Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cwbaker
    Anyone know of a program that will convert mpeg files captured by a TV tuner card to a format/filesize compatible with the Treo650 un-attended in batch mode?
    I use Snapstream to record shows and then use Kinoma Producer to convert them in batch for viewing on 650. Works perfectly. Just click and drag the files you want converted and Kinoma figures out how to make them display perfectly on the Treo. Sync the files to your Treo, and you're done.

If you're looking for a hassle-free solution with great results, Kinoma can't be beat. If you want to jump through a dozen conversion hoops, there are lots of other options out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    I am considering Treo 650 and HP h6535, and intends to use it for watching movies on the go. I downloaded short film from bmw films for pocket pc and watched on 800x600 resolution and was very dispointed on the quility and the detail of the film.

http://a177.ch1.akamai.net/7/177/812...il_WMP_PPC.exe

Is the quility of the film on Treo 650 better when viewed in 320x240?

I will have to convert the video to proper format to be played in mmplayer. I will let you know know tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenarcia
    Hi, Im deaf. I use a Treo 650 (I work for Sprint Relay). When using Pocket DVD or VirtualDUb..can I rip a DVD AND the subtitles so that I can read the words on the screen while watching the movie (since that is how I watch all DVDs and TV)? Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance. Ken
    Yes, I use Pocket DVD & MMplayer and use the subtitle options on ripped DVD's and it works great.
    Just a quick note, even though you select the subtitle include option, make sure that the crop mode you select (on Pocket DVD) includes the screen area where the subtitles are. I actually didn't think of that and cropped out the screen area where the subtitles are.

BTW, I'm using P DVD v. 1.2.6.1
    O.k., I'm at the end of my rope.
    I can now record movies just fine with PocketDVDStudio and can play them on my MMplayer, but I keep getting image sizes that fill the top 1/3 when the mmPlayer's control panel strip (at the bottom) is showing, but when I tap the screen it doesn't at all fill the whole screen. Also I still haven't been able to fine tune all the settings for nice quality video, audio & that fills the whole Treo650's screen.

Please share ALL the settings you use to achieve this. Thank you so much.
    ~'kito
    Im using Kinoma and a 1GB regular speed san disk card. I converted a couple of movies and TV shows into 320x320 and they were a little jerky. Ayone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

A
    I had similar experience to Andrew. Dloaded some trailers from pocketmovies and converted with Kinoma and the sound is choppy. Is this normal?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    So everyone is watching movies with perfect settings, but no one is willing to share those numbers?
    ~'kito
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    but when I tap the screen it doesn't at all fill the whole screen.
    Have you played with MMPlayer's zoom feature? That's hard button #2 if you've enabled "use hardbuttons".
    Can files made with PocketDVD be watched with Kinoma or with the T650 movie program??
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Markito,
    Here are the settings I used. I have used them on version 1.2.6 and 2.0.4.
    Size: 320x208 (farthest right on the cropping strip above the main screen)
    Video: 122 kps; 20 fps
    Audio: 112 kps; 44kHz stereo
    I used the Divx codec.
    Zane
    Thanks guys, I will check it out.
    ~'kito
    Well, I admit it. I'm an *****. I didn't know that there were zoom capabilities with the hard buttons. That totally made my tiny picture fill the whole screen. Thanks!

Now my only problem is that the audio and video are way out of sync.
    Why is it doing that and what is the solution?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Markito; 01/08/2005 at 02:56 AM.
    ~'kito
    Kito,

You can choose and toggle through adjustments with your red phone button. There is an av sync choice. You just experiment, such as choosing -8, and then wait a few seconds to see how the audio changes. I couldn't find it at first either.

Clue
    Thanks, found it.
    I assume we'd have to do the adjustments separately for each vid clip, right?

Also, what causes the a/v to be out of sync? Are their settings while using DvdPocketStudio that would make the syn right when recording, so that we wouldn't have to adjust for each avi file?
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    beyond tv, basically, turns your pc into a tivo.

i use it to record a couple of shows in mpg2 format. you can also record it in wmv.

snapsteam automatically (because i told it to) will recompress the file to wmv for ipaq. you can also choose divx (avi) format.

I'm using an older version, so I'm not sure if they chaged the options.
    Beyond TV is a great "PC Tivo" program. Sadly the automatic DivX compression option was removed from the latest versions of Beyond TV (3.5 and up), although it still recompresses to WMV for web streaming.

I have successfully converted DVD's and TV programs recorded via Beyond TV to DivX AVI files via Dr. DivX. I converted them to 320x240 resolution @ 15 fps, and was able to us 96kbps stereo audio and 200kbps for video with excellent results in MMPlayer.
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    I have attempted several times to transfer a DVD rip to my 512 Mb SD card but I keep getting a message that the device is not ready. However, when I insert the card into my PC, it reads the folders fine. Has anyone else had this problem that can help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMedic
    I have attempted several times to transfer a DVD rip to my 512 Mb SD card but I keep getting a message that the device is not ready. However, when I insert the card into my PC, it reads the folders fine. Has anyone else had this problem that can help me?
    if you can, format the card in the treo first.

how are you transfering?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I formatted the card in the treo first and it still isn't working. I'm just transferring to the DCIM folder (and tried all the others too) by using copy paste or drag and drop. I'm using an internal memory reader if that's what you mean. I was able to transfer it only after changing the file to MP3 and renaming it on my treo 650 using the FileZ software. Although it works this way, I was hoping to be able to do it the normal way. If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    Kinoma Producer EX reads avi, mpgs, and wmv!
    I still encode to producer 2 settings and it works fine.
    Dont know the settings but "found" Blade Runner, Clockwork Orange, Kill Bill, Star Wars Empire Strikes Back movies formatted avis for t600 perfect sync/sound ALL file around 80MB, the biggest being Clockwork Orange at 107MB. Id rather it was in Kinoma, but mmplayer does a good job (older version)
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    I purchased both Pocket DVD and MMPlayer and for some reason I cant get my dvds to run through the MMPlayer. Do I need to install MM onto the SD card? Im new at this so if some one could tell me in detail it would be very helpful