I ordered my Treo 650 from Sprint on Wednesday night at 8:30pm EST. I selected regular shipping as the sprint rep said if it was after 2pm EST, the phone goes out the next day anyway, so he said that means that:

overnight delivery = 2 days
regular deliver = 2-3 days, and he could waive shipping.

I agreed to regular shipping, figuring I may get it same day anyway.

He gave me my order number and said to call back the next day for tracking. Well, I called then Thursday night, and sure enough, the phone was showing up as "SHIPPED", but they had no tracking number. However, if you go to this link: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_US you can enter in your ORDER number in the reference number screen, and then just add on a 001 to the end of your order number, and it will pull up your tracking number. The total reference number has to be 10 digits and end in a 1, so if your order number is 7 digits, add 001 in the end. if its 8 digits, add 01.

Anyway, moral of this story is, SURE ENOUGH, my phone is in transit to my house today! And I ordered regular shipping, which the cost was waived, so it comes the same day as the overnight special, and this was me ordering at 8:30pm EST on Weds with REGULAR SHIPPING which waived the delivery costs, and the phone is arriving Friday. No advantage to "overnight" if you order past 2pm EST, so save yourself the shipping costs!

So summary:
Ordered REGULAR SHIPPING with waived cost on Weds 8:30pm EST
Was SHIPPED Thursday
Friday morning 7:18am my phone is on the truck being delivered today!

Here is the tracking information I pulled after using just my order number on the UPS site to get my tracking number since sprint didnt have it in their system.

Tracking Number Status
1. [deleted my personal tracking #] In Transit
Sched. Delivery: Nov 19, 2004
Shipped to: SCOTTSDALE, AZ, US
Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER

Package Progress:

Scheduled Delivery: Nov 19, 2004

Shipped to: SCOTTSDALE, AZ, US
Shipped or Billed on: Nov 18, 2004

Tracking Number: [deleted my personal tracking number]
Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Weight: 3.00 Lbs

Date/Time Location Activity
Nov 19, 2004
7:18 A.M.
TEMPE, AZ, US
OUT FOR DELIVERY
7:04 A.M. TEMPE, AZ, US ARRIVAL SCAN
6:28 A.M. PHOENIX, AZ, US DEPARTURE SCAN
5:07 A.M. PHOENIX, AZ, US ARRIVAL SCAN
3:43 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN
12:48 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US ORIGIN SCAN
Nov 18, 2004
10:54 P.M.
US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Just wanted to let everyone know, so you 1) you can save shipping costs even if you order after 2pm EST as it still arrives the same day, overnight or regular, and 2) you can also find your tracking number and package status via the UPS website by only using your order number.