1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard of a problem like this?
    I have a treo 300, and I've imported some midis. What happens is I'll select a ringtone, either one of the stock ones or one of the ones I've imported, and as soon as I go back to see what ringtone is set, it always reverts back to "treo", a pretty annoying sounding one. This only happens for the "known caller" field, all others (unknown, roaming, and custom tones for specific people) still work.

this is annoying the crap out of me. I've done a hard reset, but when I restored the problem came right back. Any ideas?
    check the size and length (in seconds) of the midi's you are trying to use. if they are more than 10k or 10 seconds long, the treo could be 'rejecting' them.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    What program are you using to manage your ringtones! the 300 requires a manager!

Eyedeas
  4.    #4  
    I've been using the free version of ringo, though it doesn't seem too stable. I doubt the treo is 'rejecting' it, because I'm using custom ringtones for unknown callers, and it doesn't seem to have a problem with that. it's only the known caller field that changes. what ringtone managers are better than ringo, and cheap or free if possible?
    tcringer was the best but it's 'out of print'. try hoho or monkeyringer. both have free trial downloads. ringo is awful especially if you have a variety of other stuff running
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.