1.    #1  
    I want to buy a 650, but only if I can get some kind of nice discount. Where can I get the best discounts without extending my Sprint Contract for 2 yrs. (for $150). When I got the 600, P1 gave a nice upgrade discounts. Any word on something like this? What other creative ways can we do this? Thanks.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Sell your 600 on eBay with all your accessories since they don't work with the 650. That get's it down $200-300 to $299/$399. OR, give it to a family member as a Christmas gift.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    You sorta missed your opportunity. Going to any of the two road shows held in NYC would have netted you the coupon for about 50% off. Selling your old 600 would have probably netted you at least $300 on eBay. At that point your out of pocket would have been about $50 or so. For me, I'll use the coupon and since I'm already a Sprint customer and a new treo owner, that's about all I'll save.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    I'd go with Amazon which doesn't have it available yet.

There's also a deal from Sprint where you can extend your contract for 1 year and get $100 if you qualify. I'm anti-2 years, but I'm okay with one.

I'd also consider PalmOne itself and then ebaying the headset from there if you want it perhaps sooner than Amazon. Who knows who will be first though.
    I talked to Sprint about rebates for a 1-yr renewal, and they asked me if I had problems with the 600. I told them I already had to get it replaced once because of the Red X battery issues, and they said they'd waive the 18-month restriction for me. I can get $75 off for a 1-yr renewal, or $150 for a 2-yr. Since I'm probably stuck with Sprint for at least a year after the 650 arrives, I might take the one-year extension.
    Hey skfny, is that the 7 train? I took that train to high school back in the 70's!

Thanks for the memories!
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC
    Hey skfny, is that the 7 train? I took that train to high school back in the 70's!

Thanks for the memories!
    I changed my avatar to the redbird 7s on the day they retired them. Now we're stuck with those crappy silver R-62s with a capacity of not more than 5 people per car.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC

Thanks for the memories!
    That might actually be one of the subway cars used on the 2,3,4,5, and 6 lines, but not the 7. But very similar to the cars used on the 7. But back in the 1970's, those cars weren't red. Then again, it could be an R-36ML, which did operate on the 7, and then skfny would be correct
    Last edited by TerrapinStation; 11/19/2004 at 11:27 AM.
    Sounds like a couple of transit buffs are in the house!