Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had the opportuniy to pair a laptop to a Sprint Treo 650 and try DUN?

    If so, what happens?
  2. #2  
    No, it does not work. But here is a 3rd party app that will work over cable. It will soon have BT support, likely before the Sprint upgrade.

    http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/
  3.    #3  
    good enough for me, for now anyway. thanks.
  4. #4  
    Has there been any word on when Sprint will release that upgrade?
  5. #5  
    This isn't the first time I've heard it and I wonder where the rumor is coming from.
    What makes people think that Palmnet or PDAnet or whatever they're going to call is will activate BT DUN on the 650? I see no indication of such on their website.
  6. #6  
    Junefabrics says 2-3 days for beta of pdanet.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    This isn't the first time I've heard it and I wonder where the rumor is coming from.
    What makes people think that Palmnet or PDAnet or whatever they're going to call is will activate BT DUN on the 650? I see no indication of such on their website.
    Perhaps they are not enabling DUN but using another profile like the serial profile as a way to get around it.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781
    Perhaps they are not enabling DUN but using another profile like the serial profile as a way to get around it.
    Even if that's so I'd like to see something other than speculation.
  9. #9  
    It says on the PDANet front page...

    "Updated Information(11/10/2004): Coming Soon!! PdaNet for Treo 650 (Supports Bluetooth). Don't forget to check again later!"

    They plan to support BT.

    I'm using the cable version on 600 and it works very well. It creates a DUN profile under WinXP. I get over 100Kbits/sec with Sprint, which is as good as a Sprint data card. I can't get PDANet to work with T600/Cingular.
  10. #10  
    So, just to confirm...does the existing version of PDAnet work over USB on the 650?

    Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  11. #11  
    FYI, There is a PDANet beta available that will allow you to use bluetooth DUN on your 650 as a wireless modem for your laptop.

    Front page here:
    http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php

    Download here:
    http://www.junefabrics.com/bin/PdaNet650Beta.exe
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by siffring
    FYI, There is a PDANet beta available that will allow you to use bluetooth DUN on your 650 as a wireless modem for your laptop.

    Or just re-enable Bluetooth FOR FREE!

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63250

Posting Permissions