1.    #1  
    Here's the deal. I'm just sick and tired of my gf, family, and friends pestering me what my schedule is like. I want to just sync my Datebook on my Treo 600 with a calender online. My question is..has anyone of you done this? If so, how? Any free way to do this easily?

Here is my set up: Windows XP, Treo 600 sync'd to Palm Desktop. I don't use Microsoft Outlook. I use Microsoft Outlook Express on my computer for some email though.

Any thoughts from any veterans?

Thanks,
    PU
    Don't know of anything for PalmOS5 devices yet. WeSync does pretty well for PalmOS4 and below and claims to be working on a port to PalmOS5.

(http://www.wesync.com/)
    Yahoo offers a free version of intellisync that will sync all your outlook stuff to a yahoo calendar that can be used with a new account, or an existing yahoo account. Give them the password to sign in and they can check things out any time. It will replace pocket mirror as your conduit, but should sync to your computer equally well!

Eyedeas
  4.    #4  
    OK, so i caved in. I signed up for the free trial of MSN Premium which is basically a package of software. One of them includes intellisync for MSN Calendar which syncs to your Palm Desktop. So far so good...but damn...I downloaded all this MSN Explorer crap just to have this priviledge!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    I used to use wesync until I got the treo600 - pretty good once you get past the hurdles of setting it up. HOWEVER - they've really stalled when it comes to porting to version 5 - almost like it is not really happening. They've had the same "revival" statement on the web site for a long time...I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
    I have used WeSync for several years. In early October I was getting fed up with my Kyo 7135 and emailed WeSync to find out how the update was coming. In the mean time, the 7135 finally put me over the edge, so I convinved VZW to swap it for a Treo 600. I instantly lost my use of WeSync due to the OS, and planned to go with something else, but just this week WeSync finally replied, including a beta of WeSync that supports Palm 5.x. It's working like a charm thus far, but I don't know how many people they'll give it out to, and I don't believe they're accepting new users. But if they do, WeSync does work very well to allow others to see part or all of your schedule from the web. I'm in a small office environment where two people need to coordinate schedules and the use of a conference room as well as share contacts, and others need to see the schedules and contacts. The others can simply use the desktop version of WeSync to view everything...no need for Outlook, Palms, etc. And because it's internet based, you can download the software anywhere, log in, and view the schedules/contacts.

As jsgreen said...don't hold your breath for the new release as it is coming very slowly (it was 5 weeks in between my email and the reply), but I have working proof that they are planning to update it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User
    So far so good...but damn...I downloaded all this MSN Explorer crap just to have this priviledge!
    This is why you should have gone with Yahoo.
  7.    #7  
    andy.e, I tried Yahoo. There were too many bugs. I would lose the Palm Desktop functionality and would be forced to instead input data into a webpage which I didn't like. One of the reasons is the horror stories of individuals who lost their information due to but in the webpage.

Anyhow, the MSN Explorer crap is tedious but unless a better alternative appears that utilizes the Palm Desktop program, I will continue to use the MSN Calendar Hotsync for the next 3 months until my free trial is finished.

PU
    Drot84

I have used Wesync for years. It is why I stopped using a Psion and moved to Palm. Most of our organization is still on the Treo 280 so they can use Wesync. How did you get Beta? Did you use the contact e-mail at Tanner or the Wesyn sight?

I am glad to hear it is working.

SPG
    On a mac, you could just syn with iCal and then publish that calendar. I believe it would all be/could easily be automated too.

J
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User
    andy.e, I tried Yahoo. There were too many bugs. I would lose the Palm Desktop functionality and would be forced to instead input data into a webpage which I didn't like. One of the reasons is the horror stories of individuals who lost their information due to but in the webpage.

Anyhow, the MSN Explorer crap is tedious but unless a better alternative appears that utilizes the Palm Desktop program, I will continue to use the MSN Calendar Hotsync for the next 3 months until my free trial is finished.

PU
    Years ago I used Yahoo and thought it was great, but tried it last year and totally screwed up my entire database. I don't think is supports the current Palm OS. The best on by far was run by Palm itself, years ago, I don't remember then name, but I loved it. It also would merge calendars, but they discontinued it.