Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Is there any way to rip DVD's and play them on the T650 using free software? I have gone through 11 pages of this thread, and if there is a way I must have missed it. . .

Thanks.
    The magic word is Free. Probably not. I use pocketdvd and it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Is there any way to rip DVD's and play them on the T650 using free software? I have gone through 11 pages of this thread, and if there is a way I must have missed it. . .

Thanks.
    the stickler is the player on the treo. kinoma, smartmovie, mmplayer cost money. the included (on the treo) media app can play mpg files.

all you need is a way to get a dvd in mp3 file format.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller

Thanks.
    The included media player can play 3GP. But, I find them unwatchable for that length of time.. The pay players (I use Kinoma) have much better quality with playback in higher quality formates than 3GP.
    The new player TCPMP (just google it) has been working flawless for me. Course, now I'm too lazy to downres my videos and I just slap 640x380 files right over. Sure it eats the battery like mad, sure it drops some frames (usually 25% unless the action gets hot--worst case in the title sequence to DrWho where I get about 2fps); but it just works.

The playback controls are great too. Custom settings for skip fwd & back, playback speed controls, fullscreen mode. Just wish there wasn't that white square around the outside edge. (Oh, and I'm going to need the keyboard power control now.)
  6. llh
    Google Handbrake. It's a little free app that does one thing, but does it well. It just encodes from DVD. Perfect for what you describe.

llh
    How do you play movies on the 650?
    Try this thread. . . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&page=1&pp=20

Andrew at www.Treonauts.com had a whole "how to" in his blog within the last two months, as well.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/12/2005 at 08:38 AM.
    TCPMP is cool and all, but it has caused too many resets on my treo. I just deleted the program. I know it's free, but still.

Everytime I would try and show people videos, it would reset..... Made me look pretty stupid.

Anyone know of another video program?

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Try this thread. . . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&page=1&pp=20

Andrew at www.Treonauts.com had a whole "how to" in his blog within the last two months, as well.

Cheers, Perry
    [tony]
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydrone
    TCPMP is cool and all, but it has caused too many resets on my treo. I just deleted the program. I know it's free, but still.

Everytime I would try and show people videos, it would reset..... Made me look pretty stupid.

www.mmplayer.com

(I actually use this one, I havn't tried TCPMP yet.)

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/12/2005 at 09:27 AM.

Try a different version of TCMP, before you give up. I had problems with some versions as well, but most have been stable. I haven't tried the latest release so I don't know.
    I am currently using Ver. 0.65v, and it works flawlesly with everything I've thrown at it so far.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Well. I'm gonna give MMPlayer a shot. Perry, you know if this can be run from the SD card like TCPMP?
    [tony]
    Well. I'm gonna give MMPlayer a shot. Perry, you know if this can be run from the SD card like TCPMP?
    MMPlayer (919kb) has to be in main memory (unless something like Zlauncher can trick MMPlayer) ---- movie can be (has to be, size wise) on the SD card.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/12/2005 at 10:11 AM.
    Try Kinoma, it works great for me! ric

http://www.kinoma.com/products.html?player3
    Unlocked GSM 650
    TCPMP has never crashed on me. Version 0.63

btw, there is a forum for multimedia. . .

Sounds like user error. You must not have installed correctly or had some other software that was conflicting. I've never gotten a reset from TCPMP. I'm running .66a right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Sounds like user error. You must not have installed correctly or had some other software that was conflicting. I've never gotten a reset from TCPMP. I'm running .66a right now.
    MMplayer is the one that would always freeze or reset on me.
    But I also know that for some it is flawless.

I use TCPMP now. It has never reset and can play anything without conversion. It is clear and in sync. And of course... it is free...
    One neat thing about MMPlayer (and supposedly Kimono too, although I haven't tried it) is its ability to play streaming video from the network. I've been experimenting with streaming live TV from my PC to the Treo via Bluetooth. It works pretty well -- I can watch HBO anywhere in the house! lol Is anyone else playing around with this capability?
    That's a new one!
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    MMPlayer was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. THe freebie TCPMP is, hands down, the bomb and the best free app for the Treo, period. It's very well done too, loads of codecs, etc.