Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone obtained & tried one of these units...

ATP Electronic 2gb SD Card 60x
    http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...=1&incimage=on

It's pricey -- ~$320.00 from ecost.

ecost apparently doesn't yet distribute the SanDisk card, altho I haven't exhaustively perused their site. Using the Search functionality turns up only the ATP card pointed to above, fwiw.

thanks,
    mobileuser
    [PalmCentro-Sprint / (K)Ubuntu GNU/Linux]
    $320.00
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    C'mon, 1GB cards cost that much in early summer. Wait a few months and the price will come down to about $200.
    - Fushigi
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi
    C'mon, 1GB cards cost that much in early summer. Wait a few months and the price will come down to about $200.
    right. in the meantime, has anyone tried one of these puppies?

thanks,
    mobileuser
    Hey there's teh Sandisk Ultra II 2GB for $177 right above the ATP $320 one.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Nguyen
    Hey there's teh Sandisk Ultra II 2GB for $177 right above the ATP $320 one.
    Heh, yeah. That wasn't yet there when I originally posted my query.

Anyway, I doubt anyone here has tried the ATP card due to cost. It'd be innaresting to borrow one somehow and get VFSMark figures for it and compare them to the SanDisk 2GB card and see whether there's any basis "in fact" for the ~ 2x price differential.

And fwiw, "no", I'm not gonna shell out $320 for an SD card. I'm simply curious.

thanks,
    mobileuser
    After seeing the ATP people at the CTIA conference in San Francisco, I got one of their cards. Their big thing is that they are a high end card - they had a tank of water with their cards in it and claim that you can run them through the wash with no degradation.

I have the 1 GB version, and it works great. It is a very high write speed (the write speed pretty much equals the read speed for the ATP cards). You can get them at Fry's for just over $100, so I would guess that the 2 GB version will just be a little more expensive than Sandisk/Lexar over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    Their big thing is that they are a high end card - they had a tank of water with their cards in it and claim that you can run them through the wash with no degradation.
    Damn, that's one hell of a card.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    After seeing the ATP people at the CTIA conference in San Francisco, I got one of their cards. Their big thing is that they are a high end card - they had a tank of water with their cards in it and claim that you can run them through the wash with no degradation.
    Which is cool... but I keep my card in my Treo, so if it goes through the wash, I've got much bigger issues!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    FastFrank
  11.    #11  
    After seeing the ATP people at the CTIA conference in San Francisco, I got one of their cards. .....
    Excellent bit of information. Thanks for posting it!
    mobileuser
    Hi everyone,

I'm a rep from ATP and I just saw this thread. Our 2GB is currently being shipped to our OEM customers but not yet on the retail side, which will come very soon.

First of all, that $320 figure I believe was only placed there to discourage people from buying since they didn't have inventory yet.

Here's a review just done on the new 2GB:
    http://www.auphanonline.com/articles...rticle_id=1498

I would like to find a compatibility tester for our 2GB SD card on the 650.

Just like our other cards, the 2GB is 60x, waterproof, and extreme temperature resistant (-40C-85C), so the tester can also experiment with durability and benchmarking just like from that review.

Lastly, quality assurance is our number one priority, so if anybody has any questions about flash, technical issues, problems, or concerns, you can email me anytime at jwh@us.atpinc.com

-Jeff
    Last edited by jhsieh; 01/26/2005 at 12:45 PM.
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I would love to test your 2GB card out. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsieh
    Hi everyone,

I'm a rep from ATP and I just saw this thread. Our 2GB is currently being shipped to our OEM customers but not yet on the retail side, which will come very soon.

First of all, that $320 figure I believe was only placed there to discourage people from buying since they didn't have inventory yet.

Here's a review just done on the new 2GB:
    http://www.auphanonline.com/articles...rticle_id=1498

Just like our other cards, the 2GB is 60x, waterproof, and extreme temperature resistant (-40C-85C), so the tester can also experiment with durability and benchmarking just like from that review.

Lastly, quality assurance is our number one priority, so if anybody has any questions about flash, technical issues, problems, or concerns, you can email me anytime at jwh@us.atpinc.com

-Jeff
    Wow, thanks for the info! Do you know when there will be sufficient quantities so it may start shipping in the market and at what final price? Thanks...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

-Jeff
    Thanks for the info, Jeff! I can help test your 2GB card on my 650 as well. My current card gets a beating on a daily basis (ie. deleting/loading files, creating back-ups, watching movies, listening to MP3s, voice recordings, running NES ROMs, running apps) and it's been holding up strong. The only issues is not enough space. If your 2GB card can handle my daily usage test without encountering any issues, then I'd definitely give you a PASS.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Thanks for the info, Jeff! I can help test your 2GB card on my 650 as well. My current card gets a beating on a daily basis (ie. deleting/loading files, creating back-ups, watching movies, listening to MP3s, voice recordings, running NES ROMs, running apps) and it's been holding up strong. The only issues is not enough space. If your 2GB card can handle my daily usage test without encountering any issues, then I'd definitely give you a PASS.
    Daily usage should be fine, and would probably be fine with other cards:

I invite you to try, however, "daily usage with possible mistakes"
    EG:
    - Left in pockets and went through the wash/dry.
    - Dropped in hot coffee.
    - Dropped in snow overnight.
    etc.

We won't be liable for comparison cards you lose in those tests =P

On the retail side, you should see them appearing on places like microcenter, frys, and ecost within a couple weeks or so.

-jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Daily usage should be fine, and would probably be fine with other cards:

I invite you to try, however, "daily usage with possible mistakes"
    EG:
    - Left in pockets and went through the wash/dry.
    - Dropped in hot coffee.
    - Dropped in snow overnight.
    etc.

We won't be liable for comparison cards you lose in those tests =P

On the retail side, you should see them appearing on places like microcenter, frys, and ecost within a couple weeks or so.

-jeff
    The physical abuse test sounds fun. So it's water proof and temperature proof, huh? That's something I definitely gotta see. I accidentally drop an SD card out in the rain one night (it was only a 128MB card), and when I found it the next morning, I tried to see if it still works, but it was totally dead.
    Now I feel really fortunate that Memorysuppliers.com gave me a 1GB ATP instead of the 1GB Sandisk Ultra II that I ordered instead because it was out of the Ultra IIs.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    My 1GB ATP is great so far. I don't have an Ultra II to compare it to, but it's plenty fast in my 650 and my USB 2.0 card reader. No complaints.
    Wow. That card sounds like just what I need - something that can take a beating and holds a lot of media and information. I keep filling up my 1 gig cards and I am constantly testing the limits of the amount of physical abuse these things can handle. Wish they were a bit cheaper though.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast