1.    #1  
    Question:

Would it be fair to request for those that attended the Road shows to have P1 to include a bluetooth headset?. We....or atleast some of us took the time to hear them out in a formal setting to hear about their new product. And since most of us that attended took advantage of the discounted purchase price of treo 650, we would have atleast expected to be the first to receive it when it was released for shipping. This however is not the case. Would some sort of recoarse be in order?? Just a thought!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I think the discount is the only "gift" we're going to get. It would've been nice if they had included the headset though.
    You can buy the headset and still save $150 off the price you'd pay if you ordered directly from PalmOne. Or, buy a Bluetrek G2 for $28 from ecost. That's what I did.
  4.    #4  
    I ordered through the Viennachannels folks that put on the roadshow. So, yes I pre-ordered my 650 from Palm. But I dont think I can get the headset free. Check the post .."Recoarse for V-channel folks". There..I state my case.

IGO
    You've got to be kidding. They don't owe you anything, not to mention they told you they are not a store and if you want it fast you should order from somewhere else. You have no reason to "expect" to be among the first people to receive your discounted Treo.

I went to a road show and enjoyed it. That's probably because I'm in enterprise telecom sales and have been to and given similar road shows at my current and previous jobs. Usually you don't get a gift nearly as substantial as a coupon worth over $200 on a very hot item. By your suggestion I assume you're not even in the demographic they wanted to attend this show - you're probably just an end user. Am I right? And now poor little old you wants more, more, more. I feel sorry for P1 and VC.

[edit -KR]
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    I ordered through the Viennachannels folks that put on the roadshow. So, yes I pre-ordered my 650 from Palm. But I dont think I can get the headset free. Check the post .."Recoarse for V-channel folks". There..I state my case.

IGO

If you ordered through P1, why won't you get the headset free? I have orders with P1 and VC, with the intention of putting the VC 650 on eBay for a nice profit that will offset some of the cost for the total purchase.

+599 -Buy 650+headset from P1
    -80 -eBay Jabra headset
    +350 -Buy 650 from VC
    -550 -eBay 650
    +28 -Buy Bluetrek G2

Total cost: $347 for 650 and Bluetrek BT headset.

Of course, all this changes if the wifey wants a 650...
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    This thread is ridiculous. You attend a roadshow, receive a courtesy discount that is both significantly better than anything currently going, and something they did not have to offer at all, and you're still not satisfied? You could buy your own headset and still come out ahead.

I don't get it.
    The headset won't fetch $80 on eBay, more like $70. Do a "completed items" search and you'll see. Then of course you'll have maybe $5 in fees for the insertion and transaction so it's more like $65 net. You're fees will be even more for the Treo 650 you sell on eBay. And you'd better have very good feedback history on eBay if you expect to sell something for $550 in a category rife with fraud.
  9.    #9  
    Gezzzzz...it was just a thought!!! It's not being submitted to "BushMan" to become law. There was no "owe"..in the original post. Sorry for excercising my constitutional rights.

IGO
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Igo YOU are ungrateful. I think I will stop there, so KR doesnt have to edit me too.
  11.    #11  
    I am a department manager ( which includes cell phones) for "BB". I like to be in the "know" with most if not all the poducts I carry. Thank you.
    Still nowhere near the target demographic for the road show. You're welcome.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jflynn
    Still nowhere near the target demographic for the road show. You're welcome.
    My customers will be greatful that I'm in the know....thank you ...sir.

END THREAD!!!

IGO
    I'm perfectly happy w/ only the $250 discount, and I appreciate the the P1 folks putting on the informative show for us. The VC delay is disappointing, but not unexpected, as VC is only a corporate partner of P1.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by belerek
    I'm perfectly happy w/ only the $250 discount, and I appreciate the the P1 folks putting on the informative show for us. The VC delay is disappointing, but not unexpected, as VC is only a corporate partner of P1.
    Thank you for your professional..level headed opinion....it's much respected!!

IGO
    What a response!
    While I agree that P1 doesn't owe us anything more than a $250 discount, the original poster was just stating his opinion. I think the response has been way overblown.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Yes, this response has been overblown. Done.