider? Most sales bots (as I am one of them) use the Treo and Act is a fav app for us all.

Thanks, in advance for your prompt reply.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    I also sent an email to Joshua.

It doesn't look like many others are joining in to help.

Curt
    I just sent both Clifford and Joshua emails per below:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hello Sir!!

I am writing you as a long-term (since DOS) Act! User. I simply cannot live without your product.

That being said, I am seeking to upgrade to the new Treo 650 phone. I have done an amazing amount of research on the net and have come to the conclusion that Act for Palm OS is NOT supported on the Treo 650.

Clifford, can you tell me if that is correct?
    Can you tell me if there is a patch I am unaware of and how to get it?
    Can you tell me when I can expect this to be fixed from my mission critical software provider? Most sales bots (as I am one of them) use the Treo and Act is a fav app for us all.

Should you need to reach me immediately, send me an Instant Text Message at 6178345034@vtext.com with your name and call back number.

- Terrence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Terrence Boylan, SCP
    Sniffer Certified Professional

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...
    Hello all. Below is the email thread which I sent on Saturday and received on Monday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Good morning, I just got in to the office to day and read your email.

it is correct the Treo 650 is not supported because it has a new palm Operating system on it version 5.4 this means the Tungsten T5 is not supported also.

act for palm os for act 6.0 will not have any updated coming out because it's at the end of it's life cycle and we are currently working on act 7.0 products. We are in the process of testing the treo 650 to come out with a supported version of act link and act for palm os for act 7.0 but we don't have an ETA at this time, how ever the treo 600 is supported and will work great.

if your an act 6.0 user I have seen act link 2.0 with on the treo 650 but it's hasn't been tested by BestSoftware and not supported if you have issues with it. act link for act 7.0 doesn't work at this time on the treo 650.

Joshua Tijerina
    ACT! PDA Product Lead
    Customer Support Analyst
    ACT! Service & Support
    BestSoftware Small Business Division
    Visit www.Bestsoftware.com for more information about our company and products

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:54 PM
    To: Joshua.Tijerina@bestsoftware.com
    Subject: Act for Palm OS on Treo 650 help

Hello Sir!!

Joshua, can you tell me if that is correct?
    Can you tell me if there is a patch I am unaware of and how to get it?
    Can you tell me when I can expect this to be fixed from my mission critical software provider? Most sales bots (as I am one of them) use the Treo and Act is a fav app for us all.

Ok, I just spent about 1 hour and 50 minutes reading EIGHT pages of posts on Act! and the Palm Treo 650... Whew!

Three of us in our office(commercial real estate) have all purchased the new Verizon Treo 650 with hopes that we could synch to our Act! 2005(Ver 7.0) db. From all that I have read it sounds as though the 650 does not have:
    1) A "Act Link for Palm OS"
    2) Act for Palm OS software

NOT GOOD! But, I have researched a little on Agendus and Companion Link. Anyone care to comment on which is better?

Also, I noticed that on the Act User Group they have an announcment
    May 5, 2005

Dear ACT!® Customers:

I am writing to provide another progress report on our ACT! 2005 product update plan, which we announced in September 2004. Update #4 will be released in four weeks. The update will provide improvements in report features; the speed of database open, displaying groups and companies detail views; and further enhancements to the two-way PDA links, including support for the Tungsten T5 and Treo 650 devices by Palm®.

ACT! 2005 users will receive a pop-up notification when the update becomes available. If you have disabled the notification feature, we recommend that you enable this notification through the Startup tab in ACT! preferences. Users need to have Internet access in order to receive this notification. Anyone who does not have Internet access can contact customer service at 1-877-386-8083 for more information about product updates.

Everyday more customers are experiencing significant productivity improvements with ACT! 2005. Read about some of these most recent success stories.

We are committed to delivering the world’s best contact and customer management solution and will continue enhancing ACT! to meet evolving customer requirements. We appreciate your feedback and have established the Feature Request page for you to register new feature requests.

Thank you for your continued support of ACT!.

Sincerely,

Joe Bergera
    General Manager, ACT!
    So, it looks like the work of individuals like you all MIGHT have payed off IF they can actually deliver a working interface between the Treo 650 and Act! 2005. To you and everyone that has participated in this thread I want to say "thank you"! But with Best Software I'm not going to hold my breath!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678