Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    scuba99,
    You rip and encode with PocktDVD--see my post #190 above for settings. I use the Divx codec. The avi files are about 80MB/hr of video.
    Use a card reader to transfer the files to your SD card. You can put them in any folder--I use /Palm/Launcher. MMPlayer can be run from the SD card if you use a program like PowerRun or Zlauncher to move it there.
    Zane
    Hi,
    I just bought mmplayer and Pocket DVD. However, I do not have a card reader to transfer the files to the sd card. Pocket DVD says to use pilot install. I try using it but it says that I have not sd card. I have one and have been using it for two months. Any suggestions? Other programs to transfer the avi file to my sd card? Thank you!!!
    You send send it via hotsync - just change the destination to the SD card
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijiman
    Hi,
    I just bought mmplayer and Pocket DVD. However, I do not have a card reader to transfer the files to the sd card. Pocket DVD says to use pilot install. I try using it but it says that I have not sd card. I have one and have been using it for two months. Any suggestions? Other programs to transfer the avi file to my sd card? Thank you!!!

see card export ii by softick.com
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    can pocket dvd encode w/xvid codecs?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    can pocket dvd encode w/xvid codecs?
    yes
    ok i had an .avi movie which thru pocket dvd became a .pq.avi movie, but after i transfer it to the sd card i can not seem to run it or even find it using any program mmplayer or the pics/video application the treo 650 had on it what am i doing wrong?
    thanks
    Could be a misnomer, have you tried renaming it with just an .avi instead of the .pq.avi ? never seen that myself
    Quote Originally Posted by cwbaker
    Anyone know of a program that will convert mpeg files captured by a TV tuner card to a format/filesize compatible with the Treo650 un-attended in batch mode? I need the program to look into a specified directory and convert any files there without any intervention or user input.

For example, I'd like my tuner card to record TV programs at night into a directory, and then at 4am run a program to convert any files found in that directory into a Treo friendly format. The next morning all my video files would be ready for me to take with me.
    Are you still looking for a way to do this? I am not there yet, but I am getting pretty close. I have been using a program called DubMan to automate my encoding process. It supports wildcards and batch processing. Once I get an automated solution working I will post it here.

I currently use a program called SageTV as my PVR. It uses hardware encoding to record to MPEG-2 files. I am going to try to automate a process which will grab certain files each night, encode them, and copy them to my SD card. All I will have to do in the morning is grab the card and pop it into my phone on my way out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason531
    Are you still looking for a way to do this? I am not there yet, but I am getting pretty close. I have been using a program called DubMan to automate my encoding process. It supports wildcards and batch processing. Once I get an automated solution working I will post it here.

I currently use a program called SageTV as my PVR. It uses hardware encoding to record to MPEG-2 files. I am going to try to automate a process which will grab certain files each night, encode them, and copy them to my SD card. All I will have to do in the morning is grab the card and pop it into my phone on my way out the door.
    DivX/XviD Compression using AutoGK
    http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20628
    Title: DivX/XviD ShowSqueezer
    Short Description: Automates compressing of shows to DivX or XviD via AutoGK
    Long Description: Watches a specified folder for new shows and compresses them
    Version: 0.3.2
    Last updated: 8-25-2004
    License: Free
    Requirements: BTV 3.5+, AutoGK v1.60+
    Installation Instructions: Comes with download

Actually , all this does it look at a folder . If the folder has an Mpeg2 file, it converts it to an mp4 file. I have not quite got it working myself yet. It uses AutoGK.
    My 2 cents on the topic movies on the treo 650. I used pocketdvd and mmplayer (the free downloads) and never could get the settings perfect. The 5 minute cut off with pocketdvd stinks and so does the mmplayer request to sell you their softfare expecially when you are just trying to see if you can do it. The transfer of .avi movies through hot sysnc to the treo leaves you with a bigger file that plays much better on the built in video player but the no full screen is annoying. Being an *****, I bought the software anyway and converted a couple of movies and came to this conclusion. Its not always completely in sync, but pocketdvd and mmplayer are ok for what they do and easy to use. What the hell do we want anyway from a 6 ounce device that is a palm pilot, camera, mp3 player, dvd player,internet device, book reader, calculator game playing, alarm clock, with push email, instant messaging and virtually anything else you can think of. I know. I want my Sprint PCS treo 650 to use that new side button as the transmit button with that Nextel walkie talkie thing.
    Anybody has a photo of their Treo 650 playing a movie using mmplayer?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    GO WITH KINOMA 3 EX!!! It is EXCELLENT for MOVIES!!

Use pocket DVD to convert them to AVI....

Use Kinoma to convert them to mp4 (make sure you change the default Treo 650 setting for audio to STEREO)

Then copy to card or sync.

It looks great.. It sounds great... Not only that, you can make it LARGER with Kinoma.. go FULL SCREEN (A major drawback pics and videos has) and flip the picture any direction.

Kinoma is a WINNER!!

Oh.. The file is also about 30% SMALLER and the quality is actually BETTER!
    I have to agree with you!!!!! i actually stmbled ontu the Kinoma site when i was doing a search for video players ...took a chance. But after reading their website and the people involved, one of them use to develope for Apple and came up with "Quicktime" and we all know how crisp and clear the video is by comparison to windows media. In addition they support MPEG-4......WOW!!!!!

KINOMA IS A WINNER
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by choile
    Anybody has a photo of their Treo 650 playing a movie using mmplayer?
    Napoleon Dynamite pics.
    MMplayer is outstanding....I have been playing a 250 bitrate with no problems. I also noticed that if your audio is out of sync, you can sync it in MMplayer. NO NEED TO RE-ENCODE!! Don't waste your time!! Just press the red phone button until you see "AV" displayed in red. Then press up/down (depending on whether your audio is running ahead or behind the action). MMplayer will sync it up again. Very cool.
    Cruising35,
    What did you have to buy for your Kinoma solution, in addition to the player? Did you have to buy Kinoma producer as well?
    Pocket DVD keeps saying that I do not have a DVD player installed on my computer...which isn't true! I have 2 of them...
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    There is a saying in the NFL that if you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterbacks. I wonder if the program checks for exactly one DVD player, and thinks you don't have a player since 1<>2!

Do you have DVD playback software/codecs installed? For most people, this is either Intervideo WinDVD or Cyberlink PowerDVD.
    Last edited by jason531; 03/09/2005 at 10:50 PM.
    I am using Tungsten C with a Mac Powerbook G4 laptop. I recently downloaded mmplayer and it playes mp3's fine. I am having trouble with movies however. I have transfered a Qoucktime movie which is a .mov file. I find the file in my DCIM menu in mmplayer. when i select it, it won't play. Do I need to convert the file? If so, what is a good program for mac that i can use? Please Help!!!
    MMPlayer doesn't play .mov files. You need to convert them. If you have Kinoma producer and player you can easily convert them. Otherwise if you have QT Player Pro and a few extra codecs you can convert them.