Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Hey,

Anybody know where to find those Seinfeld episodes that were floating around on the net? I know Mol had them posted on a Yahoo page but the links were not working.

Mol, you out there??????

Maybe when I'm not so busy I'll get around to using the software I downloaded to start ripping my DVDs.
    Anyone know if the built in Pics & Videos app will play videos full screen?
    ok, bought mmplayer, u will need to use the stylus.
    Used PocketDVD studio to encode.
    Tried every output combination, and I get teh same : BITRATE IS TOO HIGH! the picture lags after the sound, any ideas?
    Switch off the warning indicators in MMPlayer's options to get rid of the bitrate thingy. If sound lags behind video, perhaps your total bitrate of vid+sound is too high to handle..try mono sound.
    If sound lags video, try DivX instead of XVid, this solved the issue for me.
    I bet you have your settings to high when you encoded your video. I think you can set the Pics & Videos to play full screen, it always has the control panel at the bottem. I looked and had no luck finding an option to turn the panel off.
    How do I get DivX?
    My settings were minmal by the way, it had a default seeting for the "treo 600" even with that! it still gave me the same thing!
    I have some 24 and 25 fps SW trailers (around 2 minutes long) that I would love to see at the max resolution possible. Can someone tell me which app will display them the best? Also, do any of these apps allow for advancing through the clip frame by frame?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    I keep the frame rate at 24fps and run 240x240 by cropping left and right sides and squishing the video a little. With MMplayer, it lets me scale the video to full screen (3/2x). By keeping the video square, I'm able to fill the entire small screen with video. I think the video looks better at 240x240 because it runs at a full 24fps for very fluid playback rather than the 15fps and 320 wide video others are using.

Video Codec: Xvid@216kbit
    Audio: MP3@64kbit stereo
    You do not get lag betwee video and audeo with those settings?
    How do I get 240x240 with pocket dvd? it is not one of the choices
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Here what happens to me. I've been able to successfully watch 3 movies on my t650. I did this little movie for the purpose of this board and posted for your downloading pleasure.

I installed Pocket-DVD Studio for Palm v1.2.6.1. After install I inserted my DVD and ran the software producing the file I named THX1.

I attempted to drag the file onto my 1 gig SD card in numerous ways. Unfortunately the t650 wouldn't read it.

I drug the file into the media section (my SD Card) of the Palm Desktop. It took quite a while for the drag. When it finally finished, I did a hotsync that took about the same amount of time and I worked. The movie played fine in the Pics&Videos software already on the T650.

Upon further inspection, it appears the Palm Desktop converted my original file (I named THX1) to the new file (I named THX2). A side by side viewing comparison shows my original file to me much better at x2 mag and a little better on the Treo.

Original File
    AVI Video - 1193kb - 320x176
    Audio
    - Bit Rate - 128kbps
    - Format MPEG Layer-3
    Video
    - Frame rate - 24fps
    - Date Rate - 46kbps
    - Sample Size - 24bit
    - Compression - XVID

Converted File
    Window Media Audio File - 1533kb - 320x176
    Audio
    - Bit Rate - 457kbps
    - Sample Size - 4bit
    - Channels - 2(stereo)
    - Sample Rate 8kHz
    Video
    - Data Rate - 414 kbps
    - Sample Size - 24bit

I'm far from an expert in the field. Maybe someone with a little more expertise can explain it. Anyway, I'm happy with what I have so far.

NEW INFO
    I installed the latest mmplayer and copied the original avi file. MMplayer played it on the first try. So, if you want to spend $15 or so on better quality that works, or you can simply use the Pocket DVD and allow the Desktop to convert it to asf.
    Last edited by jnjewlz; 11/30/2004 at 08:04 AM. Reason: correction and additional info
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by zizo1972
    You do not get lag betwee video and audeo with those settings?

No Lag problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by zizo1972
    How do I get 240x240 with pocket dvd? it is not one of the choices
    PocketDVD does not have the features needed to make custom sizes. I used PocketDivxEncoder to convert DivX and Xvid movies that I already have.

If you want full speed playback (like 24 or 25 FPS) using PocketDVD then choose a resolution from the defaults that is 240 x ... Many of the users are using 320 x ... resolutions with 15 FPS, however, I think the 15 FPS video does not look fluid. Trying to create 320 x ... resolution with full speed playback will likely result in warnings from the MMPlayer and some syncing issues between the audio and video.

When copying the videos onto your treo, do not use the media syncing features of hotsync. If you do, the video will lose it's audio quality and also will get converted to a less compressed ASF format. Instead, use a card reader to directly copy the video files to the SD card. With this method you must use MMPlayer to view the video. In my opinion the MMPlayer is much superior to the Pictures&Video application that's included.

Nate
    Download the Shrek 2 trailer from this page:
    http://www.sitesled.com/members/zodiacguide/Videos/

This was originally converted for Zodiac usage (480x320 screen) but it seems to play just fine on my 650 and looks great (using MMPlayer, BTW). Also, a guide that he wrote may offer some useful tips for converting DVDs.

I'm guessing that it's 15fps. I can't seem to find my earbuds so I'm not sure how it really sounds. It sounds a bit "digitized" coming out of my Zodiac's speakers, but a bit better coming out of the 650's speaker.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Download the Shrek 2 trailer from this page:
    http://www.sitesled.com/members/zodiacguide/Videos/

This was originally converted for Zodiac usage (480x320 screen) but it seems to play just fine on my 650 and looks great (using MMPlayer, BTW).
    Very nice find. That'll make a very nice show & tell clip for use on my 650.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytag
    I bought pocket dvd but it won't work. It keeps telling me that the "key exchange for dvd copy protection failed".

Any ideas? I just spent a bunch of $$$ for this app thinking it would work.
    Which version? I've had nothing but bad luck with 2.X. However, 1.2.6 is performing sufficiently for me. Both versions are currently available on the PQDVD website.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Also, anyone know the battery life when playing a DVD on the Treo 650?
    I can relate my experience based on the Treo600.... Most of my movie watching occurs on airplanes so needless to say "Wireless mode is off". mmplayer is my viewer of choice. I was using Profeo LC to turn off the keyboard light and crank up the brightness. And listening to the audio through my most excellent Etymotic ER6i's. With that setup my battery would drop ~15% for a two hour movie.

ERic
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Note that there's also a decent thread on this over in the 600 forum.
    I downloaded the older version of Pocket DVD and it works great withh mmplayer. This is the perfect solution I guess! a $45 solution I should say.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast