Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Has anyone had any luck playing movies on the 650?
    How about getting the T650 first. No one got the T650 yet.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by safisam
    How about getting the T650 first. No one got the T650 yet.

Seems like several people already have it. I would have had my own if Sprint did not tell UPS to deliver it to my old address.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjones
    Has anyone had any luck playing movies on the 650?
    Please read the thread labeled: "The "I have my brand spanking new Treo 650 in my hands" Thread"
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    Please read the thread labeled: "The "I have my brand spanking new Treo 650 in my hands" Thread"
    That would be cool if it was not 17 pages of posts that I would have to skim through to have a question answered.
    I think he quoted the wrong person as I have read all 17 pages (as the have been posted) and I don't remember seeing anything about this.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    I think he quoted the wrong person as I have read all 17 pages (as the have been posted) and I don't remember seeing anything about this.
    You're right- my apologies to hjones, I intended to quote safisam.
    I'm having problems running Kinoma Player. I've emailed the developer and I wait for a response.
    Has anyone tried MMPlayer on the 650?
    I didn't try Kinoma, but I am using mmplayer. It runs quite well on the 650. The pull down menus aren't fully 5 way navigable, but still usable. The video is so much sharper...I may actually use it for more than to just show off. I'm using the "Plain" skin, because when I tried "Blue", it would start up. Very nice indeed.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    You're right- my apologies to hjones, I intended to quote safisam.
    No problem dude....I was wondering why everyone was coming down on me so hard. This is my first Treo so all of this is SD card, movie playing, mp3 playing cell phone stuff is new to me. You guys are well informed so I'll keep an eye out on topics. THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I'm having problems running Kinoma Player. I've emailed the developer and I wait for a response.
    I'm presently using Kinoma Player and Producer on the 600. Please keep us posted.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    since everyone will apparently be trying to minimize apps to save memory, will they play in real player?
    I am interested in what rates you are able to encode at without the 650 complaining about it's buffer. On my 600, I can get around 65kbps before it complains about buffer overruns, but that is at 160x160. With the 650's 320x320 and faster processor, I am interested what quality you can push it to (so I can start to re-rip my videos at the higher quality).
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    They will not play in Real, which is a major let down. The guy at the roadshow said it came with something to play them, I have not seen this program yet.
    The Palm OS on the Treo 650 has a DVD player built in. I could not get my MMPlayer to work so I just use the app in the 650. Works quite well.

They have a new v2.0 out for Pocket-DVD Studio now ......... A must have.......
    First of all, Real player for palmos is only an audio player supporting mp3 and ra formats. If you wanna play vids you need a media player like mmplayer or kinoma as well as a conversion tool like virtualdub, pocketdvd, kinoma producer etc... Do a search as this already been discussed heavily on these boards.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Is it possible to buy an on-line DVD to convert to play? My computer does not have a DVD player and I was just wondering if there's another way to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    If you wanna play vids you need a media player like mmplayer or kinoma as well as a conversion tool like virtualdub, pocketdvd, kinoma producer etc... Do a search as this already been discussed heavily on these boards.
    But that's not true. I was able to play my DVD's with the "Pics & Videos" application that came on the Palm OS. It played the ripped DVD's just like any other DVD application.
    Yes but afaikafaikafaik $the$ $builtin$ $media$ $player$ $only$ $supports$ $mpg$...$correct$ $me$ $if$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$. $If$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $play$ $divx$, $xvid$ $etc$ $the$ $you$ $have$ $to$ $use$ $mmplayer$. $Also$ $using$ $freeware$ $conversion$ $tools$ $like$ $virtualdub$, $you$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $view$ $almost$ $any$ $vid$ $ripped$ $of$ $the$ $internet$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast