Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Has anyone tried the NEW version of LightWAV that may or may not work with the Treo650
    i am using it - works as well as the earlier versions.
    yep.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i had to delete it....caused soft resets.....for some reason couldn't connect on snappermail.....added a crackle to sound/poor sound quality....going the amr route until they get it right
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    what do you mean you could not conenct on snappermail? manually or auto? or both?
    yep.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    could not connect to my mail server manual or automatic....reinstalled it and the same results occured..don't know why..therefore i am leaving it off and living without mp3 ringers for now
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    This may be because I am using the demo versions of both pocket tunes and lightwave but I cannot get it to play MP3s as ringers from my sd card. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by bobva6; 12/05/2004 at 09:50 AM.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Pocket Tunes cannot be run from the SD card. Your mp3's must be located on the card.
    unfortunately for me that is how I have it set up.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Pocket Tunes cannot be run from the SD card. Your mp3's must be located on the card.
    While lightwav and ptunes must be installed to ram. your sound files can be installed to the card or in ram. for ram you need to convert it to palmOS database with our Windows tool or within lwav.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  10.    #30  
    I guess I will just wait until 5.0 comes out...
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I was getting the poping sounds too with lightwav. However the new MP3 ringer works well on the 650.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Hi guys... I now have lightwav working with my T650. I also DL the extention to pockettunes to allow WAV files to work aswell. All seems to be working well except for any sound assigned through the ALARM sounds in lightwav. I assign a sound to say... snappermail and when my phone checks for mail using snappermail, I don't hear my WAV ringer which is: YOUGOTMAIL. I can use lightwav to preview the sound and listen to it no problem. When I go to the treo part of lightwav and assign a sound say.. to SMS sounds. They work fine. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Rasp
    Hi guys... I now have lightwav working with my T650. I also DL the extention to pockettunes to allow WAV files to work aswell. All seems to be working well except for any sound assigned through the ALARM sounds in lightwav. I assign a sound to say... snappermail and when my phone checks for mail using snappermail, I don't hear my WAV ringer which is: YOUGOTMAIL. I can use lightwav to preview the sound and listen to it no problem. When I go to the treo part of lightwav and assign a sound say.. to SMS sounds. They work fine. Any suggestions?
    with 5.0 you have to use KoolAlarms. select SnapperMail then assign the sound then goto snappermail and set the Alarm to silent.

Not all versions of snappermail are supported. 1.8 and 1.9 and 2.0.x only.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I have the same symptoms with LightWav 3.1 on my 650. Everything except the ringers for the phone seems to work. But that is the end of the problem symptoms. Everything else seems to work properly.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbaker
    I have the same symptoms with LightWav 3.1 on my 650. Everything except the ringers for the phone seems to work. But that is the end of the problem symptoms. Everything else seems to work properly.

Brian
    if you have not upgraded to 3.2 then do so. 3.2 works on T650. send email to support@toysoft.ca for the upgrade.
    i have a trial version of lightwav 3.0, but it wont play the ringers i assigned to the individual contacts. im also clueless on how to set up the video for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarner
    i have a trial version of lightwav 3.0, but it wont play the ringers i assigned to the individual contacts. im also clueless on how to set up the video for them.
    make sure lwav is enabled in the general prefs.
    to setup video tap on a contact then select Change Video.

you must have your jpg and gif in the "dcim" folder on the card.
    where in the prefences do i enable lightwav??
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarner
    where in the prefences do i enable lightwav??
    tap on the menu key on the keyboard then select General Preferences.
    I have had ptunes runnung from my sd card. I put it into ram because with zlauncher, I can click on an mp3 file and ptunes will run it.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast