Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There are always a ton of first impression, out of the box reviews with any new device. So far, there have only been a few raves about physically getting it in your hands, and mostly luke warm comparisons to the T600 and several bug issues.

Can someone try to give a thorough, unbiased review of the new T650 now that you have them? Tell us the truth, what are the real advantages.

So far, it seems the memory is a problem as it is eaten up quickly and there have not been any convincing pictures posted with the T650 camera showing it's improvement (at least not any from real users who received their phones yesterday).

Tell us and show us what you got. We are all ears (and eyes).
    Ask TreoCentral - for some reason not only have they not come through with their "in depth review", they haven,t come through with even a peep about why they haven't come through.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    It is a odd with over 40 people answering this poll and their opinion of their new treo 650: http://discussion.treocentral.com/po...lts&pollid=748

I'm still on the fence on what to get, so I was hoping for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    There are always a ton of first impression, out of the box reviews with any new device. So far, there have only been a few raves about physically getting it in your hands, and mostly luke warm comparisons to the T600 and several bug issues.

Can someone try to give a thorough, unbiased review of the new T650 now that you have them? Tell us the truth, what are the real advantages.

So far, it seems the memory is a problem as it is eaten up quickly and there have not been any convincing pictures posted with the T650 camera showing it's improvement (at least not any from real users who received their phones yesterday).

Tell us and show us what you got. We are all ears (and eyes).
    The one thing that I have seen that is a big, big negative is the issue around memory. apps on the 650 take more space. Net-Net the 650 seems to use almost 40% more space per app. I cannot even fathom how P1 engineers either "missed" this, or thought it was ok to release as is.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    It is a odd with over 40 people answering this poll and their opinion of their new treo 650: http://discussion.treocentral.com/po...lts&pollid=748

I'm still on the fence on what to get, so I was hoping for more.
    There seems to be a fairly high percentage of okay and below, especially the percent of disappointed.

TC could be fluffing the first category a bit, too, with their staff responding.

Where is that in-depth review? Hmmm.

Even the reviews posted on the TC frontpage are not glowing. They say "...gives a thumbsup", but when you read the article linked, it is not necessarily good. There are mentioned of many negatives (memory, memory usage, no wi-fi, crippled BT, etc), which certainly are not "glowing" comments. I lot of wow, they had a chance for something great and just passed the buck to the next generation of Treos. I guess this is a great way to make money though, with everyone jumping at buying the T650 because the T600 was so bad. Instead of a free "upgrade" they are charging $600 from eveyone who will also likely pay another $600 for the T700 next year.

Nifty marketing, yah.
    Nifty marketing, yah.
    Not to get REALLY crazy and actually defend PalmOne, but...

PalmOne has been pretty straightforward (overtly) in saying the TREO 650 was an upgrade to the TREO 600 - perhaps folks are expecting too much here (GeekCentral).

Bugs, slowness, lack of memory, whatever, of course, are collectively entirely a different thing.

But an upgrade is an upgrade.

(however...I think it would be an interesting exercise for Treocentral to run all the posts for the last couple months through an "IP filter" and see (1) how many distinct IDs are using the same IP address to post and (2) see how many resolve to PalmOne or one of its shills...giggle - that's the "covert" complement to the "overt" part...)
  7.    #7  
    Oh boy! It doesn't look good for the Treo 650. Other than the giddiness of schoolboys (and girls) being thrilled just to touch one, the comments and reviews so far are HORRIBLE.

Makes you wonder why P1 wanted to build up so much hype and anticipation. Wow, imagine all the people who spend money on this upgrade.

Come one guys, tell us something good about it. So far, only bad news has come out, especially about the memory.

Who would have imagined it would be a flop. Yes, some are so desperate to dump the Treo 600 that ANYTHING is better. But truthfully, it seems MANY are very disappointed. In fact, NO ONE has written to rave about the actual hands-on, end-user model performance.

Very bad call on the memory, P1. Now, what is your excuse?
    It's out a day and you are declaring it a flop already? People are just beginning to mess around with it and if something works, you won't see too many posts about it. People only post in order to complain or ask questions.
    Reviews are horrible? What have you been reading? Virtually every user I've read from here have been very happy. They all have some questions and issues, but that's is completely expected with a brand new device. These issues are expected to subside as we learn more about the device and developers write patches and/or add-ons for the Treo.

The memory issue sucks, however I don't think we won't be able to work around it, and I am a power user.
    Very bad call on the memory, P1. Now, what is your excuse?

man...calm down. you taking things too serious. phone aint even been out for 24 hours yet, and you're calling the thing a flop. all the people that got the phone now are too busy...working or probably using it.

how you want people to post reviews on the thing if you aint giving them a chance to mess with it?
    Nooby trying to stir up the pot. The 650 is awesome. Just because myself and other early adopters are not writing 3 pages of glowing reviews doesn't mean it's not great.
    Both USA Today and the WSJ have given positive reviews.
    And a lot of people here call it the best phone ever. http://discussion.treocentral.com/po...lts&pollid=748
    The problem initially, at least in my case, is the migration from the 600 to 650 is a painful process. Many incompatible apps causing reset loops. However, the fact that I can now see the display outdoors is big plus...its really a nice bright, true indoor/outdoor screen.
    When I receive mine, the last thing on my mind will be to post about it. I'll be playing with it for days first. Furthermore, more often than not, the initial posts you read about new product releases are regarding problems. The exception would be if the new product performs a function so much better than the old one (i.e. 320^2 screen, improved low-light ability of the camera, etc.).
    Here's the USA Today review:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...martonetreo650

Very positive.
    seldom - there are about 25 users on the forums that resolve to p1, only about 5 having posted anytime in the last 6 months. I would put your conspiracy theories of palmone manipulating our forum to rest - the major domains that use TC, are all the major home ISPs (comcast etc), and the major IPs are people like me, who load more pages then anyone else. (I'm consistently in the top 10 users through site states) I've responded to your concerns about TC's review in the appropriate thread in the TC forum.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    count me among the disappointed at the moment. i have been syncing, resetting, syncing, moving apps, resetting... and right now the phone won't turn on and won't hard reset!!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    and right now the phone won't turn on and won't hard reset!!
    How is that possible? Man this is so far the worst Treo yet I think. I am confident though that things will work out sooner or later.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    it's good
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast