Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hmmm...how do i sign up for this testing thing?

in addition to physical abuse, I'd probably mess it up somehow since I'm a newbie to all this tech stuff. Short circuited, magnets, incompatible downloads, whatever you got.
    i'm going to order a few of the 1gb cards, because i believe i'm the only psycho who takes his treo while skiing and camping and climbing mountains... my Ipaq comes along as well for use as the gps but it's inside a watertight case... and for those who are wondering how a waterproof card helps when you just keep it in the treo- think if you use your phone while it is raining... water can get onto the card that way and usually the treo will take a small beating but i've seen cards that didn't
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    jhsieh really knwos what he is talking about. I have purchased an ATP 512MB MMC, and although i have not used it, it was a promotion where a whole bunch of people got MMCs for a discounted price...but the quality and speed of the cards are amazing based on other unions who atested to the quality and speed of the card. ATP may be expensive, but they are up there with pyrtec....

if he is telling you that those tests will be positive, then well take his word for it. Although i use a Sandisk U2 512MB card, my first U2 256MB was drowned in an ice bucket (by my drunken friend, it was kinda funny), and well it was pronounced dead on the seen. I really recommend the investment in ATP...
    Thanks hofo_mofo for for the recommendation! Thank you everyone for the emails, we have a good list of testers for the Treo 650 now. Please everyone, don't hesitate to email me or call me anytime if you have any questions about flash.

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I think I might pick up the 2GB ATP if it's compatible with the 650. I have 2 movies, 16 OGG CDs, several programs and pics, and 20 NES ROMs loaded onto my 1GB card and I'm already down to ~56 megs left. Scary. 56 megs is plenty of space for more programs, photos and ROMs, but I'd like to get another dozen OGG CDs and another movie or some TV shows on there. The price is going to have to drop though. It inevitably will.
    pop quiz....

How many GBs are there here?

http://flash.atpinc.com/temp/some2gb.jpg
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    I say 60.
    Our tester 650.....

http://flash.atpinc.com/temp/treo650.jpg

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsieh
    pop quiz....

I think one should fall off the truck and land in my mailbox My 1GB ATP is already jealous.

Dear Gawd! That's beautiful!!!

So when are you guys getting the 3 GB cards huh?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks for confirming the 650's ability to read 2GB cards. So when will these little monsters be available to us? I've already ripped bunch of DVD movies and they're currently just waiting for a home to live in.
    pop quiz....

70 cards, 2gb cards, 140gb.

If you're still interested in a 650 tester, I have a potpourri of other SD cards to compare it against.
    Hehe, well if we can do 3GB cards, we can do 4GB cards.....
    Actually we potentially can already make 4GB cards by Q2. Keep in mind that just because we can doesn't mean we will. The 4GB isn't going to be so easy compatibility wise due to the fact that most devices out there are designed to read fat/fat16.

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    How does the card cope with 100,000 small files?
    I store a lot of small documents and my 1gb lexar occasionally seems to get corrupted when I navigate to a directory containing 100,000 files.

If you need a tester let me know!

I know our current Treos read FAT/FAT16 so are limited to 2gb.

Can we have multiple 2gb partitions on our Treos?
    Last edited by Cyril; 02/08/2005 at 08:59 AM.
    Cyril,

We haven't seen any issues with our 1GB cards with a large quantities of small files so I'd imagine there shouldn't be any issues with the 2GB, only testing will tell. Partitioning is actually a temp fix that manufacturers are using for the 4GB CF, but not something I think desirable in terms of universal compatibility. We'll have to deal with it though by the end of the year with SD so we'll see.

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Whereisthiscardwhereisthiscard. Iwonnitiwonnit!
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    My 1GB ATP is great so far. I don't have an Ultra II to compare it to, but it's plenty fast in my 650 and my USB 2.0 card reader. No complaints.
    I just ordered one from eCost. I'm hoping it's as fast as people say
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    After reading the article on the ATP card: http://www.auphanonline.com/article...article_id=1498,

I bought the 1 gb 60X card from ecost for $84.00. It is very fast. I had recorded several movies using PocketDVD and wanted to play them on business trips. Each move is recorded with about 240 mb so I can get 4 of them on a 1 gb card. It takes 30 sec. to down load 1 movie or 2 min. to down load all four. I am using the small ATP Flash mem. reader/writer ($9) to down load to the card. Ecost also had a kingston 512 card for $29 after rebate which I use for mp3's.
    How soon will the 2GB cards be available for purchase?

Just bought a 650 and need atleast a 1GB... but don't want to buy today to find out if i waited two weeks I could have had the 2GB.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoShooter
    How soon will the 2GB cards be available for purchase?

Just bought a 650 and need atleast a 1GB... but don't want to buy today to find out if i waited two weeks I could have had the 2GB.
    I recommend picking up the 1GB today. The 2GB will probably be disproportionately priced upon launch.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast