Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The above link is missing the last right parenthesis ")" at the end of the URL and it should be:
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=435,E=0000000000095131734,K=2812,Sxi=8,Case=obj(31578)
    This is Palm One's solution to the IR problem when beaming from T600 to T650...
    (Seems very low rent)

Use a shorter username on the Treo 650:
    User names longer than 10 characters may cause an issue beaming from a Treo 600 to a Treo 650. In order to receive beamed data from a Treo 600, the Treo 650 user name will need to be shortened to 10 characters or less.

Caution: If you have third-party software that was registered to a specific user name, it may not function properly after this procedure is performed. Contact the third-party developer for more information, and to transfer your software to your new user name.

On your desktop computer, launch Palm Desktop (even if you synchronize with Microsoft Outlook or another application, open Palm Desktop).
    Select Users from the Tools menu.
    Select the Treo 650 username from the list, then select Rename.
    Enter a username 10 characters or shorter, and select OK.
    Select OK in the Users window.
    Perform a HotSync operation.
    The Treo 600 should now recognize the Treo 650 when beaming.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    This is Palm One's solution to the IR problem when beaming from T600 to T650...
    (Seems very low rent)

Use a shorter username on the Treo 650:
    User names longer than 10 characters may cause an issue beaming from a Treo 600 to a Treo 650. In order to receive beamed data from a Treo 600, the Treo 650 user name will need to be shortened to 10 characters or less.

Caution: If you have third-party software that was registered to a specific user name, it may not function properly after this procedure is performed. Contact the third-party developer for more information, and to transfer your software to your new user name.

On your desktop computer, launch Palm Desktop (even if you synchronize with Microsoft Outlook or another application, open Palm Desktop).
    Select Users from the Tools menu.
    Select the Treo 650 username from the list, then select Rename.
    Enter a username 10 characters or shorter, and select OK.
    Select OK in the Users window.
    Perform a HotSync operation.
    The Treo 600 should now recognize the Treo 650 when beaming.

Just wondering if anyone has found another solution to this IR problem. My device can send with no problem, but doesn't want to receive anything. Changing my user name seems like just too much of a pain, if it's going to screw up all my 3rd-party apps. Am I stuck with this as a last resort? Also, has anybody actually confirmed that this method with solve the problem? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolio
    Just wondering if anyone has found another solution to this IR problem. My device can send with no problem, but doesn't want to receive anything. Changing my user name seems like just too much of a pain, if it's going to screw up all my 3rd-party apps. Am I stuck with this as a last resort? Also, has anybody actually confirmed that this method with solve the problem? Thanks.

Its only an issue if you receive from a 600 device. The 650 will receive from other devices regardless of ID length.
    When trying to beam from the 600 to 650 try beaming to each other simultaneously and it should catch the incoming beam from the 600. You can just cancel the beam from the 650 to the 600. Hope that helps.
    This character limit on the User/Owner name is absurd. It can affect how some of your 3rd party apps work when HotSynching, etc. What a pain in the ****.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12