Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    DO you think they doing a zero to whatever no matter which model you order, GSM or Sprint ???

I was order #1002 and ordered a GSM model 20 mins after the last NY seminar. A friend of mine went to the DC show today and also ordered ordered a GSM model and he was #1224.

Just curious if the Sprint orders are in the same numerical range. Did anyone get any real low numbers from the first NY show?

Trying to get a handle on how many are ordered (and what the REAL chances on seeing one before 4-6 months is up ). It seems to me these shw specials won't be on the top ofthe list for priority shipments when they can sell all they can get at retail for the forseeable future.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    From what I can tell, they're all in the same list... so GSM/CDMA 650s, GSM/CDMA 600s are all in the same pool.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I ordered from the 1st NY show (sprint). I am below 100 and I am aware of someone just one ahead of me. So yes the orders are adding up.
    i was at the DC show but misplaced my coupon. Can you please tell me the coupon code?
    Quote Originally Posted by papilsky
    i was at the DC show but misplaced my coupon. Can you please tell me the coupon code?
    Yeah, sure you did.

On this topic's note, I'm about 300 from the LBC show.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
  6.    #6  
    So they need to deliver well over 1200 of these. OUCH!
    I attended to AM chicago show and ordered the GSM 650 that afternoon I was order # 592
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    So they need to deliver well over 1200 of these. OUCH!
    1200 isn't an earth-shattering number... pulling numbers out of the air, it could be 500 units of the Sprint 650, 500 units of the GSM 650, and 200 units of any of the Treo 600 series. I'd venture a guess that maybe 100 orders might be thrown out from people trying to beat the coupon system.

That's a lot of units for your local Best Buy to have in stock, but I don't think it's too wild to expect 500+ GSM 650 units to show up to a fulfillment service like VC.

Slightly off-topic... quite honestly, I can't imagine Vienna Channels is likely to do another one of these events with PalmOne without some significant changes. Poor Jeff Marinangel and the rest of the staff must be pretty frustrated all the people calling, emailing, and generally bugging them about where their 650 is. I don't think this is what they were expecting.

Anyway, maybe it's time for a poll to see what the VC order spread looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    1200 isn't an earth-shattering number... pulling numbers out of the air, it could be 500 units of the Sprint 650, 500 units of the GSM 650, and 200 units of any of the Treo 600 series. I'd venture a guess that maybe 100 orders might be thrown out from people trying to beat the coupon system.
    I wouldnt be surprised to see 400-500 orders thrown out.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    I wouldnt be surprised to see 400-500 orders thrown out.
    I'll drink to that.
    I orderd on 11/16/04, I might get it in 2006. order number 1020.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    Yeah, sure you did.

TheHandlessKing
    The code won't do him any good without a registered email address of someone in attendance.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I ordered on 11/16 after the first talk, and I'm in the upper 800s.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad
    I ordered on 11/16 after the first talk, and I'm in the upper 800s.
    Is there any way to check the order status besides sending an email?
    And do you think we will get them?
    I hope to get my $150 rebate from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by papilsky
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=10&pp=20
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    The coupon code is palmsmart, it does not work unless you went to the show. My friends registerd for the show but did not go, tried to place an order with the coupon and got thier orders canceled yesterday. So dont get your hopes up if did not really go.
    I'm order number 90something... I got a voicemail from them yesterday telling me they wanted to speak to me to discuss my wireless plans and that the Treos would be shipping next week. I also got an email saying the same. So it looks like it wont take as long as expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    Is there any way to check the order status besides sending an email?
    And do you think we will get them?
    I hope to get my $150 rebate from Sprint.
    Here is the number they left me to call back: 919-806-4463
    Quote Originally Posted by RoTTyLr
    palmmobile
    do you know the link to webaddress on vienna, you are referring to D.C. road show correct
    Thank you
    I dont think its too wise to reveal your registered email, the coupon code, location of the show, and vienna's URL on the board.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast