1.    #1  
    I've had one problem so far. Suddenly, the treo turns off, restarts (Palm, then Powered by Palm), but continues to do this over and over.

Soft reset and warm reset did nothing, it continued to start and start. Only a hard reset stopped the problem.

This sucked, at home, as I had not yet synced to my home computer, so I can't reinstall stuff till I get to the office later.

Anyone else have any problems yet?

Other than that, I do love the phone.
    On the Treo 600, ##ERR would show which app caused the reset. Does this work on the 650?
    I've had this problem. I think it is an issue with software incompatibility.
    This is usually a third-party app issue.

In previous Treos (180 -> 600) you could get out of such reset loop by holding the up button and resetting the phone. You should keep the up button pressed until the device completes its start up.

This starts the Treo in a mode where applications have not been initialized. You then need to delete what you think is the offending app. and try again.
    It's not the 650. Take off that 3D Tetris! LOL
    amb34, please check your private messages
    I have had reset loops that are hard to track down too.
    The best idea is from an earlier thread. Save all your back up apps to a different directory and add them back one by one until it crashes. Then delete that app. I have had to do this several times on older phones like Samsung I300 and I330.
    Eric
    In preparation for the 650, I've been cleaning house. All the memory issues people have addressed are a bit frightening. Amb34 (and others), if you did run out of memory upon sync, what apps or databases were the "heavy hitters"- which ones inflated massively going from the 600->650? Using FileZ, it appears the apps with the most records on mine are SpellData and Blazer cache. Now, I can clear my cache, no problem and I can probably live without spell check for DocsToGo.. is there anything else I should be ready for?

Also, I wish to restore all my contact information but not all my apps. I've been doing so by deleting prcs/pdbs in my backup/ folder under the palm desktop. Is there a better way to do this??
  10.    #10  
    When I installed the software for the 650, I did a clean install. I had it sync to Outlook only, and had it move all my apps to another folder. I've only added a couple so far, I'm down to 10mb of space left, and I don't have much on. I have to figure out how to run apps from the card, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    I wish to restore all my contact information but not all my apps. I've been doing so by deleting prcs/pdbs in my backup/ folder under the palm desktop. Is there a better way to do this??
    treojunkie, I've been following the instructions here, and so far it's worked pretty well:

Handheld Upgrade Guide for Treo 650

I've only had to do a soft reset once, when Undupe froze.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Hey thanks, tanster, for that link! Do you think this technique will work for DocsToGo? It's launched upon hotsync and I'm not sure where to remove that w/o actually uninstalling the product. I imagine I may have to, though, in order to take advantage of the 320x320 res.