Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    Agendus Pro plus SmartList to Go...great combo for sales guys.
    Could you explain how SmartList to Go can work with Agendus, or have you developed your own database for certain pieces of information.
    Thanks.
    3x5cards, 2cans, string->Pilot->Palm V-> Palm Vx-> Sony SJ30(a weak moment on ebay)->TungstenT-> Treo600-> Treo650-> Treo700p-> Treo755p
    When you try to add a new anything (to do , meeting, note, etc. ) the whole phone instantly reboots. Even from the menu, same reboot. Ughhh!

The system will synch quite quickly to your desktop, you just can't originate anything from the phone. Calls do work from act but it takes over some of the buttons again like the early 600 version did.

How else should I try to synch two way?
  3. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbob
    I am testing ACT7 at present and it's so so so slow. Although I did sync 15,000 contacts to my Treo (3 hours)
    Do you mean to say that you can run Act for Palm on the 650 and it will hold 15,000 contacts? Does Act for Palm show all the contact info including notes, activities, contact info, etc. like the full PC product? If so, that would be great. Do you keep the contacts and/or AFP on the 650 or do you have them on a SD card? Other threads have mentioned that some programs will only run if theya are on the phone itself.

This is a BIG deal for me. My main reason for getting the 650 is for the Act application.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markatdvcrc
    Could you explain how SmartList to Go can work with Agendus, or have you developed your own database for certain pieces of information.
    Thanks.
    Yes, I have developed my own databases thru Smartlist to manage my transactions. Agendus won't exactly "integrate with Smartlist", however Agendus has many features that allow a user to stay on top of their contacts with Outlook or Agendus Windows. Some of Agendus' great features are:
    1. Ability to log item upon completion.
    2. Contact history--very important.
    3.Email integration with Snapper,Iambic MAil, etc.
    4. Contact attendee options.
    5. Advanced To Do's
    6. Memos
    6. Advanced Call reminder.
    I use Smartlist to create databases of leads, sales, inventory, etc(I sell real estate). There are features in Smartlist that allow you to create alarms within a field that integrate with palm's alarm system. Smartlist also allows you to inport/export data with Excel/Access. Then you can edit spreadsheets with whatever spreadsheet viewrer you choose(I use Docs to Go v7).
    There are guys in my field that use Top Producer and like it very much, but its close to $700. Agendus, Snapper, Docs and Smartlist will set you back about $125. You can pm me with any other questions.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbob
    I am testing ACT7 at present and it's so so so slow. Although I did sync 15,000 contacts to my Treo (3 hours)
    Man, ACT 7 is a turd. How well did subsequent synch's go?
    I am currently using Act for palm on my 650 with no problems. I chose to buy the act for palm because :
    it's cheap $30-$40
    it allows me to use act for business with up to 60 fields of info
    I can still use my outlook as my personal calendar an database(which I sync together with my wife so we know our calendars but she isn't overwhelmed with my business calendar an contacts)
    I can call directly from act for palm

in my opinion, why compromise the full functionality of tour device over a meer $30 or $40 bucks?
    Braincell: WHAT?

You claim you are using act for palm with full synch and the ability to create to do's or anything else?

I flat out don't believe you! Which version of act for palm are you using?

I have removed act all together and am using intelisynch. It appears to work but is real slow to synch.
    Colorchange-- keep in mind there are two totally distinct products: the Act to Palm conduit, which dumps Act data into the Palm built in Address/Calender/To-Do apps, and the freestanding ACT! for Palm, which runs as a standalone product on the Palm OS. Sounds to me like Braincell is using the latter.

I tested ACT for Palm a long time ago on my m505, and it ran like molasses! For my use, I cant see bothering with it when I do buy a Treo, but it might be worth testing given the faster processor.

Regarding Intellisynch-- can you be more specific on the synch time? Ballpark-- how many minutes for how many contacts? Thanks
  9.    #29  
    Ok loaded Act 6 on another machine and set up sync, so I could install all the palm and ACT software cleanly. All 3000 contacts are in ACT 6 on the new machine. (Loaded Palm software from the Sprint disk, as well as a bunch of the other apps. )

Loaded Act Link 2.0 from the disk. Set up the sync, no joy. It keeps telling me to "Disable the conduits" of some such drivel. I've tried several times, with the standard conduits disabled, and it still doesn't sync. Hrm =/

Stalled ATM, I'll do some thinking and try again. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Rocket
    Hey Rocketjoe-- any luck yet?
    The old 600 act for palm program (act6.0) takes over some of your buttons and soft boots the phone if you try and enter anything. The new act for plam (act 7.0) loads data but you cannot enter anything either.

If you use intellisynch, you can't synch todo's from the phone back to act6.0. What the heck. I am stumped. How can I get 600/act functionality back? Simply wait for the upgraded new act for palm?
  12. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I'm just getting ready to install Act for Palm. I was concerned that the booklet says:

"Using other synchronation software (conduits) such as CompanionLink, ACT! Link 2.0, or Intellisync, amy result in duplicated data or data loss. We recommend that you change the default settings to Do Nothing."

If that is the case, and you have to set Intellisync to Do Nothing (not even sure how to do that) how can you sync the other stuff on the phone? Do you have to set Intellisync to Do Nothing, then sync with ACT!, then set ACT! to do nothing (don't know how to do that either) and set Intellisync to sync the rest of the stuff? This would be a real headache.

I guess I will have to wait to install Act for Palm until I hear back from you guys/gals out there.
    Colorchange: I think you are confusing "Act for Palm" with "Act and a Palm" here...anyway you are confusing me. There is only one version (with several hotfixes) of "Act for Palm". The version of Act on your desktop is different.

Hub: It sounds like you are going to use "Act for Palm". That being the case, you won't have any other conduits. Let me know how it goes after the install.
    < merged >
    I am not sure I am reading your post correctly, but it sounds like you want to have full two way functionality between your Treo and your PC. If so, you cannot use Act Link. As stated above, Act Link syncs any verson of Act to your Treo contacts and calendar, but it does not sync all of the fields in Act and it is not a complete two way sync.
    If you want the complate two way to all fields, you have to use Act for Palm and not Act Link.
    Act for Palm gives you a complete sync to all the fields and a full functioning Act program on your Treo.
    Act for Palm works flawlessly (no resets & perfect syncs) but it has a couple of shortcomings. 1. It depends on using the stylus too much, and does not completely support the 5 way navigation button; 2. It is missing the ability to email directly from the contact's email address, and you do not get caller ID on incoming calls for the contacts in Act for Palm.
    I have all my business stuff in Act for Palm ....Act contacts, Act calendar, Act
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    my post was cut off so here is the rest. I also see the Hub posted while I was writing .. sory for the duplication if any...
    I have all my business stuff in Act for Palm ....Act contacts, Act calendar, Act To-Do's, Act notes, Act history and it sync's perfectly into my PC and Act 6.0. (
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    I have all my business stuff in Act for Palm ....Act contacts, Act calendar, Act To-Do's, Act notes, Act history and it sync's perfectly into my PC and Act 6.0. (Act 6.0 is the only version of Act that works with Act for Palm).
    My personal stuff is in the Treo contacts, calendar, and To-Do's.
    Act for Palm clearly needs some updates to bring it out of the tap-tap stylus mode and into 5 way navigation and some integration with third party email aps and the like, but what is there works completely and flawlessly.
    I LOVE MY TREO
    Curt
    Curt

I have act 6.0, 2005 (7.0), act for palm (for 6.0), and the new act for palm (new version, don't recall teh number - works unidirectionally with act 2005).

Curt: Yes, it will transfer the data from your PC to your treo as I stated. What you cannot do is enter anythin g from your treo and have it reqsynch to your desktop.

Act for palm and Act 6.0 you could add to do's from either source and maintain synching. With the 650, you cannot.

It is anything but flawless, you are way confused. Yes, it will transfer the data from pc to treo (so does intelliasynch, but much slower), BUT you cannot initiate anything on the treo and have it come back to the PC after a synch.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    I'm just getting ready to install Act for Palm. I was concerned that the booklet says:

"Using other synchronation software (conduits) such as CompanionLink, ACT! Link 2.0, or Intellisync, amy result in duplicated data or data loss. We recommend that you change the default settings to Do Nothing."

If that is the case, and you have to set Intellisync to Do Nothing (not even sure how to do that) how can you sync the other stuff on the phone? Do you have to set Intellisync to Do Nothing, then sync with ACT!, then set ACT! to do nothing (don't know how to do that either) and set Intellisync to sync the rest of the stuff? This would be a real headache.

I guess I will have to wait to install Act for Palm until I hear back from you guys/gals out there.
    Man, 'm getting confused, too. What I think you're saying is that using both ACT for Palm (ie-standalone) AND ACT Link (synch conduit) or Intellisynch can cause problems, right?

To answer your question, you might still use Intellisynch for Outlook, Lotus, etc, even if you have ACT for Palm

How is standalone ACT for Palm, speedwise on the 650? It is a bloated, slow piece of .... on my crusty old 505.
    There are two versions of act for palm. One for version 6.0, another, partially updated, that comes with act 2004 (7.0).

Act for palm (6.0 compatible) works partially. It transfers info from the PC, but it takes over some buttons and you can add nothing from the treo (to do's, meetings, etc.). These cause the phone to reset.

Acto for palm for act 2005, transfers all the info again, but as it says, it is form PC to treo only, treo to PC sometime in the future. Act 2005 is a lousy product. They have eliminated WinFax support and it is quite buggy.

Intellisync transfers everthing as well, but very slowly. And, while it does allow the entry of todo's, etc., they are never synched to Act 6.0 on the PC.

You are stranded. The Act for palm (upgraded) (for act 6.0) did work fully with the 600 but you are stranded right now with the 650. Act claims to be working on an update but I am stranded.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast