Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It seems to have crashed my T650 a couple of times - anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    have you tried mp3Ringer the lite version of lightwav? goto our site www.toysoft.ca/mp3ringer.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    have you tried mp3Ringer the lite version of lightwav? goto our site www.toysoft.ca/mp3ringer.html
    I love LightWAV and will mp3ringer work with the 650? I know Palm changed some stuff in the 650.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I tried them both. Lightwav locks up the phone and mp3ringer would work at all. I tried callfilter and that works okay but not consistant. Still in search for a good mp3 ringer. Any one have better luck?
    I've always come back to Phone Technician. Nothing fancy but it works well and is reasonably priced.
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    What version of LightWav are you using? I've seen other reports that version 3.1a runs fine, hopefully I'll be able to verify that sometime today when my 650 arrives.
  7.    #7  
    3.1a
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    What version of LightWav are you using? I've seen other reports that version 3.1a runs fine, hopefully I'll be able to verify that sometime today when my 650 arrives.
    Im using Lightwav v3.1a and ptunes v3.0 deluxe. As soon as i click on lightwav all I get is a white screen. End up having to soft reset my treo 650.
    Last edited by damigs; 11/19/2004 at 02:59 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Well - it seems to have stopped crashing the phone - but now it wont play any tunes for my contacts....

Notifications are fine though?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Toysoft even sent me the most current which isnt out yet. Version 3.12 and still nothing. Untill they get ahold of a T650 they wont be releasing a version that supports it. So it may be awhile.
  11.    #11  
    I guess - Well at least my notifications work.....

Can't wait for the ringers to return!
    treo 650 is using the accepted standard for most phones with extension .amr. this would be what you'd convert your .mp3 ringtones to (they first need to be converted to .wav). the downside, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $is$ $that$ $it$ $has$ $to$ $be$ $in$ $internal$ $memory$. $i$'$m$ $sure$ $some$ $3rd$ $party$ $will$ $work$ $on$ $this$.

i recommend the first link since u don't have to fill out anything & it seems to be more robust although haven't tried them. it's a GUI for the sony ericcson amr converter. the nokia link requires you to register but is still free.

http://miksoft.evzonastravel.com/mobileAMRconverter.htm
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-63,00.html

the first link-site has a tutorial to get your file ready to convert to amr.
    http://miksoft.evzonastravel.com/tutorialAMR.htm
    i don't have my 650, so keep us posted.
    ***edit-found out that 650 can also use .wav files natively as ringtones (int. memory).
    Last edited by peyote; 11/24/2004 at 12:36 PM.
    Lightwav didn't crash my 650 (oddly enough), but it did prevent my phone from ringing when a call came in. It didn't matter if Lightwav was enabled or not, it didn't matter what ringer I was using, it was as if Lightwav set my phone into silent mode for calls only. All other application and system sounds worked fine.

I had to do a hard reset to get all of Lighwav off my phone, not even deleting it would get my ringers working again.

I'd say some additional testing needs to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Lightwav didn't crash my 650 (oddly enough), but it did prevent my phone from ringing when a call came in. It didn't matter if Lightwav was enabled or not, it didn't matter what ringer I was using, it was as if Lightwav set my phone into silent mode for calls only. All other application and system sounds worked fine.

I had to do a hard reset to get all of Lighwav off my phone, not even deleting it would get my ringers working again.

I'd say some additional testing needs to be done.
    Lightwav has not been tested with the T650 yet however the latest (not released) version of mp3Ringer works fine on T650.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Has anyone gotten MP3 Ringer to work?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Has anyone gotten MP3 Ringer to work?
    if you are a registered user of lwav or mp3ringer send email to support@toysoft.ca for the latest beta.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    if you are a registered user of lwav or mp3ringer send email to support@toysoft.ca for the latest beta.

Sorry Smiley88 I am not a registered user. I tried the demo of mp3ringer and could not get it to work.

Do I have to purchase in order to try the beta?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Lightwav partially works on my phone it doesn't play ringers on incoming calls but when the call ends it does play the disconnect ring I have setup. no other issues - YET!
    The beta I got from them appears to be working without causing reboots. I also tried a demo of mp3ringer which worked as well.
    yep.
    wav/ogg/mp3 ringtone manager mp3Ringer now supports the Treo650 and Tree600.

custom contact and group ringtones.

check it out www.toysoft.ca/mp3ringer.html

Lightwav 5.0 coming soon...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast