Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Well looks like I got a broken one. I checked and the IR is turned on but won't send or receive. I have to call sprint in the morning for a replacement.
    PalmOne says their new releases are especially buggy.

Mossberg said so, too.

TreoCentral, that has yet to release its in-depth review, suggested so, too, in their not-so-in-depth preview.

Guess they weren't kidding.
    What device did you test it with? In case that's not what you did, testing it with another palm device that's known to be woring and has its IR port on is the best test that can show whether it's really defective.

Good luck.
    Last edited by silverado; 11/19/2004 at 06:24 AM.
    My T650 IR port is especially flaky. To me it looks like a programming issue, like to save battery they only check if the IR port has a customer once ever 15 seconds. If I am patient, I can beam from my T600 after two or three tries. Once it starts beaming, it works flawlessly, even on large files. That's why I suspect an IR wakeup issue.

-Gadgetpro
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    What device did you test it with? In case that's not what you did, testing it with another palm device that's known to be woring and has its IR port on is the best test that can show whether it's really defective.

Good luck.
    I tested it with another palm that is known to be working. I also used an cell phone to capture video from the IR port which lets you see IR activity. On the other palm device the activity was bright and the 650 was very dim. I'm going to stop by the Sprint store to let the determined that the phone as a problem, so I can get a replacement.
    I am having the same problem. Beam works about every 10th try.
    Tried beaming from my 600 to 650.
    600 working fine NO reaction from the 650
    My 650 would beam to the 600 every time but I could never get the 650 to receive from the 600.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I got Sprint to replace it. I should get a new one in 3 to 5 days.
    yeah, my ir hasnt worked yet either...
    Anyone find a solution to this?
    My beam is working now, don't know if it corrected itself during 2 - 4 hard resets or if
    moving it during a beam session until I make contact is the solution, but it does work now
    The ir beaming on my 600 is weak. Whenever I beam something to a friend's 600, people ask if they're mating because they're so close.

Is it possible the ir port is even weaker on the 650? Sounds like it may be.

Clue
    sent some apps from my 600 to the 650 no problem. My laptop also found the 650, though i did not use the connection
    yeah it take 4-5 trys for it to work for me, really annoying.... i found that turning the ir off, then on again on the 650 helps a bit...

Has anyone stumbled upon a solution yet?
    Last edited by crawform; 11/22/2004 at 10:23 AM.
    Sorry for the bump...but, just wondering if this is affecting all of the 650s...or just a few.
    Anyone?
    ^
    see this link at the PalmOne website...

might help some of you...

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...Case=obj(31578)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast