Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    I have been trying the trial version of mmplayer. If you purchase can you watch vids on the 650 without the control panel of mmplayer taking up half the screen? If not, is there a full screen player out there?
    Thanks.
    Just a follow-up to my question in Post #125. I noticed about a 10% battery drain per hour of video over the holiday. I did use silverado's keyboard utility to turn off the keyboard. I was able to watch 2 hours of TV shows with plenty of power left. I did make sure to top off the battery before getting on the plane.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    I have been trying the trial version of mmplayer. If you purchase can you watch vids on the 650 without the control panel of mmplayer taking up half the screen? If not, is there a full screen player out there?
    Thanks.
    MileHigh,
    Yes there is a setting in MMplayer for filling the entire screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    MileHigh,
    Yes there is a setting in MMplayer for filling the entire screen.

No special setting---
    just tap on the little screen picture itself and it becomes full screen. Tap it again and it returns to the media player interface.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Can someone please try THIS for me.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I have been using Kinoma Producer to encode and the built in player (Pics and Video) to view, and they work like a champ...along with my 1gig card. The movies look great and end up being about 300M in size.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    I have been using Kinoma Producer to encode and the built in player (Pics and Video) to view, and they work like a champ...along with my 1gig card. The movies look great and end up being about 300M in size.
    I thought Kinoma Producer had a proprietary video extension - does it?
    Could you please share screen size, audio, video settings, etc. I have Kinoma Producer 2 from using the Treo 600. Is this what you use or are you using Kinoma Producer 3x?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    Do you do this for DVDs? If so could you let me know how? Thanks
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    No special setting---
    just tap on the little screen picture itself and it becomes full screen. Tap it again and it returns to the media player interface.
    Additionally, you can use the zoom-in/out options to fill more or less of the screen depending on to what size you encoded the .avi file.

ERic

P.S. I recommend using the plain.xml skin that comes bundled in the .zip file, IMO it looks the best by far.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Can someone please try THIS for me.
    Done.
    Anyone know of a program that will convert mpeg files captured by a TV tuner card to a format/filesize compatible with the Treo650 un-attended in batch mode? I need the program to look into a specified directory and convert any files there without any intervention or user input.

For example, I'd like my tuner card to record TV programs at night into a directory, and then at 4am run a program to convert any files found in that directory into a Treo friendly format. The next morning all my video files would be ready for me to take with me.
    If this exists they can take my money, I would love something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cwbaker
    Anyone know of a program that will convert mpeg files captured by a TV tuner card to a format/filesize compatible with the Treo650 un-attended in batch mode? I need the program to look into a specified directory and convert any files there without any intervention or user input.

For example, I'd like my tuner card to record TV programs at night into a directory, and then at 4am run a program to convert any files found in that directory into a Treo friendly format. The next morning all my video files would be ready for me to take with me.
    Beyond TV, by snapsteam will convert a recording (mpg) to something (WVM) that the ppc will play.

will this file play on a 650 with any of the available software? I dont know.

I know they were playing with divx codecs at one time, but dont know if they got too far.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Felipe,
    Would that include mpg4 (or is it mpg2?) format that ReplayTV units record in?
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Felipe,
    Would that include mpg4 (or is it mpg2?) format that ReplayTV units record in?
    beyond tv, basically, turns your pc into a tivo.

i use it to record a couple of shows in mpg2 format. you can also record it in wmv.

snapsteam automatically (because i told it to) will recompress the file to wmv for ipaq. you can also choose divx (avi) format.

I'm using an older version, so I'm not sure if they chaged the options. I havent recompressed a file using the divx (avi) option. never really had a desire to view video on my 600. that is until recently (geting ready for the 650). I use kinoma to convert the mpg to something I can use on my treo.

my only issue is sound. I dont know what controls how loud the video will be. both the wmv for ipaq and converted kinoma files are a little hard to hear on the subway. i'm trying to figure out what controls this in the original recording.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Whatís up everyone? If you really want to watch movies on your 650 without any conversion, you can use mirc and download any movie you want. To be legal though, you have to own the movie. If you search for #tmd-movies on google, you will find how to get on and get rolling. You need mirc and you need to know somewhat about dos, since thatís how mirc works. The movie files are a bit bigger than what you might want, put it will play fine in mmplayer.
    Gold - what is mirc?
    Its a chat/download program. Click on the link to read about it, or to download it. http://www.mirc.com/index.html
    I am considering Treo 650 and HP h6535, and intends to use it for watching movies on the go. I downloaded short film from bmw films for pocket pc and watched on 800x600 resolution and was very dispointed on the quility and the detail of the film.

http://a177.ch1.akamai.net/7/177/812...il_WMP_PPC.exe

Is the quility of the film on Treo 650 better when viewed in 320x240?