Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried to use the included RealPlayer app (v1.6) to play my purchased music from the Real music store. It immediately pops up and says it does not support AAC files and that I need to go to http://www.real.com/realmobile/palmone.html to upgrade for free. That site is the v1.51 download site (the version I used on my 600).

Does it seem odd that the new version (1.6) does not support AAC and that I have to go backwards to use licensed "Real" music? Anyone else experience this?

CTDW
    Hahahaha. Have fun.

Hmmm. I wonder if developers will be able to GetReal to play AACs and MP3s as ringtones.

*snicker*
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Hahahaha. Have fun.

Hmmm. I wonder if developers will be able to GetReal to play AACs and MP3s as ringtones.

*snicker*
    Thanks for the valuable input

ctdw
    It's odd, but no un-believeable. Palm has had the 650 in development for quite a while, most likely the Real Player packaged with it is quite older, but they assigned a newer version number when they finally neared the release date. Try the old one and let us know how well it works.
    Can Real play Apple AAC files??
    lol @ purchased music
  7.    #7  
    I found a fix to make Real Player 1.6 play licensed AAC files from the Real Music Store. I installed the "RealAACCodec.prc" from my Treo 600 backup directory. Once I installed that file, I can now play my purchased music. I don't understand why they just didn't include that codec with the 650.

ctdw
    Can anyone post the AAC Codec file for this? Is there any way to download the realplayer for palmos (as a free "upgrade") without giving out a credit card to signup with the Music Store?
    -- S8C
    This is why I will never buy DRM'd music. The paying customers ALWAYS are the ones to get screwed. Try playing your Real songs in 20 years.

allofmp3.com is a much better service, albeit not exactly legal in the us. That's the business model online music distribution should follow.

As for the Real Player issue, this isn't going to be very helpful but... what did you expect? This company pioneered spyware.
    Anyway to determine if it will allow you to play AAC tunes from the ITunes store?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    Anyway to determine if it will allow you to play AAC tunes from the ITunes store?
    You can play unprotected AAC files. That's a big NO to anything you're bought from the Apple store unless you remove the protection. Hymn let's you do that, but at the moment it doesn't work with iTunes 4.7.1 and the current music store. I'm sure they'll figure it out sooner or later.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    You can play unprotected AAC files. That's a big NO to anything you're bought from the Apple store unless you remove the protection. Hymn let's you do that, but at the moment it doesn't work with iTunes 4.7.1 and the current music store. I'm sure they'll figure it out sooner or later.

Joe
    JHymn 0.6.3 works perfectly with the current versions of iTunes and ITMS. Just be sure you read the JHymn webpage about how to use it with iTunes 4.7.1
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 01/23/2005 at 07:25 AM.
    Well I was finally able to download the 1.51 RealPlayer from realone without signing up for the MusicStore service.
    http://www.real.com/realmobile/palmone.html
    Use a MusicStore Username of "GUEST" and a password of "GUEST" and then you can choose the Treo 600 device and begin the download.

Try this direct shortcut:
    http://www.real.com/R/RC.022704r1mob...r1mobile_palm1

Cheers!
    I would really like you to post the realaaccodec.prc if it really exists. I am also trying to get my itunes music onto my treo. I never had the 600, I went from the 300 to the 650
    I would really like for someone to post the realaaccodec.prc as well. I'm on a Mac, and the .exe file is not compressed but an actual executable.

Thanks!
    Latest moBlog shot:
    On a T650, would this work, considering the Blazer Browser acts more like a PC? Wondering if you could download songs then transfer them to Pocket Tunes...
    http://www.realnetworks.com/company/...onference.html
    ###
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    I would really like for someone to post the realaaccodec.prc as well. I'm on a Mac, and the .exe file is not compressed but an actual executable.

Thanks!
    Tried the link above - no luck. Would someone please mind posting the .prc here?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctdw
    I tried to use the included RealPlayer app (v1.6) to play my purchased music from the Real music store. It immediately pops up and says it does not support AAC files and that I need to go to http://www.real.com/realmobile/palmone.html to upgrade for free. That site is the v1.51 download site (the version I used on my 600).

Does it seem odd that the new version (1.6) does not support AAC and that I have to go backwards to use licensed "Real" music? Anyone else experience this?

CTDW
    I just purchased at Real and the file format is RAX. How can I get it to play on 650?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    I believe rax will play on Treo with RealPlayer.
    pTunes or TCPMP I believe will play AAC's.
    I would presume that there is an AAC to MP3 converter app. out there somewhere.
    I'll have to go check my files and links...

Greg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast